Lovers of SSR please help me

Ok now I am second guessing myself. I have booked 3 nights at OKW before our 6 nights at a Treehouse and now I am wondering if I should swap it for SSR

Ok now I am second guessing myself. I have booked 3 nights at OKW before our 6 nights at a Treehouse and now I am wondering if I should swap it for SSR

Spilt stays are fun though! Never stayed at OKW but it looks really nice. We went and had a look when we were there last month. My heart is with SSR and AKV but I would def not be disappointed by OKW. They had some great amenities going on. I liked the pool area, the cafe and the general feel. The CM were so friendly! Other people have said they have bigger rooms so that's nice. Treehouse sounds like fun!

SSRMap1.jpg
Here is the map I was using. But yes, you're right. On Disney's site they do not list building numbers. So confusing :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I prefer OKW but I"m perfectly happy booking SSR when it's not available! The pros of both resorts, the proximity to DTD which we love! Con's of any resort compared to OKW, the size, we travel 6-8 people and at that level, living space makes a big difference!

we are going with my 14yr old stepson who spends his life on his Xbox & thought that if he was having withdrawals from gaming then disney quest is close by :thumbsup2

My son and his entourage (3 best buds since pre-K) loved Disney Quest at 9 and 10 years of age and after that they no longer wanted to go! If he's never been before he may enjoy it as something new! Having gone myself, it's a lot more fun if you're with a friend or even better a group!

It's been a few years since I went with my own children so you might be right,at 14 there might not be much there that interests him. So, it's even more important I choose the right area on SSR :) . Thanks again to you all for aa your feedback :love:

We have stayed at both:
Pros for OKW- lovely big rooms and I like the hard floors. Big balconies.
- sleeper chair in 1-beds

Pros for SSR- beautiful resort with lots of pathways and walking access to DTD (most of OKW is gold course so although it looks nice you can't walk around a lot of it)
-fantastic pools
-good QS food options at both Artists Pallett and the Paddocks pool
-relaxed feel
- several places to fill up mugs

We much prefer SSR, so much so that we added on there recently but at the minute we have to book OKW due to needing the sleeper-chair and lower points. Knowing that OKW is my destination always takes a little gloss off my trip and I will be happier when I can stay at SSR again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter