Louisiana

Hi everyone!:wave2:

I was just directed to this thread, (hi ilovejack02!) I didn't even know it was here! Wow, what a lot of LA Disers.

I live near Gonzales, which is between BR and NO.

I wanna be in on any Louisiana Dis-meets!

We are just one bridge North of New Orleans! Our city's population is double the size it was in Aug 05, and Slidell had 69% of the city flooded. The rest of the city and areas North had terrible damage from the sustained 174 mph winds and gusts of 193 mph. You don't hear that in the news, just the big name New Orleans. :confused3 Go figure. Mississippi on the coast is a disaster, but they will repair and return, just like we are doing. :thumbsup2

Being from South Louisiana we have such an abundance of flavorful food right here at home, I was wondering if there is a place in WDW where you find the food to be comparable to what we can find here. I know I won't find the exact types of food (no crawfish), but I like my food to have a little flavor. We usually just stick to eating fast food because I figure that you can't mess up a hot dog. I know I may be a little off topic, but I just can't trust a yankee to tell me if the food is good.:laughing:

I know what you mean! For years we carried my DH's homemade seasoning (Tony Chachere's type) with us to WDW! Always found the food bland and yes they can mess up hotdogs! We have always found the quick service places in WDW to be pretty bad. Luckily, I think they have improved quite a bit, especially in the nicer table serv. places. Try some foods that are not easily available around you. I usually stay away from seafood, but lately have found some good fish. (Grouper at the Brown Derby was great!) There are quite a few really good steak places, too! (Yachtsman, Le Cellier) Life is too short to eat just fast food on vacation!

We are from Alexandria....Central Louisiana

We are going to WDW in June! Can't wait!!

:cool1: me, we are originally from the New Orleans area but are now in Saint Amant (just outside Gonzales).

we are planning our first family trip to WDW in June, it will be my dh, me, our three kids and my two brothers:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter