LYNX bus anybody used????

zurgswife

WDW is my Shangrala...and I'm going...life is bett
Has anybody tried taking the LYNX bus from MCO to WDW.....

How long does the trip take????and was it awful or just OK????

We used the Lynx bus to get to the outlet malls on International Dr. It stopped at Sea World. E-mail the company-they were very helpful. I considered trying it from the airport but was worried about all the luggage etc. The price is certainly right. Good Luck!

THanks for the link...I had already found it but can't make heads or tails out of it......I think I'll call....

Originally posted by zurgswife
Has anybody tried taking the LYNX bus from MCO to WDW.....

How long does the trip take????and was it awful or just OK????

I wouldn't recommend it... The LYNX busses do not permit luggage larger than a backpack sized item... In addition, you'll have to transfer at Downtown... total travel time would probably be 3 hours...

Well, I emailed them about an itinerary :) My flight lands at 11 AM, so it is not too bad a schedule for some of the adults in our party :) With rental cars so high I was going to rent a minivan and send the 3 extra people in our party on this route to save $$$. I am still hoping the rental rates will come down, so we can get 2 vehicles :) It looks like I will have to email closer to our arrival to get an up to date itinerary. Anyways, here it is:

Thank you for your Lynx travel inquiry. Below, I have
outlined a trip from airport to the Transportation/Ticket Ctr. (TTC) at
Disney. This trip can be made at 30-minute intervals on Monday -
Saturday. If you are arriving after Aug. 12, there will probably be
some schedule changes involved. Once you are at the Disney, TTC, Disney
will get you to your destination on property.

*At the Orlando International Airport, make your way to the Main
Terminal, Side "A", level 1 (the ground transportation level). Lynx
buses leave there from spaces 32-33-34. Board link #51 at 11:33 a.m. .
As you board, deposit $1.10 in exact monies and ask the driver for a
"transfer". You'll arrive at the downtown Orlando Lynx terminal at
12:20 p.m. .

**At the downtown Orlando Lynx terminal, go to lane 1 (the "red" lane),
bay-letter "D". Board link #50 scheduled to depart there at 12:30 p.m.
. As you board, just give the driver your transfer. You'll arrive at
the Disney Ticket & Transportation Center (TTC) at 1:12 p.m. .

***At the Disney TTC, Disney itself has FREE transportation to ALL
Disney destinations at intervals of every twenty minutes or so. When
you arrive at the TTC, just go to the information window and tell them
which Disney destination you wish.

Basically 2 1/2 to 3 hours from the airport to your hotel (from previous posters). Using Kathy's schedule 1 hour 20 minutes to TTC then up to a 20 minute wait for resort bus than 10-15 minute drive to hotel.

If it was me I'd use Mears and try to find another way to save a few bucks on my trip.

We were going to meet them at the MK, and start our trip touring the park. I figured that by the time we check into 2 hotels (we are staying at dif resorts the first night) and get to the MK, they would be arriving. But like I said, I am hoping for car rates to drop. My other option, which I actually prefer to this one. is renting a full size car and paying for an additional driver and having a towncar service take the addtional 5 people to the resort. Works out about the same as the minivan rates :) So for us the chances we actually would use the lynx are slim, but it is still an option to look into :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter