Low-carb breakfast

lowe@massed.net

Mouseketeer
Where can I get a good protein and veggie breakfast without the carb-laden sides (toast, home-fries, patries, etc.)??

At any of the buffets - just skip the items that don't fit your plan.

I often order an omelet at the sit-down breakfast restaurants and either give the "extras" to the other members of my party (usually DH) or I just ask the waiter/waitress not to bring them out. Sometimes they offer to add extra veggies as a substitute. That's nice, but it happens more often at lunch or dinner.

For something faster, I also bring my own high-fiber cereal & unsweetened soy milk, protein shakes, cheese and nuts, but we stay usually at one of the DVC resorts and so have a refrigerator.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the great suggestions, Carol. I will be staying at BWV, so I plan to make a grocery stop on the way in from the airport to stock up on cheese, canned fish, cucumbers, etc. to tide me over.

If you're on the go in the morning, hitting up the Extra Magic Hour parks, then you might want to pack an Atkins Morning Start bar and a bottle of water. Every Wednesday, I have to get my daughter on the bus by 7:30 am and head off to school by 8:10. I eat my breakfast in the car and those Atkins bars save me some time, while watching the carbs.

Boma! Our whole crew eats low carb and we ate here several times w/o problems.

Great omlettes and other fare as well.

an offproperty idea is the Shoney's Breakfast Bar.
They're on Vineland-Apopka Road. That's just down the road from the Crossroads Shopping Center.

Will be doing that myself in about 3 weeks!!!
Enjoy!

"Pix" :earsgirl:

My favorite is the Eggs Benedict at Kona Cafe - just have them take out the English muffin! So, basically it's Canadian bacon, eggs, and holondaise sauce! Yummy! Get that with a great cup of Kona coffee, and I'm a happy camper (so to speak)! :hyper:

My plan is a protein shake in the morning to get me out the door and then lunch when I'm hungry. I bought one of those tupperware shakers to blend my shake in. I can't take soy, so all those premade ones are out.

Cup of skim milk
1/2 cup of plain yogurt
scoop of whey protein powder (chocolate)
splash of strong coffee
ice cubes

If it turns out we have a blender, then I can add a banana or some strawberries and omit the coffee. I'm bringing some homemade cashew butter too. Some of that spread on a whole wheat english muffin is awesome.

For dinners, however, all bets are off. Once it's nighttime my "no white carbs" rule goes out the window. Hey, it's vacation! :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter