Luggage transfer to airport heading home?

mihtaylor

Earning My Ears
I seem to remember that Disney used to handle luggage transfers between MCO and on-property resorts. Did that end with the Magical Express?

I'm trying to figure out how to get my bags to MCO at the end of a trip without leaving them at the bell desk and having to come retrieve them on the way to the airport. We'd like to do an off-property excursion on the last day of our trip, but it's an hour east of Disney. If we left them at the resort upon checking out, we'd burn another hour heading all the way back to the resort to retrieve our bags at the end of the day, and we're running tight on time as it is.

In other cities, we’ve used services like ‘Hold My Luggage’ to hold our suitcases and deliver where needed. Maybe that could work for y’all?

The Resort Airline Check-In service was never reinstated after the Covid closure. (DME continued on for a time with guests carrying their own luggage until later being discontinued as well)

I have read about services such as Bags, Inc (the third party vendor that used to handle RAC) offering personal luggage services, but I can’t vouch for their service or if they do remote pick ups. I’m sure there are other less discussed vendors such as what the prior poster mentioned, but it’s not a question that comes up frequently around here so I don’t have much to offer in terms of advice. Perhaps someone out there with direct experience can chime in.

Hope your final day logistics work out for you!

Resort Airline Check-In is no longer offered by Disney. You can read some older threads talk about when/why this is the case. Are you renting a car? I am not clear how you plan to get to place offering that 'excursion' you mentioned. If you have rental car, you could leave your luggage in your car while on that excursion and then drive to MCO when the excursion ends.

There are some 3rd parties who now handle luggage shipping. How much it costs and the logistics of how they pick-up your luggage probably depends on which company you use. If you have to drive somewhere off-site from Disney to drop-off luggage would still need a way to get there. Likely their cost to ship is probably more than it would be for checked baggage with your airline.

Probably need to consider all of those things when planning your trip.

Checked bags free with some airlines if you have specific credit cards. Not sure what airline OP is flying or how they plan to do ground transportation.

Frontier wanted $78 to check a 40 lb bag from NY to MCO. Lugless charged around $33 to send a 50 lb bag. First time user coupon dropped it to around $23. Going I dropped it off at a local fedex office. Coming home I paid $12 fee to drop off it off at YC convention center.

I seem to remember that Disney used to handle luggage transfers between MCO and on-property resorts. Did that end with the Magical Express?

I'm trying to figure out how to get my bags to MCO at the end of a trip without leaving them at the bell desk and having to come retrieve them on the way to the airport. We'd like to do an off-property excursion on the last day of our trip, but it's an hour east of Disney. If we left them at the resort upon checking out, we'd burn another hour heading all the way back to the resort to retrieve our bags at the end of the day, and we're running tight on time as it is.

Easy ... Use your 2nd last day for your off -property excursion

And your Last day explore Disney area before going to Airport

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter