low carb treats at WDW

dez1978

DIS Veteran
Hello! I am looking for some low carb treat options in the park. Our trip next week falls right before wrestling districts for my kids, and these last 3 tournaments are the only ones we have to "make weight" for. Meaning what weight class they have been registered as, ther is no overage allowance. Of course they want to stay in the class they've wrestled in all season and as usual are within a pound of the max weight. So in these cases we do low carb for a few days to keep them where they want to be. At home, it's pretty easy. We have low carb ice cream and bread and there aren't so many treats in your face. Disney tho, I know they will want some stuff because it's everywhere. I just wondered if anyone knew of some treats kids would like that were lower carb options. Like sugar free candy or ice cream. I know Goofy's has some sugar free chocolates.

I love to watch them wrestle but I hate this part of it. Fortunately, the rest of the season, youth tournaments you can rebracket for a fee at weigh ins so we don't worry too much.

Bring your own. Disney doesn't really do anything low carb and treats are definatly not low carb that we found. Meal wise we could manage, but outside of that I was happy we brought our own.

Some of the ice cream stands have no sugar added strawberry bars, but there would still be carbs. Would splitting something be an option that would work for them? We're a family of 4 and order two dole whips to share.

There are two I remember.

The ice cream kiosk in DHS near Tower of Terror has sugar free ice cream.

The Confectionery on Main Street has sugar free chocolate bars in the back.

I've enjoyed both of these while at WDW and stayed in Ketosis.

As one poster said about bring your own snacks. I am a diabetic and watch my carb intake religiously. As for snacks bring your own to the parks. Meals you can manage pretty well. This is DL experience talking but I am sure it applies to WDW as well.

One of the highest carb things they have. The brine they use is loaded with sugar
Not true -
. Here are the Disney turkey leg nutrition facts:
  • 1,093 calories
  • 54 grams of fat
  • 15 grams of saturated fat
  • 5,284 milligrams of sodium
Certainly not a healthy snack but ice cream, donuts, candy and almost any other snack at Disney has more CARBS than a Turkey leg even if brined in sugar

1,093 calories
  • 54 grams of fat
  • 15 grams of saturated fat
  • 5,284 milligrams of sodium
Certainly not a healthy snack but ice cream, donuts, candy and almost any other snack at Disney has more CARBS than a Turkey leg even if brined in sugar
You still fail to post the carbs. Every person who is eating low carb needs to make their own decision about their health and what is right for them. As a former CM at DL who worked in Outdoor Vending when I first started I know the brine had a lot of sugar in it. For me if I was choosing I would not touch it. Secondly I never once said that the snacks listed above were better for you than the Turkey leg. I DID suggest the OP bring their own snacks. Just trying to help them be successful in their journey as someone who is very well informed in counting carbs hence why I lost 65 pounds in the last year.

You still fail to post the carbs. Every person who is eating low carb needs to make their own decision about their health and what is right for them. As a former CM at DL who worked in Outdoor Vending when I first started I know the brine had a lot of sugar in it. For me if I was choosing I would not touch it. Secondly I never once said that the snacks listed above were better for you than the Turkey leg. I DID suggest the OP bring their own snacks. Just trying to help them be successful in their journey as someone who is very well informed in counting carbs hence why I lost 65 pounds in the last year.
According to Livestrong.com a turkey leg at Disneyland: "If you're following a low-carb diet, you'll be pleased to learn that there are no carbohydrates in a smoked turkey leg. However, you'll more than meet your protein requirement for the next several days, as this theme-park treat serves up 152 grams of protein per 1-pound serving."

According to Livestrong.com a turkey leg at Disneyland: "If you're following a low-carb diet, you'll be pleased to learn that there are no carbohydrates in a smoked turkey leg. However, you'll more than meet your protein requirement for the next several days, as this theme-park treat serves up 152 grams of protein per 1-pound serving."
According to themeparkprofessor.com:
Turkey Leg (Food Carts & Tortuga Tavern): This is a trap! The turkey legs are brined in brown sugar and are NOT KETO-FRIENDLY. If you are on “dirty keto” this is still an option for you. But, keep in mind… there is sugar in this menu item.

We can go round and round all day. Best option bring your own snacks plain and simple.

Because there are no carbs in turkey legs!
So sugar is barely absorbed by meat, even after a full day's brining.

According to themeparkprofessor.com:
Turkey Leg (Food Carts & Tortuga Tavern): This is a trap! The turkey legs are brined in brown sugar and are NOT KETO-FRIENDLY. If you are on “dirty keto” this is still an option for you. But, keep in mind… there is sugar in this menu item.

We can go round and round all day. Best option bring your own snacks plain and simple.
Sugar is barely absorbed by meat, even after a full day's brining.
No carbs in turkey legs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter