Louisville - Derby Weekend - Sightseeing Ideas??

Muddy Rivers

DIS Veteran
We are headed to Louisville next Thursday for the Derby and will have a 1 1/2 days to tour Louisville. Thanks to many DIS Boarders, we have our hotel and dining all set.

For sightseeing we are planning on the Belle of Louisville boat ride, Louisville Slugger Museum and a Bourbon Tour. We would like to stay close to the Louisville area, so any suggestions for a local Bourbon Tour?

Also looking for any sightseeing ideas that we missed.

Thanks!!

The Frazier Historical Museum is fun and located downtown. So is the Science Center. I believe they are within blocks of each other.

I love the Louisville Zoo. It is fun to walk around.

If you cross the bridge (any of them) to Southern Indiana, there is a Confectionery in Jeffersonville, IN called Schimpff's. They are one of the oldest candy stores in the US and they still hand make a lot of their candies in the front of the shop for everyone to see. I love their cinnamon candies.

Have a good time!

The Frazier Museum is directly across the street from the Louisville Slugger factory. I would suggest both of those. The Louisville Mega Cavern Tram tour is nice also.

You can do the walking bridge and walk over the Ohio River to the Indiana side. That will put right by Schimpff’s as someone mentioned above. Some great lunch/dinner places right there too. The pizza place just as you come off the bridge and The Red Yeti are both quite good.

If you do decide to do the walking bridge (look for the carousel) do it during daylight. The Louisville side can get rowdy after dark.

Thank you to everyone for all of the great tips! We just got back from the Kentucky Derby and a wonderful vacation in Louisville. We made it to Evan Williams, Galt House, Brown Hotel ... and many of the restaurants suggested. Sidebar at Whiskey Row , Wild Eggs and Toast on Main were our favorites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter