LuvLuvLuv's Memories TR Starts Pg 73 - Honeymoon Day 6.1

Congrats on your wedding good luck with everything.. My vote is baby not that it means anything but i don't think Disney is going anywhere! (at least I hope not!

I'm sorry that you're going through this difficult decision. I guess the best thing I can say is you have to decide what's the most important thing to you. If that's becoming a mother than do what you need to do and the rest will fall in place. You can always do an escape or memories wedding soon and than do a vow renewal in a big way and can have your baby as the ring bearer or flower girl, which IMHO would be sooo cute. I pray that everything will work out for the best for you. :goodvibes

You`re in a tough place!

But if it were me...I would say....a wedding is a pretty dress and a signed piece of paper and a time for people to gather and rally for the two of you. You feel beautiful and say special words and then it`s over and you continue on.

And really, you can have a baby and then have the pretty dress and the signed piece of paper and the time for people to gather and rally for the two of you. You can still feel beautiful and say special words and you continue on.

I guess the point is that the wedding will be over. Growing your family is a continuous thing...

And you CAN lose the baby weight. And who cares what people think? I suppose we're all taking a chance, I mean, I irrationally worry about not being able to conceive (no problems leading to that worry). In the end, I'm marrying the man I want to spend the rest of my life with, kids or no kids. He's my best friend. But we both want the kids. So if we got your type of news, we'd postpone the wedding in order to try to make our lives a little more the way we want it to be for the years to come.

Not an easy decision though. Good luck!:hug:

Hi! I'm following your PJ now, yay!

What a decision you've got on your hands! For what its worth, my vote is baby :) But I may be a bit biased, as we have 2 :rotfl:We did things a bit backwards (not even for medical reasons!) and are now planning our wedding for next year :) Baby weight does come off, most of it pretty easy if you're healthy during the pregnancy :D A couple things to also consider, I'm kinda weird in this I think but I'm pretty crazy attached to my girls, the main reason we're waiting another year is because I'm not comfortable leaving them at nights yet (they are 18 months and 33 months old), and frankly we both miss them when we're away from more than several hours. Disney World makes it perfect because we can honeymoon there and still see the kids at times, but have some of that romantic "make a good try for a boy" time :D Anyway, just some stuff to consider that I never would have thought of LOL.
Ooh, or you could always do both, a much sooner Memories wedding and Honeymoon = make a baby :D

My vote is for baby, your wedding is always going to be there. You can always have an Escape or Memories wedding soon and while trying for the baby or if you don't mind, many brides have a full out wedding while being preggos.

I vote for dress 4!:thumbsup2

I feel like you are my long lost twin!

And I think the 1st Maggie pic you have is stunning!

Yay I have a twin!! Thanks for understanding and the support!! I LOVE the first one too... I just have to make sure my shortness looks okay with it.

Congrats on your wedding good luck with everything.. My vote is baby not that it means anything but i don't think Disney is going anywhere! (at least I hope not!

That's pretty much what all of our friends are saying too!! Thanks!!

I'm sorry that you're going through this difficult decision. I guess the best thing I can say is you have to decide what's the most important thing to you. If that's becoming a mother than do what you need to do and the rest will fall in place. You can always do an escape or memories wedding soon and than do a vow renewal in a big way and can have your baby as the ring bearer or flower girl, which IMHO would be sooo cute. I pray that everything will work out for the best for you. :goodvibes

Lol, I already have Zander/Zoey listed in the wedding party as of this weekend, lol!!

You`re in a tough place!

And you CAN lose the baby weight. And who cares what people think? I suppose we're all taking a chance, I mean, I irrationally worry about not being able to conceive (no problems leading to that worry). In the end, I'm marrying the man I want to spend the rest of my life with, kids or no kids. He's my best friend. But we both want the kids. So if we got your type of news, we'd postpone the wedding in order to try to make our lives a little more the way we want it to be for the years to come.

Not an easy decision though. Good luck!:hug:

Very true... we are going to continue planning for the end of 2012 and if we are lucky enough to add in a Zoey or a Zander (or both :lmao:) then we'll see what we have to do from there!

Hi! I'm following your PJ now, yay!

What a decision you've got on your hands! For what its worth, my vote is baby :)

Thanks for joining in!! I like the baby vote!! And if a baby happens, you may have joined in on the longest running PJ ever, lol!!

My vote is for baby, your wedding is always going to be there. You can always have an Escape or Memories wedding soon and while trying for the baby or if you don't mind, many brides have a full out wedding while being preggos.

I vote for dress 4!:thumbsup2

Yay for dress 4... I know I can wear that being short!!
.... and yay for baby!!

---------------------------------------

So here's what we talked about this weekend:

Continue to plan and act as if we're shooting for the end of 2012... probably November 5, 2012.

If we need to back it up... we'll go to April 22, 2013 which is our 5 year anniversary and a week away from my 30th birthday (double celebration).

And I'm filling the prescriptions this week and we shall see what happens. :cutie:

So now I'm bouncing between picking out invitations and strollers, lol... freeze dried petals... then playards.

I also can't express how much I appreciate all of you, your opinions and your support. A lot of my friends are younger and aren't in the "running out of time" frame of mind--nor the marriage frame of mind. My other friends are already married with kids and I have no happy medium of someone to turn to for an unbiased opinion. I'm lucky to have all of you in my life :hug:

Oh man I'm a crazy stroller junkie/diaper bag junkie. Check out Ju-Ju-Be for diaper bags, they have a fab forum as well, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Baby Planet Deluxe stroller! It seriously had everything I wanted for less than the competition :D

I'm just catching up...it seems like you have a lot on you rmind :hug:

My thoughts are.. you can always have a wedding sometime down the road, if now is the only time for baby - then I would do everything you could to have one while you can if you really want it and are ready! Everything else will fall into place as far as wedding plans and budgeting - you still have a lot of time to adjust your plans.

Plus...since you aren't looking until the end of 2012 (my wedding month twin :goodvibes) you could have a cute lil flower girl or ring bearer in time for the wedding!

Plus...since you aren't looking until the end of 2012 (my wedding month twin :goodvibes) you could have a cute lil flower girl or ring bearer in time for the wedding!

Yeah... I keep forgetting that I have some time :) It feels like it's right around the corner! I'm glad you're my twin, lol. I told Dave that we should try really hard to keep it in November 2012 so we can stay a week and stalk your wedding :) Our site visit at the same time, planning sessions will be about the same time... I'm going to try to go to an open house next year... Twins :)

I have a couple things to update... but no pictures because I'm at work.

1. Although I said I was growing my hair out... I got it all chopped off Tuesday night. I had a talk with my hair stylist and we agreed my last run with platinum blonde really made it angry :( So we took it from about 3 or 4 inches past my shoulders up to a short angled bob with bangs. It was the right thing to do, and I know it will look much better growing in healthy.

[i will insert picture here]
2f1db5ba.jpg

2. DF and I originally talked about me making the Save the Dates, Invites, etc etc etc. Then I got to thinking if we throw a baby in the mix that the DIY projects I would love to take on, would not be a reality. So I started looking around and found some really decent priced ones on VistaPrint. They're clean, simple and our colors. So I got home and told him that I found some I liked... and he's like ughhh I thought you were gonna do it yourself, blah blah blah. After he got done whining, I showed him and he loved them, lol. I told him to stick with me and he'd be okay :rotfl2: The design is rather simple and doesn't look exactly wedding like, but the people we're inviting wouldn't care if we just sent them a text message of where to show up. It's all friends and family that we're closest to, so I'm not going to go all formal on this. Funny how I always dreamed of the giant card with the bows and crystals, etc... and I'm basically going to send them a postcard, lol!! Funny how none of that matters when you find your "one".

[insert picture here]
invite.jpg

3. I called the bridal store that carries Maggie Sottero in our area. There is a Maggie trunk show in 2 weeks that I'm going to, but I thought I'd ask if they had any of the ones I liked in house to try on. (If you check my previous posts I had 4 of them... but I don't like the 3rd one anymore) They have 2 of my 3 loves in stock. So I wanted to go try those on before the trunk show so I can have a little more attention with them without the hustle and bustle of a busy trunk show. They have the 1st and the 4th one there. DF loves the 4th one--and I also feel like it's very Yacht Club. BUT... the first one is my princess fairy tale dress :)

My next concern is their sample size is 10 :eek: Uh oh. So I called and they actually have a 10 and an 18 in the first dress... but only a 10 in the 4th one. They assured me I'd be fine to at least get an idea. I went rummaging through my drawers because I bought a spanx-type thing for a halloween costume a few years back. It was a size or two too small, but it held me in pretty good :) So tonight I'm going up there to check it out. I told DF that I better get an idea before I get knocked up or I may be in trouble, lol!! I'm so excited to try them on I can't wait till 5pm!!

[insert several overweight pictures of me squeezed into dresses :laughing: ]
See Below :)

4. Speaking of getting knocked up :cutie: I started the first prescription today so we'll see how this goes :) I'm very excited.

5. We are settled on November 5, 2012 as of this moment.

6. DF wants to take our dog with us when we get married and have him stay in one of the new VIP suites. I think this is about rediculous, lol. Someone here can watch him for near free... and he wants him to stay in a suite with a tv?? Lol, I love the little guy just as much, but he cries in the car all the time and I will LOSE my mind if he cries for 12 hours. I guess I never introduced Baxter in here. How rude of me. Meet our sweet little boy:

[insert funny Baxter pictures here]
192d056d.jpg

d3b00523.jpg

3924f5d6.jpg

379b409e.jpg

Okay, I guess I should get some work done. I can't wait to insert all of the pictures :) Yay!! 34 days until WDW!! :woohoo:

Can't wait to hear about your dress shopping adventures!!

We have a fur baby too, everyone keeps asking me if he will be ou ring bearer. As much as I love him I just don't want to have to worry about traveling with him and him freaking out on a plane! Instead I'll have a picture of him in a locket on my bouquet.

Well I didn't get home last night until 11pm... then I passed out. Dress shopping went AMAZING and I couldn't wait to talk about it!! So here I am!

Here's a little background on how the day went:

I work in downtown Cincinnati, which is 10 miles from my home in Florence, Ky (grab a map if you have questions about this, lol) Unfortunately traffic can make that 10 mile drive 35 minutes or longer. So I got home at 5:30, grabbed some spanx-type thing I bought for a skimpy halloween costume a few years back, threw on some makeup the way I think it will probably look and ran out the door to grab my friend and go.

(I did the same makeup look last Saturday for work and took pix)

[insert makeup pix here]
1e69b62d.jpg

e5817d56.jpg

04c9d86f.jpg

1944eeb8.jpg

5474c2fb.jpg

So the friend I took was surprisingly not one of my very best friends, not my probable MOH, not a family member... but a good friend and co-worker that is around my age, has the same goals as me, has curves like me and has always seen eye to eye with me. She expressed interest in going and it just felt right. This was the best decision ever. We had the best time and she was 100% honest, helpful and supportive.

We hit about 45 minutes in traffic getting to the shop. Although I live a few minutes outside of Cincinnati it's cut into different parts... and I am West Side stupid. I didn't realize that 12 miles outside of downtown was going to take half my night getting there. So we arrive to bridal row. That's what they call it because it is an entire street of bridal shops, accessory shops and alterations shops. I may shop around in the others for accessories, but Bridal and Formal is the only store that carries Maggie Sottero around here. As we're walking past the employee parking, there's a mini van with 4 Disney World decals on it... I told my friend, "we're gonna be just fine here." :wizard:

So we go in, it's huge! We sign in and get assigned a sales person. We were given a spot on a rack and were told to choose 7 dresses. They walked us through the dress floor and it was all separated by designer. Score... show me the Maggie's. So I got my list out of what I wanted to try, lol! They had 5 of the 10 I was looking for... and I considered that pretty good. I also grabbed 2 others that looked nice. I had: Emily, Rachael, Hadley, Dominique, Annika Marie, Cambria, and Jesslyn (this was a Sottero and Midgley).

I wanted to try the Emily first. It's my first love and my number one that I posted before. I was told that whatever I liked, I would hate on me, lol... so I was prepared for the worst. This dress was amazing. I knew, my friend knew, the sale person knew, other sales reps stopped by---it was stunning, grabbed all the right places and I couldn't imagine this not being "it". No cameras were allowed, but my friend is sneaky and took a terrible picture of me when I wasn't looking. It at least gives you an idea....

[insert half picture of me in the best dress ever here]
3babbc41.jpg

6917da83.jpg

I proceded to try the others on... really hoping to like Rachael--but she made me look like family sized tent. I found another name for her rather than Rachael--but we won't say that here :laughing: When I put the Dominique on, we all stopped again--could this be better than Emily?? I thought it maybe was... but everyone said no. I really liked Dominique and she is my close #2--we'll keep her around.

[insert Dominique here]
dominique.jpg

The others were so meh compared to my sweet Emily. Some cut my short body off and looked awful, but that's what we were there for... to try! A lady came by with a Mickey tattoo on her ankle and I asked her if that was her van, she said no, but she was a huge fan. I told her where I was getting married and she flew out of the room, came back with 4 other employees a few seconds later and they were giddy, excited and wanted to hear all about it. I kind of felt bad for the 2 other girls in there because I had a herd of cattle around me, asking all kinds of questions! They wanted to see "the" dress.

So we put my girl E back on and they offered me a veil--I told them no... I was more of a headband or flower kind of girl. They put the prettiest, sparkliest headband I've ever seen on me and I was in heaven, then the earrings and bracelet----this is probably it. The earrings and bracelet were nice, but working at Dillard's, I can get a massive discount on jewelry. But this headband was amazing... until I looked at the price tag of $330 Yikes!! I was trying to reason with myself on it... but we'll have to wait and see.

When we were in the Jewelry department, I was starting to realize just how big this place was. It was beautiful. They had TONS of shoes, but I didn't get into that yet. Keep in mind that DF and I are a foot apart. I would like something like this:

[insert cute shoe here]
shoes.jpg

So we chatted and she got all my information set up in the computer before I left. I was on cloud 9 and soooo happy :) We begin to backtrack how we got there and realize... ummm there's no on-ramp where we got off the highway. Oh West Side--I Hate You. We drove around for about 15 minutes, it's getting dark... then we realize we both have Mapquest GPS on our iPhones. We pull into a well lighted parking lot and try to figure it out. Next thing you know that GPS lady was yelling at us and telling us where to go :) I love when they tell you off. It was about 9:15 when we finally made it home. Even though we had a house full of food, DF waited for me and asked what I was making for dinner. :lmao: Right. So we hopped in the car and went to grab a bite. We talked about money, and wedding, and dresses, and babies--and it was nice--so were my chicken fingers :cutie:

Anyway... The Maggie Trunk Show is there in 2 weeks and they are going to request the few dresses they didn't have for me to try. So here's the run down:

Tried, Liked, In the Running: Emily and Dominique

Want to Try: Cambria Marie, Monica Marie, Megan -- Geddes (Sottero and Midgely)

I'm pretty sure I know what the final answer will be... but I just want to be sure.

Thoughts are always welcome!

I'll add the pix in tonight when I get home from work!

Well this weekend marks my first official purchases :cheer2:

I keep thinking about the amazing headband they put on me that was $330. The earrings I tried on were $280 and the bracelet was $440. Lets get serious here. I was looking over my budget and thought if I could cut some corners that it may be a possibility.

So DF was engrossed in football and I decided to run out for a bit. I went to Charming Charlie to look around. If you have one of these around you... you need to run in there and buy everything :) I love that place. I will be spending a lot of time in there!! First I spotted the bracelet and I loved it. It was what I was looking for. I tried it on.. loved it... turned it over to see the price... and whoa... it was $9.95, lol---WIN! Next to the earrings. I was looking for something very long with the same small and large stones as the bracelet... and I found some I liked! I flip it over... $4.95--Double win!!

Even if these tarnish before the wedding, or I find something different... I'm only out $15. Hopefully they don't because I really like them--especially the bracelet. I cleared out my favorite jewelry box to make way for them. I got this for Christmas years ago. It was something I saw in the Disney catalog that was wayyyyyyy too expensive to ever buy. When I opened it up on Christmas day, I was so excited.. you would have thought I got a car :laughing:

c47e25c2.jpg

414560cc.jpg

1115b5e6.jpg

96f3d92b.jpg

I also saw this... not sure where I would use it... but I may come back for it.
81a3f8b2.jpg

.... and to wrap up the weekend. Here is Baxter's Halloween costume. He's Woody this year :)

baxterwoody.jpg

baxterwoody2.jpg

Well I'm one month away from our trip. I started buying a few travel items and will probably start packing this week :) I'm getting very excited!! I told Dave this would be more of a business trip, lol. We have lots of pictures to take and things to check out. In between all of our ADRs of course :) We go with the DxDDP and are hoping to try a few new places and re-visit our faves.

On our ventures this weekend... I told him to add the Canon Rebel T2i to my Christmas list and he giggled. I'm not sure why he felt this was funny :cutie: The price tag maybe? I'll keep wishing. That's all for now :wizard:

LOOVE THE JEWELRY!! and yeah, weve got Charming Charlie's everywhere here..I think they are stalking me! I always spend way too much time and money in there! Glad you made your first purchases, doesnt it feel great?

Baxter is adorable and looks like a very upstanding sherrif! soo cute!

Just started reading....congratulations on the engagement...it sounds like my life...ring on layway but wedding in full swing...with a lil shopholic spendaholic addiction...and I vote for the baby....btw I totally understand about the weight loss and the wedding and all things life...but at the end of the day...the baby will make you happy (on a side not this coming from the self fish girl who is trying not to get pregnant before april becuase I don't want to be pregnant at my wedding or too pregnant to go on a cruise in aprill 2011...and I still vote for the bambino) and I sure don't mind picking strollers over table settings...

Yay on jewelry and dresses! And your doggy is just too too cute!

I LOVED the Maggie dresses. I had my heart set on a blue one, and sometimes I still kick myself for not trying harder to get it. I went to several shops that carried maggie dresses and I looked like poo in the ones they had in stock. We live in the middle of nowhere, and it was a big ordeal to go try these on. Sadly, I gave up on the maggie idea and just went for the bargain dress that was closest to what I wanted. In the end, I loved my dress, but it could have fit better.

Anyway, I'll have to live vicariously through you.

And - twin thing again - I just had to dye my hair back to my natural black. I've spent 2 years dying it lt brown with blonde highlights to the point that it was so fried it was breaking off. So I just cut off a good 3 inches into a bob and went back to natural color too. Weird!

But your hair looks fab. Keep us updated!

Everything looks soo great. I know you want to grow your hair but I'm loving it short. And your dress is gorgeous.:lovestruc

LOOVE THE JEWELRY!! and yeah, weve got Charming Charlie's everywhere here..I think they are stalking me! I always spend way too much time and money in there! Glad you made your first purchases, doesnt it feel great?

Baxter is adorable and looks like a very upstanding sherrif! soo cute!

Our store is only about 4 months old, and I frequent on my weekend lunch breaks :) I love my purchases... now I think I've broken the seal and I'll be buying like crazy!

Just started reading....congratulations on the engagement...it sounds like my life...ring on layway but wedding in full swing...with a lil shopholic spendaholic addiction...and I vote for the baby....btw I totally understand about the weight loss and the wedding and all things life...but at the end of the day...the baby will make you happy (on a side not this coming from the self fish girl who is trying not to get pregnant before april becuase I don't want to be pregnant at my wedding or too pregnant to go on a cruise in aprill 2011...and I still vote for the bambino) and I sure don't mind picking strollers over table settings...

lol... we're working on it as fast as we can :laughing: i have my prescriptions to move things along and will have good news hopefully within 3 months!

Yay on jewelry and dresses! And your doggy is just too too cute!

Anyway, I'll have to live vicariously through you.

And - twin thing again - I just had to dye my hair back to my natural black. I've spent 2 years dying it lt brown with blonde highlights to the point that it was so fried it was breaking off. So I just cut off a good 3 inches into a bob and went back to natural color too. Weird!

But your hair looks fab. Keep us updated!

Thanks.. my doggy is so precious--such a personality! I actually am loving the short hair, and REALLY liked it with the dress and headband. Maybe I'll leave it! If worst came to worst, I could do my own makeup and hair with it being short--at least for the MK/Epcot shoot. That would save a few dollars :cutie:

Everything looks soo great. I know you want to grow your hair but I'm loving it short. And your dress is gorgeous.:lovestruc

I love it too! I think I found "my cut" - and although I'm going to try on a few more dresses... I know what the answer will be. I'm so in love with it.

This week is slow on updates. I'm working like crazy at both jobs and our poor condo needs a Mousekeeper. I don't feel that great on my first prescription either... I feel a little green :sick: I'm getting antsy about our trip, so in every spare minute I'm looking over things I want to make sure I get pictures of, questions to ask, food to try, etc etc etc. I'm having second thoughts about the Gazebo/Yachtsman and am thinking maybe WP/Napa Room. I can't make decisions to save my life. We'll just wait to make those kinds of choices till we look up close in person. For now... I'll just relax and step away from the computer :rotfl:

So as I assumed, last week was slow for updates. I have a couple things though...

*Last night we finally updated our facebook status-lol. Better late than never.

*I'm going to the Maggie Sottero trunk show this weekend to finish trying a few other options before I put some $$ on the Emily dress :cutie:

*After I'm done with the trunk show, I'm going to check a few other shops in the area that may have a cheaper headband than $330. :eek:
(that i like)

*Also! I didn't think I'd have my ring until January-ish... but I may have it sooner! He asked if I preferred to use his $ in stocks for the wedding or the ring... I'm like WHAT?? :rotfl2: The ring Sir. NOW!!! He said he thought I'd want it for the wedding... I'm like... this is part of the wedding crazy pants! I'm not sure how much we're talking about... but hopefully if it's better than we thought--we can put some money down on the bands and get that out of the way. Or I'll heist it for my dress :rotfl: I just have to keep in mind that it needs to go towards the wedding and not for a Yacht Club upgrade :laughing:

*The countdown is on. 23 days until we leave. We have messed with our ADRs and are (we think) set. I should post them so you can see how crazy we are. Maybe this week sometime.

*We had an awesome event and won a $100 store credit this weekend. I got 2 new sweater dresses I can wear to dinner on our trip... and a Jessica Simpson tank top that was basic, but I really liked it. We are going to MVMCP after Citricos our second night and I wanted to be a little dressy for some Photopass pictures. Hoping with any luck they turn out good enough to bypass E-pix. He's not a big picture person, and our place isn't that big. I have no clue what I would do with E-pix and Wedding pix. Store them in a box in the closet and never dust them :confused: I'm not saying I won't get them in the future--I'll be a full fledged bridezilla by then... but if I can get a few good ones along the way... I'd settle.

*I know I liked those Save the Dates/Invites from Vista Print... and I still do--but out of boredom, I was messing around and made the cutest Save the Dates the other day. I'll have to post the pic later... but I love them so much.

Well I think that's it!! I'll have more to say after the Maggie show this weekend!!

I hope you get your ring sooner than expected! I've had mine for almost 3 months now and I find myself staring at it all the time lol...it's definitely a nice distraction!

Vacation time is almost here!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter