Luau reservations definitely 30 days out?

bwbuddy5

First trips WDW MK 1972, Epcot 1982
...or am I hearing that travel agents can often make reservations earlier? Also, I noticed some availability is now showing in August 2022 (it's currently March). What's up with that?

At Aulani?

I don't think it's ever been 30 days. I booked my February lu'au in August of the prior year.

Regular dining at the resort restaurant is 30 days. The lu'au is run by a third party and they have their own booking system. If you can see availability, you can book it.

If the date you want doesn't show on the online calendar, definitely call. I just booked for the end of May (over 60 days out) over the phone when the online calendar showed the 4th as the only open date in May.

I made my reservations for July in January - I found my date on their website and booked through the Aulani website

Ka Wa'A Luau is held on Tues, Wed, Fri and Sat nights and can be booked 180 days out which is through a third party. You can book your reservation on disneyaulani.com (or call 844-284-7644 between 8-5pm HST). Reservations book quickly though!

Last edited:
September dates just opened up this evening. 9/17 is already unavailable. Crazy!
Are you sure it was ever available? It would be very unusual to sell out this far in advance, but there are times when they have breaks from their regular schedule for a night or two, or even a few weeks.

Other dining is 30 days out, but you can book the luau months in advance. It can and usually does sell out months in advance. If you don't see availability online, then call them. People have reported that they have had luck booking when calling even when it shows sold out online. And it doesn't have to be a travel agent, anyone can book months out.

Do reservations for this open at precisely 180 days like other ADRs or do they open a whole month at once? We are going in December and when we called to ask a few weeks again we were given the impression the whole month opened at once. Nothing is bookable for December though right now. Thanks!!!

Do reservations for this open at precisely 180 days like other ADRs or do they open a whole month at once? We are going in December and when we called to ask a few weeks again we were given the impression the whole month opened at once. Nothing is bookable for December though right now. Thanks!!!
For us, the entire month of October opened on April 18

For us, the entire month of October opened on April 18
Thanks! So I just need to check frequently. Does anyone know if there is a time the reservations are released like other Disney ADRs?

I agree with the Captain. I had actually called (I hate calling) about two weeks prior to April 18 and she said October would be released sometime in the next few weeks. She recommended calling back (I hate calling) rather than using the website because website reservations often take a couple of weeks before they get processed. I used the website anyway (did I mention I hate calling) and actually received confirmation and reservations within 24 hours.

Similar experience to the poster above! We booked the luau for our Seotember trip using their third party website and received the voucher via email the next day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter