Losing A Tooth at Disney...Weird Question! :)

In case anyone can get these, our tooth fairy always brings gold dollar coins; pirate money!

We were gold dollar coin people, too. Ds had a loose tooth so I brought a couple with me.

And on a resort-touring day, after I handed out protein bars bc half of our extended group was getting hangry while waiting for the WL boat to MK, he bit into his Mojo Bar and the tooth came right out.

We never told any CMs, but maybe I would have if I hadn’t been prepared. We were heading to the then Downtown Disney, and hubby distracted him while I bought a Lego Harry Potter keychain.

That way we had the traditional coin plus a little something extra.

We're currently driving the 24 hour trip from MN down to Disney and my daughter asked us in the car tonight, "Wouldn't that be cool if I lost my tooth at Disney World?" Her question made me wonder, with all the super special things Disney does, do they have anything special for kids who lose a tooth while at Disney? I know it's a weird question but I had to ask! :)

Plus, this "Tooth Fairy" doesn't have any cash with to put under her pillow!
How do you travel (especially over 1000 miles) with ZERO CASH?!?! I am not a fan of carrying much cash, but I always have at least $10 in my pocket. I could at least buy a soda from a machine. Heck I could scrounge up a dollar in change just by searching my car. Unless your tooth fairy is dropping $100 dollar bills, you should be able to scare up a dollar from your car ashtray. :confused

I almost never have cash either. I don’t think it’s weird that they wouldn’t have cash.

How do you travel (especially over 1000 miles) with ZERO CASH?!?! I am not a fan of carrying much cash, but I always have at least $10 in my pocket. I could at least buy a soda from a machine. Heck I could scrounge up a dollar in change just by searching my car. Unless your tooth fairy is dropping $100 dollar bills, you should be able to scare up a dollar from your car ashtray. :confused

I don’t remember the last time I carried cash anywhere either. Plus, the drink machines all run on credit cards.

I never have cash on me either. Debit card and magicband is all I need. Anytime I have leftover change, my kid claims it for water fountains or bubblegum machines.

I love the idea of a Disney themed present under the pillow!

A few years ago... :rotfl2: on my very first trip to WDW, when I was 6, I lost a tooth - I can confirm that the Tooth Fairy can come to the (now Saratoga) Treehouses! No idea what she left me, probably wasn't more than $1, but it was definitely one of the things I still remember! (that, and don't feed the peacocks - one bit my dad!)

When daughter lost her tooth in all places but poolside when one of the spouting water things in the ground caught her right in the face/mouth we went to the front desk and they were kind enough to send a runner to MK to get a couple of Tinkerbell items (which we of course paid for), they gave us a bag of “pixie dust” aka Mickey confetti and a balloon and Tink made magic happen overnight despite the unfound tooth. After all the only “fairy” in Disney per my daughter at that time is Tink :tinker:

Omg this is a fantastic thread!!!!

6 yo DD discovered a super wiggly tooth last week and she is trying like mad to get it out before our trip to Wdw on Nov 11!! She wants desperately to have her photos show off where the space will be when the baby tooth comes out.

It’s nice to hear these fun stories so in case it happens there, we can make it special for her. I guess most things that happen in Disney are special :)

Guess I oughtta carry a couple tissues in my bag just in case!!

My son lost his tooth at AK, and I never gave it any thought that Disney might do something. We had a few Disney Dollars at the time and used them. DS still has those dollars.

On a side note, I'm old school and can't imagine traveling without any cash. If staying on site, how do you handle gratuities for bellhops and chambermaids?

My daughter lost a tooth one evening at BLT. She was crying thinking the tooth fairy would not find her tooth at BLT. Just to calm her down, I called the front desk (which I guess was a call center maybe?) and told them they were on speaker with my daughter and me. Explained her delima, and CM said that “the tooth fairy comes to BLT all the time and sometimes Tinkerbell even helps her out.” DD was happy with that and indeed the tooth fairy (AKA mom and dad!) came to BLT that night. The next day we went to the parks. When we returned to the room, there was a solid chocolate tinkerbell, chocolate strawberries and a note from tinkerbell herself, congratulating DD on her tooth. Most magical thing that ever happened to us!

I never have cash on me either. Debit card and magicband is all I need. Anytime I have leftover change, my kid claims it for water fountains or bubblegum machines.

I love the idea of a Disney themed present under the pillow!
It wasn't that long ago that most of the eastern seaboard lost power for 24 hours plus. Cc didn't work. Carry a little cash. Pls.

I lost my first tooth at Disney. I received 5 regular dollars and 5 Disney dollars from the Tooth Fairy. Obviously Disney Dollars have since been discontinued but it was a great as a 6 year old.

My daughter lost a tooth one evening at BLT. She was crying thinking the tooth fairy would not find her tooth at BLT. Just to calm her down, I called the front desk (which I guess was a call center maybe?) and told them they were on speaker with my daughter and me. Explained her delima, and CM said that “the tooth fairy comes to BLT all the time and sometimes Tinkerbell even helps her out.” DD was happy with that and indeed the tooth fairy (AKA mom and dad!) came to BLT that night. The next day we went to the parks. When we returned to the room, there was a solid chocolate tinkerbell, chocolate strawberries and a note from tinkerbell herself, congratulating DD on her tooth. Most magical thing that ever happened to us!
Fantastical! Now that's my Disney World! Thanks so much for sharing!

This was about 5 years ago, and my DD still remembers it so fondly, and I tear up remembering it. It was so unexpected! If we really reached the call center when we pressed “front desk” from our room phone, then it’s even more impressive because that CM would have had to call the real front desk at BLT and arrange all this. That’s one of the reasons we’ve been back so many times, at least once a year since that visit. We’ve done 1 disney cruise, 1 WDW trip, 2 DLR trips this year alone, and we’re returning to WDW one more time in December of this year for our first MVMCP. So that pixie dust by the CM really paid off for Disney! Then again, that’s what makes Disney special right!?! They really showed their stripes that day for our family for sure!

My son lost his first tooth while in line for ToT. I told the CM who was standing right by us and he said congrats. That was it.

My son lost his front tooth in the POTC line. (There was hand sanitizer and a tissue involved.) The ladies behind us in line made a big deal, cheering and clapping for him. Which made him feel great.
Nothing says Mom Life like riding rides all night with a someone else’s tooth wrapped in a tissue in your pocket. LOL.
We were in MK until midnight so they tooth fairy couldn’t buy anything extra, but she did leave $10.

Oh and this! I hung onto the tooth so hard while on ToT!! I had left my bag with my husband who wasn't riding so had nowhere to put it.
TF left $5.

ETA - If you have no cash how do you tip housekeeping, ME, Bell Services, etc.

At ASMu last summer, the CM at the front desk gave me some Mickey shaped confetti to put on his pillow.

Chiming in on what others have said.

Sometimes the front desks do have a little special something so be sure to inquire. I used to work at a resort and they had little things for this kind of even from time to time.

And with the assumption you’re not carrying ANY cash (do you not have any or just not enough for a tooth fairy surprise?) I hope you have cash for mousekeeping tips and bell services if you are using either of those services.

While I rarely carry or need cash at home, cash while traveling is an important safety net especially on a long drive (what if credit card communications are down at a gas station and you’re in the middle of nowhere and low?)

Sorry to sound preachy and lecture, but if you don’t have any cash I’d really get some.

I almost never have cash either. I don’t think it’s weird that they wouldn’t have cash.

On a drive from MN to FL? What if they couldn’t get gas because credit card machines were down? Happens all the time. How would you tip bell services and mousekeeping?

I hate to carry cash and I don’t carry cash at home too much but always leave a little in the glove compartment in case of a gas emergency.

And on our 16-20 hour road trips? You can bet we bring enough for emergency gas, mousekeeping and bell services tips.

Unfortunately,no.

You could get her an "I'm Celebrating" button and put "Losing a Tooth" on it and,you never know,a CM may see it and do something special for her.:)

My youngest lost a tooth at hs. The guy at the kiosk we went to to get napkins was excited and gave her stickers. But the front desk had nothing. We just wrote a note and signed it tinker bell

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter