@~Losing Weight for Mickey~@

Whats the hardest about dropping a few pounds?

• Miss Food

• Just thinking about it

• Working out

• Finding support

• Knowing what works

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thank you! This is a great thread. It is one of the reasons that I came out of lurking. It is nice to have support.

:goodvibes

Hi Girls!! I love this thread! I am 21 now and weigh way too much (265lbs to be exact). I haven't really gained any since I got back from my last trip, but haven't lost any either... and I was looking at pics from my first trip to Disney back in 06 and I'm pretty sure I've gained 80 lbs :eek:
I know that my biggest problem is I only drink about 8 oz of water every 2 days.... bad bad bad... so that is my goal... to add drinking water and some exercise to try to cut pounds
I would love to join along with all of you on this journey to making the parks a slimmer place for all :yay:
I think this thread will be my new motivation, so thank you all

Hi Girls!! I love this thread! I am 21 now and weigh way too much (265lbs to be exact). I haven't really gained any since I got back from my last trip, but haven't lost any either... and I was looking at pics from my first trip to Disney back in 06 and I'm pretty sure I've gained 80 lbs :eek:
I know that my biggest problem is I only drink about 8 oz of water every 2 days.... bad bad bad... so that is my goal... to add drinking water and some exercise to try to cut pounds
I would love to join along with all of you on this journey to making the parks a slimmer place for all :yay:

welcome:

I think that this thread is a great idea as well.

One way I find to drink plenty of water is to add crystal light to a bottle of water. It helps me a lot.

Good luck pixiedust::

Hi Girls!!

Thanks for coming by anytime you need some support:hug: come and let it all out! You will feel better and its nice to have someone to relate too.

One thing I wanna say to say I started this thread mostly cause I was having a "FAT" day:sad1: and got tired of feeling that way:mad:.
With all of you I am feeling like I can quit having "FAT" days and have a better feeling about myself.:lovestruc

To all who have posted and shown support:worship: to not only me but each other thanks DIS'ers :flower3:you are what make signing on everyday worth it!:dance3:

Good morning ladies! I am loving this. I am going to DW in Dec. to celebrate my 40th birthday. I would love to lose 15-20lbs. We went to Disney in 2003, one year after my DD was born. My husband had lost 30lbs and I had lost 20lbs before we went. I look back at those pictures and wonder where that girl went( and that handsome boy because he put all of his weight back on also:happytv:). We spent a week in Orlando last year at Universal, SeaWorld, Aquatica, and Busch Gardens. I look at those pictures and I :scared1:. I am determined to look that way(2003) again especially for my 40th birthday. Two of BFF's and their families are going with us for a grand gathering. Watch out for the Alabama Bash 2009. I am going to get them on board also. Our problem - we love to eat!!!! We are Southern Baptist and we don't have any functions WITHOUT FOOD. I also teach with a faculty that loves to cook and bring food for every occasion. Plus we love to chow down while watching the Crimson Tide! My DDs are competitive gymnasts and one BFF's daughter is also. We are on the road a lot which means eating out and eating around their practice schedules. It is hard to have healthy, home-cooked meals. Another excuse, my husband is a high school football and baseball coach. Right now, a dinner around the table is difficult for us. Now that you have heard my sorry excuse sob story, give me a swift kick in the pants and tell me to get with it!:yay: I'll be checking in frequently.:surfweb:Have a BLESSED DAY!

:goodvibesGood Morning Ladies: I did really well yesterday. This morning very early I got on the scale and dropped 1.5 pounds!!! :cool1: I am so thrilled to see my hard work paying off. I am now 173.5 and am hoping for another 43.5 before my Aug 23 trip to WDW. If I can't make the 43.5 I am hoping to get as close as I can. Lisa I love the poll. For me it's missing the food. Because I love to eat. But now I have to love me more and wanting to get healthy. This morning I went out and did some shopping so I was sure to park far away to get some exercise in. Soon I am going on the Wii Fit. I am going to give that Step exercise a try again. I am going to do what you suggested Lisa counting. And if I am having a really bad day I plan on playing the soccer game...maybe a few shoes to the head might help...HA, HA. :rotfl2: Everyone keep up the good work and even if you slip get right back up and start over. :banana:

Maryann

:goodvibesGood Morning Ladies: I did really well yesterday. This morning very early I got on the scale and dropped 1.5 pounds!!! :cool1: I am so thrilled to see my hard work paying off. I am now 173.5 and am hoping for another 43.5 before my Aug 23 trip to WDW. If I can't make the 43.5 I am hoping to get as close as I can. Lisa I love the poll. For me it's missing the food. Because I love to eat. But now I have to love me more and wanting to get healthy. This morning I went out and did some shopping so I was sure to park far away to get some exercise in. Soon I am going on the Wii Fit. I am going to give that Step exercise a try again. I am going to do what you suggested Lisa counting. And if I am having a really bad day I plan on playing the soccer game...maybe a few shoes to the head might help...HA, HA. :rotfl2: Everyone keep up the good work and even if you slip get right back up and start over. :banana:

Maryann

That's wonderful Maryann! Congradulations, you are well on your way to your goal.

Right now there is free cake in our break room at work and I am avoiding it at all costs. :rolleyes1

That's wonderful Maryann! Congradulations, you are well on your way to your goal.

Right now there is free cake in our break room at work and I am avoiding it at all costs. :rolleyes1

Think of cake as one piece. You can say no to one piece. as long as you don't eat that one piece you won't eat another and another piece.

Good job Maryann! lb by lb you will get there.

Thank you. I always try to take it 1 pound at a time.

Blairbear keep away from the cake:thumbsup2. I know it's so hard and cake is so good!!:) But you just have to remember how good it will taste to be healthy and looking good while at WDW:banana:. Try to keep some healthy snacks at work, so you can enjoypopcorn::. I have tried most of the 100 calorie snacks and they are really good. It's amazing when you think how many calories are in the food we eat. I love it now that they have the calories on the menu's when you go out to eat. It makes you aware and you can go for the lower cal. food. Good Luck.:cheer2:

WOW... you ladies are awesome... great job on the weight loss. After years of trying to lose weight, nutra system, Jenny Craig, weight watchers, months with dieticians I wasn't getting anywhere... my blood pressure was out of control. I decided that I needed something more drastic and had gastric bypass surgery. That was December 5, 2009... yes just 4 months ago. My weight on surgery day was 228 lbs... I had lost 8 pounds prior to that ( because the doctor wanted me to). I am 5'3". I am now 169 pounds... so almost 60 pounds. It is a struggle every day not to put things in my mouth... it is as much a mind thing as anything else...this food addiction. I am feeling healthier.. my blood pressure is great... My goal is to be at 165 lbs for my May trip. The first 30 pounds came right off... now its work... watching what I eat, exercising (which I hate to do)... I must say that this is a journey... be proud of the successes you have... however small they are....

WOW... you ladies are awesome... great job on the weight loss. After years of trying to lose weight, nutra system, Jenny Craig, weight watchers, months with dieticians I wasn't getting anywhere... my blood pressure was out of control. I decided that I needed something more drastic and had gastric bypass surgery. That was December 5, 2009... yes just 4 months ago. My weight on surgery day was 228 lbs... I had lost 8 pounds prior to that ( because the doctor wanted me to). I am 5'3". I am now 169 pounds... so almost 60 pounds. It is a struggle every day not to put things in my mouth... it is as much a mind thing as anything else...this food addiction. I am feeling healthier.. my blood pressure is great... My goal is to be at 165 lbs for my May trip. The first 30 pounds came right off... now its work... watching what I eat, exercising (which I hate to do)... I must say that this is a journey... be proud of the successes you have... however small they are....

:thumbsup2Congrats Wendy on making such a big change in your life. I am sure you will reach your goal for your up coming trip:goodvibes. It really is a way of life and not just a diet. It is a struggle everyday. But it is worth everything to be healthy. Just being able to breath and not having to worry about high blood pressure. You should be so proud of yourself. :love:

Maryann :surfweb:

Good morning ladies! I am loving this. I am going to DW in Dec. to celebrate my 40th birthday. I would love to lose 15-20lbs. We went to Disney in 2003, one year after my DD was born. My husband had lost 30lbs and I had lost 20lbs before we went. I look back at those pictures and wonder where that girl went( and that handsome boy because he put all of his weight back on also:happytv:). We spent a week in Orlando last year at Universal, SeaWorld, Aquatica, and Busch Gardens. I look at those pictures and I :scared1:. I am determined to look that way(2003) again especially for my 40th birthday. Two of BFF's and their families are going with us for a grand gathering. Watch out for the Alabama Bash 2009. I am going to get them on board also. Our problem - we love to eat!!!! We are Southern Baptist and we don't have any functions WITHOUT FOOD. I also teach with a faculty that loves to cook and bring food for every occasion. Plus we love to chow down while watching the Crimson Tide! My DDs are competitive gymnasts and one BFF's daughter is also. We are on the road a lot which means eating out and eating around their practice schedules. It is hard to have healthy, home-cooked meals. Another excuse, my husband is a high school football and baseball coach. Right now, a dinner around the table is difficult for us. Now that you have heard my sorry excuse sob story, give me a swift kick in the pants and tell me to get with it!:yay: I'll be checking in frequently.:surfweb:Have a BLESSED DAY!

:welcome:

It is hard to eat right when you are running around all the time. It is always eaiser to just grab something and go. I am trying to get low calorie healthy snacks made up, so it is easy to grab and go. Good luck :goodvibes

Congradulations on your weight loss! It is wonderful that you are feeling better and your health has improved. I completely believe that food can be an addiction of sorts, I know it is for me.

I know that you will reach your goal! :goodvibes

Think of cake as one piece. You can say no to one piece. as long as you don't eat that one piece you won't eat another and another piece.

Blairbear keep away from the cake. I know it's so hard and cake is so good!! But you just have to remember how good it will taste to be healthy and looking good while at WDW. Try to keep some healthy snacks at work, so you can enjoy. I have tried most of the 100 calorie snacks and they are really good. It's amazing when you think how many calories are in the food we eat. I love it now that they have the calories on the menu's when you go out to eat. It makes you aware and you can go for the lower cal. food. Good Luck.

Ladies I have resisted the cake and I am happily munching on an apple. :thumbsup2

Thank you all for the support.

maidenfairy- That is a fact I am really bad about one just not being enough!

mpetti - I can't believe how many calries are in the foods that we eat, just looking at nutrion facts online makes my head spin!

:thumbsup2Congrats Wendy on making such a big change in your life. I am sure you will reach your goal for your up coming trip:goodvibes. It really is a way of life and not just a diet. It is a struggle everyday. But it is worth everything to be healthy. Just being able to breath and not having to worry about high blood pressure. You should be so proud of yourself. :love:

Maryann :surfweb:

Congradulations on your weight loss! It is wonderful that you are feeling better and your health has improved. I completely believe that food can be an addiction of sorts, I know it is for me.

I know that you will reach your goal! :goodvibes

Thanks ladies..... I know its a struggle for so many of us... nice to have a support system to chat with!!!!:surfweb:

I will join you! We are going to WDW Sept. 12th so almost the same time as you are. I started a diet over a year ago and have lost around 40 pounds but I really need to lose another 35-40. It has been hard. I have started getting on the treadmill and walking everyday so hopefully I will be in shape by then.

Good morning ladies! I am loving this. I am going to DW in Dec. to celebrate my 40th birthday. I would love to lose 15-20lbs.
I am determined to look that way(2003) again especially for my 40th birthday.
Two of BFF's and their families are going with us for a grand gathering. Watch out for the Alabama Bash 2009. I am going to get them on board also. Our problem - we love to eat!!!! We are Southern Baptist and we don't have any functions WITHOUT FOOD.
My DDs are competitive gymnasts and one BFF's daughter is also. We are on the road a lot which means eating out and eating around their practice schedules. It is hard to have healthy, home-cooked meals. Another excuse, my husband is a high school football and baseball coach. Right now, a dinner around the table is difficult for us. Now that you have heard my sorry excuse sob story, give me a swift kick in the pants and tell me to get with it!:yay: I'll be checking in frequently.:surfweb:Have a BLESSED DAY!

Girl GO ROLL TIDE!
Had to get that out of the way. Now that I have the more the merrier. Also trust me on the trying to not eating so much as a southern baptist we have a pot-luck at church every lunch and dinner this week for Easter. So I know how you're tempting. Thank you for teacher our youth (you and DH).
My DD(4) does competitive dance and it has me running however not losing any weight from all the running :-)confused3)
Remember even if you are having fast food its possible to eat healthy. Like a Grilled Sandwich (no mayo) and skip fries ask for a salad or fruit cup (since most places give your more choices now).

Have a good one in BAMA!

Maryann

Now my Maryann don't miss food just change the way you look at it (that was guruish) I was reading on a site that instead of missing and going hungry you should choose a healthy snack apparently nuts, cheeses, and fruits are always good and filling. This way when you see something that you think your hungry for you are full and can resist it more.

Has anyone tried the Special K snacks and water?

Also I have yet to turn on hte WII Fit but am hoping to before dance tonight (tonight is the night my DD and I have dance class, yep at 25 I still dance with 17 yr olds and can hold my own too ad they look better in the costumes than me oh well age difference doesn't help)

Thank you. I always try to take it 1 pound at a time.

Blairbear keep away from the cake:thumbsup2. I know it's so hard and cake is so good!!:) But you just have to remember how good it will taste to be healthy and looking good while at WDW:banana:. Try to keep some healthy snacks at work, so you can enjoypopcorn::. I have tried most of the 100 calorie snacks and they are really good. It's amazing when you think how many calories are in the food we eat. I love it now that they have the calories on the menu's when you go out to eat. It makes you aware and you can go for the lower cal. food. Good Luck.:cheer2:

I hate reading how many calories are in what we eat I love those snacks and have been mixing between those and nut, fruit, cheese mix I made.

WOW... you ladies are awesome... great job on the weight loss. I am 5'3". I am now 169 pounds... so almost 60 pounds. It is a struggle every day not to put things in my mouth... it is as much a mind thing as anything else...this food addiction. I am feeling healthier.. my blood pressure is great... My goal is to be at 165 lbs for my May trip. The first 30 pounds came right off... now its work... watching what I eat, exercising (which I hate to do)... I must say that this is a journey... be proud of the successes you have... however small they are....

My mother had GB surgery to lose weight and that was over 3 yrs ago she had to change her entire LIFE. And it is hard it isn't just going in and having the surgery you have to remeber with every meal how much sugar, fat, and claories you can have. FOr months she was misrable because she could only drink these nasty nutrion shakes. So Way to go on doing so well.

Ladies I have resisted the cake and I am happily munching on an apple. :thumbsup2

Thank you all for the support.

WAY TO GO blairbear! :cool1:

I will join you! We are going to WDW Sept. 12th so almost the same time as you are. I started a diet over a year ago and have lost around 40 pounds but I really need to lose another 35-40. It has been hard. I have started getting on the treadmill and walking everyday so hopefully I will be in shape by then.

Well way to go Mrs Grumpy for reaching 40 lbs. :woohoo: You can get that last 35-40 if you have made it this for and hope you enjoy our thread of lovely ladies who are all here for the same reason. Supporting each other is the best way to reach a common goal. :grouphug:

:grouphug:Even a house needs support and with one brick at a time a house is built. So lets build and support one another!
:grouphug:

Wow this is a great bunch of ladies. We are making our way to our goals, exercising and resisting that piece of cake. Good job! My goal tonight is to do the step. I have it in the living room and I can hear is whispering to me. "Tonya get off your hiney and step. You can do it while watching T.V." (The lack of sugar in my system may explain why exercise equipment is talking to me)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter