~ Luv4mylittleones ~ 12/17/07 WP/Gardenview/1900 PF/Morocco

You bags are sooo soo cute! And congrats on the dessert party! yayay!

Any new purchases or updates (hint hint)? :cool1:

Maggie

Hi Diane, I have a question.....I saw your cute little white bag for your wedding with the Mickeys on it on another thread but cant find it. I love it and would love to get one...where did you find it? thanks so much!

LOVE your PJ!!! Your gift bags are awesome, and I love the hot sauce idea! Congrats on booking the DP!

Thank you...we are really excited about the DP!! :banana: :cool1: :banana:

Hi Diane, I have a question.....I saw your cute little white bag for your wedding with the Mickeys on it on another thread but cant find it. I love it and would love to get one...where did you find it? thanks so much!

Actually, I ordered it through Rosie at Disney Floral. She suggested it and sent me a picture...of course I fell in love with it right away! :love:

Any new purchases or updates (hint hint)?

Why yes...;) Here ya go! :goodvibes

So ...Juliana suggested moving the Grooms Cake to the Rehearsal/Welcome dinner fearing that the DP would be too dark and Joe wouldn't have the oppurtunity to fully enjoy it. She was also afraid of ashes landing on the cake and informed me that Epcot also would not less us take any leftover cake with us...sooo...we agreed Ohana's would be a better location for the cake. That being said, I still had no idea how I was going to present Joe with his tickets...until I found this!

M-BoxSeahawks.jpg

It's a beautiful mohagany seattle seahawks jewelry box!! I purchased it right away and I can't wait to give it to him. I know he's going to look at it and love it, but boy will he be surprised when he opens it up to find the BIG surprise!! :cool1: I also bought another tiara this weekend (yes, I'm now a two tiara bride...I'll explain later) and my veil.

Those bags are adorable. I want one too..lolol!

side note: why can't you take home left over cake from epcot--if your paying for the cake???

oh my gosh - some of you guys are SO talented!!! just wait until JJ and I open our embroidery business in March - then I can offer some of our talents here also! :rotfl: did any of you think of getting together and starting a Disboards wedding craft company???? seriously, awesome stuff!!

that being said, can you tell I LOVE the shirts and bags??!! :laughing: and Diane, Joe is SO going to love that jewelry box - great idea kiddo!!

Michelle :cloud9:

Thank you...we are really excited about the DP!! :banana: :cool1: :banana:

Actually, I ordered it through Rosie at Disney Floral. She suggested it and sent me a picture...of course I fell in love with it right away! :love:

Why yes...;) Here ya go! :goodvibes

So ...Juliana suggested moving the Grooms Cake to the Rehearsal/Welcome dinner fearing that the DP would be too dark and Joe wouldn't have the oppurtunity to fully enjoy it. She was also afraid of ashes landing on the cake and informed me that Epcot also would not less us take any leftover cake with us...sooo...we agreed Ohana's would be a better location for the cake. That being said, I still had no idea how I was going to present Joe with his tickets...until I found this!

M-BoxSeahawks.jpg

It's a beautiful mohagany seattle seahawks jewelry box!! I purchased it right away and I can't wait to give it to him. I know he's going to look at it and love it, but boy will he be surprised when he opens it up to find the BIG surprise!! :cool1: I also bought another tiara this weekend (yes, I'm now a two tiara bride...I'll explain later) and my veil. Those pics are coming but for now...here's a picture of t-shirts and the bags I've been making for the kiddos...

mickeyshirts.jpg

kidsbags.jpg

I really like the way they turned out and I just know the kids are going to love them! This is fun!! :goodvibes

Diane, these are fantastic, you are putting the rest of us to shame lol

I love the kids shirts. They are adorable.

I am so happy you got your dessert party! My fiance needed a little convincing too, but once I explained what it was he was all for it. We ended up cutting our night at the Grand Floridian to help pay for it and I think it will be much more memorable then a slightly fancier hotel room we will hardly even spend time in!

Thanks guys!! I'm so happy with the way everything turned out...I'm almost done with all the big stuff. Recently, I've been working on my welcome letters (which is currently 7 pages long...hahaha) and my programs. I need to shop around for some nice paper to print them on now. It's weird because now I'm actually searching for stuff to make and do...lol! I'm going to end up spending a fortune because I just can't stop! And if that weren't enough, I just found out the university screwed me on financial aid so I won't be taking as many classes as I thought so I'll have plenty of time these next 5 months to come up with projects and shop...teehee...DF is going to just love that! :rolleyes1

Ugh...why do I do this to myself? Here's the dilemma...

My Best Friend (Who can't attend the wedding...*tear*) asked if I wanted to use her tiara and veil as my something borrowed. I told her yes!! I couldn't think of anything more perfect since she couldn't be there with me and I remember the tiara being stunningly beautiful. Well...what I forgot was, my BF wore ivory, therefore her veil was ivory and her tiara was yellow gold...ugh! Clearly, I can't wear the ivory veil so I purchased a white one (which I hate, but that's another story). I tried the tiara on and it's gorgeous...at least on. It is a little beat up and is missing a crystal but it look so beautiful on...very Breakfast at Tiffany's...but it's gold (and the pearls are ivory)! My dress has white pearls and crystals and my jewelry is all silver or white gold so I just don't think the tiara would work, even though it's stunning on and doesn't look TOO gold with all the crystals. Anyway...on a whim, I purchased a very inexpensive silver tiara from ebay with pearls and crystals and a swirl pattern that matches my dress. I didn't expect to like it, but I do. It look very pretty on but it dosen't fit well like my friends expensive tiara and most importantly...it's not my best friends tiara!!! I don't know what to do...Here's a few (blurry) pics below...what do you think?

tiara3.jpg

#1 My Friend's:
tiara2.jpg

#2 The ebay one:
tiara1.jpg

*edited to add dress and jewelry for comparison*

6ce28ccc-04df-47e2-a314-bccf57d3ced.jpg
1090593460210704WL.jpg

You are correct about your friend's tiara being very beautiful. I wouldn't worry about the color of the pearls so much, but after going back and looking at your dress, I would say the silver one will definately go better with your gown. If you decide to go with your friend's though, the missing crystals can be replaced. Good luck in your decision !

Diane, the bags are so pretty! you've gotten so much done already.

Michelle- glad your df got his tux!

I thought I should share w/ you ladies- My df will wear a seersucker suit that we got on sale in Macy's. Originally it was $400 all together, but we got it for $120 on sale!!! the 2 other gm's got them as well. Carolyn Allen's said they would steam them each for $15- so we can just fold them in the luggage and not even worry about them getting wrinkled- yaye!

Love your idea for the suits! I think we're planning to do the same..instead of paying a forture to RENT them...might as well buy a suit so they can KEEP it! Love it! :)

well, Diana, as much as I like the eBay tiara - I would say wear your girlfriend's instead. It becomes your something "borrowed", it represents her as sadly she cannot be there and while the color might not match exactly, I think in the end you will be thrilled that you chose to wear it ... oh yes, LOVE the new signature photos! :goodvibes

What a dilemma. I have to say that if it were me I would go with the silver one that matches your dress. Mainly because if it doesn't match, then you will be mismatched in all of the photos. And seeing as you knew this right away, I assume that other people may notice this as well, you may be uncomfortable, etc. SO is there anything else that she can give as something borrowed? Maybe a ring or bracelet that you can wear on your right hand? I realize that the tiara will be more sentimental, but hopefully there are other options.

If not, then wearing your BF's tiara I assure you will not be horrible. If people ask, then you have a really cute and sentimental story to tell them about how the tiara was your BF's and it was her way of being their on your special day:thumbsup2

well, Diana, as much as I like the eBay tiara - I would say wear your girlfriend's instead. It becomes your something "borrowed", it represents her as sadly she cannot be there and while the color might not match exactly, I think in the end you will be thrilled that you chose to wear it ... oh yes, LOVE the new signature photos! :goodvibes

Thank you! :goodvibes Those pictures are from like two years ago but we haven't been back since. :( The kids are really looking forward to another trip to Disney!

And you're right...it is my best friends and it means a lot to me. Not to mention that I haven't even tried the tiara (either one) on with the dress yet so once it get's here I'll give it a go...maybe it won't look so bad after all.

You are correct about your friend's tiara being very beautiful. I wouldn't worry about the color of the pearls so much, but after going back and looking at your dress, I would say the silver one will definately go better with your gown. If you decide to go with your friend's though, the missing crystals can be replaced. Good luck in your decision !

Yeah...I loved the swirl design in the silver tiara...it really went well with the design in my gown. *Sigh*

What a dilemma. I have to say that if it were me I would go with the silver one that matches your dress. Mainly because if it doesn't match, then you will be mismatched in all of the photos. And seeing as you knew this right away, I assume that other people may notice this as well, you may be uncomfortable, etc. SO is there anything else that she can give as something borrowed? Maybe a ring or bracelet that you can wear on your right hand? I realize that the tiara will be more sentimental, but hopefully there are other options.

If not, then wearing your BF's tiara I assure you will not be horrible. If people ask, then you have a really cute and sentimental story to tell them about how the tiara was your BF's and it was her way of being their on your special day:thumbsup2

Thanks! I never even thought about asking if there was something else I could "borrow"...we were both so excited about the tiara. What a decision! lol! Isn't it funny the things we stress over? DF would laugh at me right now! :laughing:

Ugh...why do I do this to myself? Here's the dilemma...

My Best Friend (Who can't attend the wedding...*tear*) asked if I wanted to use her tiara and veil as my something borrowed. I told her yes!! I couldn't think of anything more perfect since she couldn't be there with me and I remember the tiara being stunningly beautiful. Well...what I forgot was, my BF wore ivory, therefore her veil was ivory and her tiara was yellow gold...ugh! Clearly, I can't wear the ivory veil so I purchased a white one (which I hate, but that's another story). I tried the tiara on and it's gorgeous...at least on. It is a little beat up and is missing a crystal but it look so beautiful on...very Breakfast at Tiffany's...but it's gold (and the pearls are ivory)! My dress has white pearls and crystals and my jewelry is all silver or white gold so I just don't think the tiara would work, even though it's stunning on and doesn't look TOO gold with all the crystals. Anyway...on a whim, I purchased a very inexpensive silver tiara from ebay with pearls and crystals and a swirl pattern that matches my dress. I didn't expect to like it, but I do. It look very pretty on but it dosen't fit well like my friends expensive tiara and most importantly...it's not my best friends tiara!!! I don't know what to do...Here's a few (blurry) pics below...what do you think?

tiara3.jpg

#1 My Friend's:
tiara2.jpg

#2 The ebay one:
tiara1.jpg

*edited to add dress and jewelry for comparison*

6ce28ccc-04df-47e2-a314-bccf57d3ced.jpg
1090593460210704WL.jpg

Diane I would honestly talk to her and explain you dilema. Tell her you would love to have your "something borrowed" from her and that you love the tiara but you are concerned about the color. I know that wouldn't offend me at all. GL with your decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter