Looking to Lose Ladies

AWM--yep, that's minutes of exercise this month. I signed up on the WISH Feb. Exercise Challenge for 600 min. I've done 210 as of this morning. Not great, but definitely more than I have been doing!!

As for me & healthy snacks, I love baby carrots and celery! I also love the Smart Pop popcorn! Very yummy!!

Down two from last week's doc appt. weigh-in. (Amazing, considering what I ate at our SuperBowl party! Oink, oink! Love those sugar weenies!) But, ramping back up on the daily dog walking is helping.

I'm partial to pickles myself.

I did get myself some of the rice cakes for the crunch. Hoping to replace the pretzels.

I'm not into rabbit food though, unless it is in a salad. I like the textures combined, but not by themselves. Weird, I know.

I do have to look into healthy snacks because starving myself is NOT the way to do it.

Got my blood draw today. Will find out on Thursday my metabolism & cholesterol stuff.

Will exercise after I finish my breakfast and coffee. My stomach was growling in the doctors office. :blush:

PS- way to go PBF

I HATE baby carrots - I did get some once but YUCK! plain popcorn is good - I have one of those hot air poppers, and honestly 20-25g of raw kernals makes more than you can eat without going "bored now!" (and the birds can have the leftovers). If you don't add salt and any naughties its lmost no calories - about 1/2 a WW point I think if you eat the LOT.

I do like an oatcake with a little houmous (realy I'd like a LOT of houmous and several oatcakes.......), it fills you up quite well. Houmous and raw veg is good - try to get a reducd fat one though, or make your own. For something sweet a WW fat-free yoghurt is 1/2 to 1 point and also works well.

my best trick is to sub 1/2 fat creme fraiche instead of sour cream (its also easier to cook with as it won't split:thumbsup2). Little things like that make a big difference to the calories but not the taste.

ETA if you have a diet soda it fills you up but no calories!

Good Morning! Out at 6 to the pool and gym. 40 minutes in gym and 40 minutes in the pool. My goal is at least 200 minutes per week. I find I have to plan it - pack the gym bag the night before. When I first started going I wasn't very religious about it, but after the big D showed up, I got real serious about it.

My husband was like "but what about breakfast???" That is one of the places I put myself first. "HOney, I NEED to go to the gym. If you want to eat before I get back, you are very capable af getting your own breakfast - you did it when we were working, you can do it again." And that was the end of that.

Our families love us and want us to be healthy, but you know and I know, they have gotten accustomed to thinking the world revolves around them, because WE've made it that way. We have to step up to the plate and OWN our own good health and well being. Until WE have that priority - OWN it - BELIEVE it, they aren't going to either. oh god. there I go, ranting again:guilty: sorry.

Favorite snacks? Cheese stick, half an apple, olives, almonds, seltzer water, celery stuffed with a mixture of cream cheese and feta, ANY kind of stiff raw veggie with ranch dip made from half and half cottage cheese/sour cream and blended to smoothness with an immersion blender. But honestly, I don't snack much.

Not a lover of soda, diet or otherwise. The regular has too much sugar, and diet has other junk in it. I do drink half a cup or so of diet tonic every day to prevent foot cramps, and I might have one of those tiny cans of diet pepsi every couple three months. Water is boring, but oh well. And If I could have a continuous coffee drip . . .

SO, What did you eat today, ladies?

Yesterday was a bad exercise/eating day for me. We had a blizzard so we didn't even get out to shovel.
But today....been shoveling since about 9 am so far, and I plan to go on the treadmill later. That should burn some calories today!
Can't get to the gym yet (closed due to snow) and our street isn't passable yet, but hopefully tomorrow I can get there. It will be about time, we're all going a little stir crazy here!

Linda- I think you are my hero!

I was having a lovely day till DH came in and said I needed to go out and help on the driveway.

Me: You want *me* to help
DH: Ummmm, yes...
Me: OK, fine, I'll do it for you...

Me to DS21: So now you have to worry about *ME* having the heart attack, not dad. But please, if I die from this, remind him for the rest of his life that it's all his fault that I am gone...

Me to DS18: please remind dad that it's all his fault when I keel...

But ya know what...I surprised myself... and my DH. I was out there for 2 1/2 hrs, and while my back is killing me, it's wasn't that bad to get out there. After about 1/2 hr of trying to lift the snow, I decided that I was really going to hurt myself, and for what? I put myself first and said I'm not lifting anymore. So I cleaned off the cars, and pushed snow, broke up ice on the driveway, but no more lifting. DH is still out there, and I'll go back out again in a bit, after the ibuprofin start working. Of course I was milking it for all it's worth...

Me: I think I deserve something really nice for being such a good sport about all this snow
DH: I agree, I'm so glad you came out to help me
Me: So I was thinking, maybe some more wine would be nice
DH: I think that can be arranged...
Me: Or a nice dinner out...
DH: OK
Me: :idea: Or the Mickey Cruise...with a spa day.... ow, my back hurts...
DH: OK, it's not that much snow

:rotfl: it was worth trying!

QOTD:
healthy snacks:
BBQ rice cakes
fruit
raw green peppers

QOTD part 2:
What did I have for lunch.
Chicken nuggets and a sweet tea from McDonalds
I was stuck at school all day for our Grand Re-opening of school store so mom ran out and got me lunch, it was easy. sorry!

Next SS I'm going to get Subway or make a sandwich.

All day?
So far...

Trail Mix Bagel w/coffee
Salad with olives, feta cheese, pepperoni, walnuts balsamic dressing
Package of Pumpkin Seeds [90 calories]
One slice of pizza [I normally have two]
One glass of grape juice
Working on a bottle of water

will have rice cakes & yogurt for evening snack

OK, I'll fess...

I had some of the wing dip I made the kids yesterday... with tortilla chips

I'll be having wine in a bit with my bubble bath.

Still not sure about dinner...

I found last year when I was snowblowing the driveway while DH was recouperating from his shoulder surgery, I would lose up to four pounds. I sweated (um, glistened) up a storm doing that.

Deb, you hand shoveled? Oh that definitely deserves wine, dinner, and a cruise!!!!

My food intake today was:

grapefruit for breakfast
small hazelnut coffee
yoplait yogurt
spinach salad w/hard boiled egg
baby carrots
couple bottles of water
chili for dinner, yum!!!

Deb, you hand shoveled? Oh that definitely deserves wine, dinner, and a cruise!!!!

I know right!!

So I told DH that I don't want new flooring in the LR anymore...

I want a snow blower...

Please be careful, if you do get one.

DH just got home from work with awful news. A co-worker was snow-blowing his driveway this morning and the blower got jammed. I'm not going to finish the rest as I'm sure you all can guess. Tragic - a brilliant scientist - DH and his lab are waiting for more news with surgery updates.

Yeah, the dangers are all too real for me. We have video feed into the trauma rooms at work. One day a few years ago they brought in a guy that the snowblower "got away from him". I won't get graffic, but it was terrible.

I hope your DH's co-worker is OK!

Me: I think I deserve something really nice for being such a good sport about all this snow
DH: I agree, I'm so glad you came out to help me
Me: So I was thinking, maybe some more wine would be nice
DH: I think that can be arranged...
Me: Or a nice dinner out...
DH: OK
Me: :idea: Or the Mickey Cruise...with a spa day.... ow, my back hurts...
DH: OK, it's not that much snow

:rotfl: it was worth trying!

You deserve ALL of that! On the other hand, look at all the calories you burned!

My food intake today was:

grapefruit for breakfast
small hazelnut coffee
yoplait yogurt
spinach salad w/hard boiled egg
baby carrots
couple bottles of water
chili for dinner, yum!!!

You're starving! Where's the protein for breakfast? Oh gosh, I hope you are eating more than that!!!

QOTD:
healthy snacks:
BBQ rice cakes
fruit
raw green peppers

QOTD part 2:
What did I have for lunch.
Chicken nuggets and a sweet tea from McDonalds
I was stuck at school all day for our Grand Re-opening of school store so mom ran out and got me lunch, it was easy. sorry!

Next SS I'm going to get Subway or make a sandwich.

Oh my goodness - YOU're starving too - and then lunch -eek!
<where's that SHOCKED smilie when you need him>

This is what I had today (While hubby's away this mouse eats just what she wants)

Half a whole wheat mini-bagel with a slice of munster cheese before gym

Breakfast was
1/2 cup of melon
a 4 oc angus burger (no bun)
a half cup of coleslaw (dressing made with splenda)
1 cup left over hot veggies from last night.

Lunch was

Another angus burger (no bun)
a bowl of tossed salad with home made italian dressing
another half cup of cole slaw
1/3 of a cupcake (which I planned for, sugarwise, by not having a whole wheat flat to hold my burger)

Supper was

1/3 lb salmon (microwaved) with herbs on it
1 cup of hot veggie mix (green and yellow beans)
1 cup cole slaw leftover from breakfast and lunch.
1 cup of mixed berries with real reddy whip

Bedtime snack

1 tsp Edy's thin mint ice cream (mmmmmmmmmm)
the other half the whole wheat bagel
tsp pb, tsp whole fruit

Sleep sweetly!

I'm a little late but I'd like to join you ladies.

I lost about 25 pounds the first half of last year and gained about 20 of it back the second half. :headache: But I'm trying not to dwell on that and just telling myself that I did it once, I can do it again. Fresh start.

For me the key is exercise, so that's what I'd like my first goal to be - a minimum of 3 hours a week on the treadmill. I was doing that regularly in January, but I've slipped recently. I did my 90 minutes today and I'll do 90 minutes tomorrow. I don't focus on the numbers on the scale as much as I do how my clothes fit.

DH bought the treadmill before Christmas for himself, but it's actually worked out much better for me. Previously we were going to the Y, but it was just way too easy to talk myself out of going. Now, it's in the house - no commute, I don't have to worry about what I look like, I can do it when it works for me. I have no excuse not to use it.

Eating is another matter. I haven't been as rigid about that as I was last year and I need to get back on track. I need to eat breakfast at home and stop grabbing a bagel at work. (Which means I need to go to bed earlier so I can get up in time to do that.) I need to Just Say No to the junk - it just can't come into the house. DH will ask me to buy ice cream - he eats it the first night then never touches it again. So guess who finishes the carton? I need to stop eating after 8pm (which means I have to make sure I bring dinner to work.) A problem is I don't really cook, so my options are limited. I've been making vegetarian chili, but I've burnt out on that. I'm going to go back to salads, but I'll get sick of those after awhile too. And the Lean Cuisines aren't the best option, but they're my backup when I just don't have time for anything else. I would like to learn to cook more things, but cooking just takes me so long and there's not enough hours in the day right now to do all the stuff I have to do.

Anyway, it'll be nice to have some accountability partners!

I'll tell you what I've been doing for a easy breakfast for work... When I heat up my breakfast everyone is so jealous, and tells me it smells wonderful. Honestly, it's easy peasy...

I have some small round rubbermaids. I crack an egg into it, add a splash of milk, and scramble. Then I add some shredded cheddar from the big bag in the fridge that DH buys at BJ's... Into the microwave for 1min. When it's finished, salsa from the fridge, 1tbl or so, and if there is a bit of left over veggies from dinner, I might throw those on too.

That's it... At work, heat it up for 1min. Smells sooo yummy! I'll either eat with a spoon right from the container, or make a breakfast wrap with a low carb tortilla wrap.

Got my workout in again this morning! It's getting (I won't say easier) less hated to get up to do it!

DH & I have a fun Valentine's Day planned for this weekend--Monday, I've got to start the food journaling and really watching what I eat! That's always the kicker for me!!

Sounds yummy Deb!!!

Brooke I need to food journal as well. Grazing is my downfall. It's the stuff I don't even realize I'm eating that's making my weight loss hard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter