Looking for -Off site, Fam of 5, Close???

decaff38

1/2 in the World - 1/9/05!!
We will be going to UO the 8th of Jan., 2005. It will be myself, hubby, son-25,daughters 15,17. I would like to stay off site, but close by and have enough beds for all. We don't mind doubling up or triple in a king, but no one on the floor this time. THinking about renting a car for convinence. What are the suggestions from the veterans for lodging? We are also doing WDW for 3 days after UO. WOuld it be better to stay half way inbetween the entire time? I was thinking the Wyndham Palace for the WDW part. Thanks for the ears!!

I would probably use Hotwire to get a really good deal on an off-site hotel.

You should definitly look into either Embassy Suites or Residence Inn by Marriott. There is a really good location for Residence Inn where we stay all the time, its by Sea World off Westwood Blvd. It's really convenient for people going to both USO and WDW. You can go across I4 and take Turkey Lake Road up to USO. Or... you can turn left on Turkey Lake Road (I think) and it turns into Palm Parkway which is right by Downtown Disney.

The Residence Inn also offers a complimentary breakfast, up to 2 br suites that sleep 10, and full-size kitchens in which you can cook meals in to save some money! It's really nice, and you can always get a discounted rate online or if you are a Marriott reward member. Check it out on Tripadvisor.com, you can read a ton of reviews on other hotels as well!

Good luck!

The Holiday Inn Universal has one and two bedroom suites. I stayed at the one bedroom with my son in January. Nice sized suite with a kitchen! The two bedroom is the same as the one with an attached extra bedroom so I know it's nice also. The living room and the bedrooms all have their own TVs and the kids eat free at the awesome TGIF downstairs! I got a great deal on www.hotelkingdom.com for the one bedroom.

Go to the Holiday Inn web-site at www.holiday-inn.com. Choose the Holiday Inn and Suites Universal and pick the Entertainment rate. $84.50 for a 2-bedroom suite that sleeps up to 10 people. $69.50 for the 1- bedroom. Good luck!

What about the Holiday Inn Family Suites? You don't have to get a kids suite, but they do have two bedroom rooms with kitchens. Might be good since your doing both UO and WDW. Lots of restaurants, pools, only downfall would be all the kids...but don't we get that everywere?!? Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter