luggage allowance?

Ohpair

Earning My Ears
We are off next week :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
Not that I'm too excited you understand :teeth:

Molly is 2 1/2 so we have not had to pay for her nor does she have a seat. She has just got her little rucksack out (we were getting the cases out of the loft) and wants to put all her drawing things in it to take - will she be able to take this on? (euro star) do they check your luggage? I haven't been sent any luggage tickets so I emailed the company we are going with & they said we can have 2 cases each (not Molly though)& 1 piece of hand luggage will Molly be able to take her rucksack as well - or do they really clamp down on this?

Thanks
Katy

Luggage space is very limited on Eurostar. There are racks at one end of each car, which is the only space to store large suitcases - nowhere near enough space for everyone on board.

Other storage is overhead only but only suitable for the type of bags you would have for 'carry on' on a plane.

No space between seats and no luggage allowed on the floor. I've seen a fair bit of aggro regarding this in the two trips I have taken on Eurostar to Disney.

I really doubt they'd complain about a children's rucksack. I think by "hand luggage" they don't mean little things like kids' rucksacks and handbags... they mean like a big adult-sized rucksack. Even on airlines you're allowed to take a small handbag in addition to your standard one piece of hand luggage. I'm sure Molly's rucksack will be fine!

And have a great trip!!! :flower: We're also going next week (Friday) and are very excited!

Thanks, I think I'll try it. Do they weigh your cases? (Like they do on the plane) - thinking how many pairs of shoes I can take!!.

Katy

They've never weighed our cases, you just get straight on the train with your case. We haven't used Disney Express though so I'm not sure if they would weigh your cases.

Rhiannon :wizard:

Nope, no-one weighs them - but sometimes the poor staff huff and puff and make you feel as if youve packed the kitchen sink!!
Weve always put luggage inbetween the seats where theres a triangle shaped space (like in ordinary trains) but then weve been lucky and almost everytime had a table. As these seats back onto another set there is a small gap between. We also take a large case which we put in the luggage section at each end of the carriage (try to get it as close to the top as possible - it means less baggage on top of it from other passengers) and then the boys take backpacks (their school ones) which fit above the seats in the first 'shelf' and then another longer bag that we put in the top section. When full this one measures about 34" long x 30" wide x 18" high and about 50" fat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter