Luggage recommendations??

Lover_of_Disney

Mouseketeer
During our previous vacations we have had horrible luck with luggage!! Our bags have been torn apart by the airlines and once our luggage was spilled out on the loading area IN THE RAIN!!!

We would like to invest in a practical luggage set. Anyone have any recommendations??

We usually pack our 35mm, digital and video cameras as well as our lap top. Our vacations are at least 10 days so we need something that offers excellent organization. We will also be traveling with a young infant for our next vacation!

All of your camera equipment and laptops should go in your carryon! Do not pack anything valuable like that in your checked luggage.

I don't know that one brand is that much better than another if you don't fly a lot.

Be sure to check the websites of the airlines you fly for baggage size restrictions. However, I have noticed that large luggage seems to be more abused than my smaller 22" Rollerboard. Maybe people just put so much in the one large piece that between the weight and the baggage handlers it just EXPLODES!

A lot of people that I travel with bought 22" rolling suitcases at Costco and have been very happy with them.

We actually do fly about once a month but we do not have an infant now and we mostly travel for weekend trips. I usually bring only a carry-on but we need something more family efficient!

Thanks!

I have been called the Queen of packing....All our luggage is Travel Pro, IMHO the best line of luggage. We have soft sided luggage more durable and can fit lots more stuff. If you look at Travel Pro luggage you will see how durable and well constructed it is. Easy to pack since there are lots of zippered compartments and has a suit/dress folder on one side. If you choose the right luggage for you, one large bag for 2 adults is all you need. We always pack carryons that have cameras, jewelery, medicines, toiletries and a change of clothing - just in case luggage is late to our destination, we have our valuables and a change of clothes.
For security reasons, you may no longer lock your checked baggage, so do not put anything of value in your checked bags, we go with carryons only as much as possible, which is much easier for us.

We have the LLbean luggage and LOVE IT! The suitcases are soft not hard, though! We haven't had a problem.... YET!

Holly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter