Louisiana

MiniGirl said:
When you go to the World, do you like to stay at POR or POFQ? Do you prefer the other resorts? Just curious.

It's funny you should ask. We were originally going to stay at the CBR but it was not available. The only thing in that category were the New Orleans resorts. I told DH..."I just can't justify driving all the way to Orlando to stay in New Orleans" :confused3 He agreed. :rotfl2: They look like really nice resorts, and we may stay there in the future. It's just not one of my first choices because we live so close to the real thing. ;)

Blueyed Girl said:
Hi y'all! Just noticed this thread for the first time! I'm from around the big (not really) LC. :teeth:
Hey I grew up in Lake Charles, now live in Welsh not far away but work in LC, glad to see more from this area.

:thumbsup2 Our family is from way down south in Cut Off Louisiana. Sounds really down there on the map and it is... we're about an hour southwest of New Orleans Louisiana :wave2:

We are going Feb 4th thru 10th. I do hope it is not too cold. It is hard knowing what to pack. Are you going in Feb.? Where are you from?

We are going Feb 4th thru 10th. I do hope it is not too cold. It is hard knowing what to pack. Are you going in Feb.? Where are you from?

I'm from around LC. We are going on the 10th of Feb. I'm not sure what to pack either. We just went to Academy and bought some light jackets for just in case.(lined windbreaker type) I will be packing "layers" of clothes that way we will be prepared for anything. Our suitcases will be STUFFED! But I'd rather that, than to end up cold or wet.;)

We are from Sulphur, LA. In Sept. and Oct. 2005 we were running from Hurricane RITA and evacuated to Orlando. We had always wanted to go to WDW sometime other than Summer or Christmas. We were able to be at WDW for my spouse's birthday and attend Mickey's Halloween Party.

I am from West Monroe (NE), LA. I saw a few people from up here. We are going in Oct.2007. I can't wait!
-Becca

Hello everyone, I am from Many, LA. It is 80 miles south of Shreveport. Very small.!!! Glad to see so many fellow dissers from Louisiana!!!

I am glad to see so many people from Louisiana that love disney and the dis board.:cool1:

Just dropping by this thread to wish everyone a Happy New Year!

What a great week for Louisiana sports . . . GO SAINTS in your final regular season game today in the Dome against the Panthers . . .

How sweet it is on Wednesday when LSU takes on Notre Dame in the Allstate Sugar Bowl in the Dome. I'll be there on the sidelines and will post images after the game.

Counting down the days to our next Disney cruise that begins Mardi Gras Week -- 47 days to go.

Since I last posted on this thread, we decided we didn't want to get off the ship and extended our vacation another week adding a second cruise . . . BACK 2 BACK!!!! We'll be on the Magic from 2/17 through 3/4/07.

Hey y'all
I'm from New Orleans!
Won't be back in Disney until next September!

Lady McBeth

Being from South Louisiana we have such an abundance of flavorful food right here at home, I was wondering if there is a place in WDW where you find the food to be comparable to what we can find here. I know I won't find the exact types of food (no crawfish), but I like my food to have a little flavor. We usually just stick to eating fast food because I figure that you can't mess up a hot dog. I know I may be a little off topic, but I just can't trust a yankee to tell me if the food is good.:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter