Lurking No More!

cabmom

DIS Cast Member<br><font color="blue">The Tag Fair
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I've been lurking for about a year and have only posted once before.
I've booked an FTP at ASMo for Sept 28th to Oct 5th thru DreamsUnlimited. We are flying from Buffalo on SWA. It was an awesome deal that we couldn't pass up. I've also reserved a Minivan for $209/wk from Dollar with a code from Mousesavers. We are Marilynn, Robin, 3 boys, Connor 7, Aaron 5 and Brett 3. We've been to Florida many times as my in-laws live in St. Petes.
We live 50 mins, north-east of Toronto.
So hello all looking forward to chatting with everyone!:cool:
Can't wait til our next magical trip!

Hi fellow Canadian - thanx for coming out of the closet. :)

I admire you driving to Buffalo to fly - I just do the Toronto thing, have fun planning and have a GREAT vacation!

>>^..^<<

Far to expensive for us all to fly from Toronto, after adding all the taxes!:rolleyes:

Hi you are right - the taxes are insane!

My ex is a travel agent and he occasionally gets sell offs - air only to Florida at 99.00 but the taxes on that are 110.00+ LOL

>>^..^<<

Welcome! I'm thinking of flying out of Buffalo next time ... I don't have enough Air Miles for a ticket. I guess it will depend if I can get a ticket through Aeroplan :) My boyfriend was a little hesitant to leave from Buffalo but I pointed out that with the money we save we could go to Discovery Cove :p

We paid $700 US for all 5 of us with SWA. We are going to stay over the night before and leave the van at the hotel for the week. We got direct flights as well which was a bonus.:D

Hey Cabmom. Sounds like you've done a great job planning so far. Do you have any ideas about where you want to eat?

Welcome Marilynn...glad you decided to "join us". We're a fun bunch. ;) :) :) Happy posting :).

We're staying at ASMO as well, maybe we'll run into each other in the lobby as we'll be arriving as you're leaving. We'll be the super crazed people with the 4 yr old who will probably be speachless! Did you request a certain section and did you request a cot as I think I read there were 5 in your room right?:bounce: :Pinkbounc

We haven't requested a cot as of yet, however we probably will as it gets closer. We also would like a fridge in our room.
Thanks for the welcome!!! You all do sound like a fun bunch meeting up here and there!!!:D
I'm also in to scrapbooking when I get some time. I work full time and have 3 young sons, so my time is limited to when they go to bed.:bounce:

Welcome to the Canuck Boards cabmom!:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

I think you'll really enjoy all these super nice people here and boy will you get some good information for any and all upcoming WDW trips!;) :)

Welcome cabmom! I'm also flying with SWA from Buffalo. I'd heard such good things about SWA and couldn't resist the great price either.

My Dh is dropping me off at an airport hotel the night before ~ I'm going solo this trip. Be sure to wear your lime green ribbon as there are several of us who will be down at the same time as you.

Have fun planning your trip with us, here on the DIS! :)

Welcome to the Canadian Visitors Forum, Marilyn. :) We're glad you've decided to come out and "chat" with us! :)

HI Marilyn - welcome, this is a great group...hmm 50 minutes northeast of TO...does that put you around Peterborough?! In Nov we are taking the Disney Cruise and the four of us will fly out of Buffalo....I'm going crazy waiting for Southwest to bring out their Nov schedule! We'll be driving down and keeping our car at the hotel as well...What hotel are you staying in the night before? I'm still investigating that part of the trip! Happy Planning!

We actually live in town called Uxbridge.
I'm still searching the internet to find a deal on a hotel for the night before the flight. Exitguide is a good source, but I don't believe you can book ahead. I found a rate for the Days Inn by the airport for $79 US and that's the park and fly rate. I'll let you know if I find any good deals.:D

I know where Uxbridge is!!!!!! I grew up in Unionville and we always went to Ux, to a place for camping.
I also thought it was Peterborough, we've got alot of Dis here in Peterborough.

WELCOME!

Marilyn, my Mom and Dad grew up in Uxbridge and were married there at the United Church! I grew up in Peterborough, but spent an awful lot of time visiting my Great Aunt in Uxbridge...there is a street named after her....Linton Court! :D

Interesting that people know where I am. I was born and raised here, moved away after college, married, lived in Aurora, just moved back a year ago. We bought what was my grandparents and parents house. It's been in the family for 40 yrs now!!!:D We own a century home right in down town. It's great being home again!:Pinkbounc

What is exitguide? We plan on flying Jetblue out of Syracuse, so if you have a resource that would help me find a hotel there ( with park and fly option also) that would be great.

Hey, I also lived in Aurora!

but I guess I've lived just about everywhere around Toronto, 36 years in Canada and 14 houses!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter