Looking for feedback on Itinerary..first time to DL

KyMattDisney

Mouseketeer
Hi there...looking for feedback on itinerary since this will be our first trip to DL....and first time to Southern CA!! We are WDW veterans but wanted to experience DL for the 50th.

Timeframe: Friday June 24-Sunday July 3rd
Cast: Me, DH, DS (ages 10 and 6)

Friday: Fly from NJ to San Diego, check into Bahia Resort. Have the San Diego 3 for 1 pass. Arrive in SD at 2pm.....probably local sightseeing.
Saturday: San Diego Zoo, Padres Game at night
Sunday: SeaWorld (Breakfast with Shamu)
Monday: Either Wild Animal or Legoland...or do you think we need 2 days in Seaworld?? Drive early evening to Disneyland Hotel. Check in Monday PM. Have standard room, 5 day Hopper Pass
Tues: DL
Wed: DCA
Thurs: DL
Friday: thinking of doing some sightseeing in LA/Hollywood. PM-Parks/Downtown Disney
Saturday: Park Hop DL/DCA
Sunday: fly back to NJ from Orange County airport :(

Any thoughts...also haven't finalized any dining plans/fantasmic buffet..waiting on parade/fantamic times to come out.

Thanks!!! :earsgirl:

Looks like a winner. I consider Sea World a one-day deal. (BTW - If the kids are clamoring for an amusement park experience and you do finish early, Sea World is very near Mission Beach. They've got a pretty good classic 1920's roller coaster and a handfull of other amusements. You can swim in the ocean here too.)

The kids will love Legoland although Wild Animal Park is a pretty good 2nd chioce. (I'm actually partial to the Zoo.)

I think your plan looks great!

Sea World is definitely a 1-day deal. I'm not sure if you've already booked the Bahia in San Diego but I've stayed there and at Paradise Point, which is slightly more $ - but WELL WORTH it.

RE: legoland - unless your kids are big Lego fans, I'd do the wild animal park instead. We took my 8 & 9 y.o. children in November and they were bored w/in 2 hours. Not at all worth the $.

Good luck! :sunny:

Top plan - and definitely only one day needed in Seaworld - a full day, but only one.

I agree that paradise point is well worth the extra money, my dd loves to walk around the grounds, feed the ducks and play on the beach. You can often times get good deals at Expedia, much better then calling

Hi KyMattDisney we will be crossing paths at DL.. we arrive on the 1st of July..

My family always loves SeaWorld.. we visit every year in Orlando.. Having said that, the really liked the SD SeaWorld.. but 1 full day is enough to see the shows and feed/see the animals, and ride the raft ride a few times..

My boys are LegoManiacs.. so legoland is very special to them.

Have a great trip.. we will wave when we see ya there..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter