Loop Question - 1500 or 2000 for Tent Camping?

HuggaBaloo

<font color=660066>Bear necessities...
I've made plans to stay at FW for the first time the second week of December (woohoo! :teeth: ). Because we'll be tent camping and staying at a basic site, our loop options are limited to either 1500 or 2000. So, I'm looking for suggestions as to which would be better. I know that FW can only try to grant requests, but I'm trying to figure out which to request.

Some of my questions/observations:

(1) From looking at a map I saw online, it looks like 1500 is smaller and that it only has one bath house (which is apparently shared with loop 1600?), while 2000 looks a little bigger and has three bath houses in the vicinity. Should this make a difference?

(2) Is one loop quieter than the other? It seems that the bus stop for 1500 is pretty close to that loop. Does the noise (or smell of fumes) become an issue?

(3) What about the distance to the marina? Is one closer than the other by bus? What about walking?

(4) Any other factors that might help me make up my mind?

(5) Any specific site numbers that are better than others?

Sorry for the long post but I don't usually see too much about these two sites (or tent camping) on the boards and thought I'd ask all you experts out there. Thanks in advance for any input! :)

I've never stayed in either loop, but I have gone through on a bike and golf cart. 1500 is right across from the Meadows area--pool, campfire program, tennis courts, trading post--and is right in the center of the campground. Therefore it is closer to the marina and the Settlement area. As you said, it is smaller and shares the comfort station with 1600--although there is another comfort station close to 1600 and many 1600ers may use that one instead. 2000 is further out--maybe quieter--and very large!

Can't help with any noise aspects, though.

1500 is close to the action compared to 2000 loop, if you want to be close to the amenities go for 1500 loop, 2000 loop is a huge loop and gets a bit wild from what I have heard......

1500 is a very nice loop. we were just at FW and stayed in 2000. Lots of people. We drove through 1500 several times and even considered moving because it so much closer to everything and a lot smaller yet still private. In fact the 1500 loop had more site that were semi-secluded than the 2000 loop. The reality is that most people are not at the site a lot anyway. The showers will not be a problem for any of the loops. You may have to wait for a short time but we never have had a problem in any loop.

Hope this helps and have fun!!!

Thanks, I really appreciate everyone's input!

Plan Man...because the 1500 loop is closer to everything, would you say that it can get noisier at night? I really like that you said the sites were more "semi-secluded." That's really what we're looking for but were afraid that there would be too much activity around the loops that are closer to the public areas (buses, pool, movie, etc.). What do you think?

True, like everyone else, there will be a lot of times that we're not at the site, but we've also planned a few days of low activity to just relax around the site, so this is something that we were wondering about.

Thanks again everyone!!!

We stayed in the 1500 loop recently and LOVED it. It is so close to the pool which we loved because we could slip over there at any time. Our site 1503 was right beside the comfort station and backed onto the bus stop. The first few nights I was awakened by the bus stopping but seemed to get used to it. If you stayed further back in the loop this wouldn't be a problem. Being next to the comfort station we also heard the air conditioning going on and off all night. I still would pick that same site it was worth being close to the pool and there is a sandpit with a tetherball that kept the kids busy while dinner was being prepared. I didn't notice any other noise near by. The comfort stations were not busy either. I never had to wait for a shower or to use the bathroom.

Hi HuggaBaloo,
I've stayed in a tent in loop 1600 (a pet and water/electric/sewer loop) and was the only tent camper. My thoughts were, a discount is a discount and that's where they put me! Anyways, the comfort stations were largely un-utilized because of all the big rigs in the sites. So you might find it to be more pleasant to be sharing comfort stations with RV campers than with other tent campers.

I'd recommend 1500. You will probably hear the campfire but it quiets down.

The summary of "the sites are roomy for RVs, but small for tent campers" can apply according to the amount of 'brush' around your site. It can be open or closed depending on the actual site and can vary within the loop. Personally, I like a lot of brush b/c I have to step outside my tent to ((ahem, please excuse me))... complete dressing (zip up) and I like my privacy. The RVers looked at me a little strange but people watching is what some of camping is about. On the plus side, I got to lust after all the cool RVs!

I've also been in a tent in sites that were DIRECTLY near the road/buses. No fume problems ever, but I sure got used to that 7am bus. SCREECH!

Be sure to check back in here and tell us how it goes, OK?

I don't think noise will be a problem but ask for a site away from the road and you will definately not have noise problems. We have found the Disney campground to be very quiet. It seems that everyone is tired. When I say semi-secluded I mean that you are not right on top of the next camper. You will be close and probably only have a little brush or tree to seperate you from neighbors. We camp a lot and prefer very private sites. The sites although considerably less private then what we usually look for they have never been a problem nor have we ever had bad neighbors.

Thanks for all the great info! After reading all of these responses, I've found myself leaning towards the 1500 loop. Good to know that noise and bus fumes should not be an issue.

Jaxtrip, good point about the lower utilization of the 1500 bath house (shared with 1600) due to the likelihood of the RVs in the 1600 loop not needing to use it. That really makes sense and I had not thought of it that way.

Plan Man, thanks for the suggestion of asking for a site away from the main road. That's probably what we'll be doing.

I'll let everyone know how it goes (can't wait :teeth: )! As usual, thanks for the wonderful insight! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter