Mackey's review of Alfredo's!!!!

Mackey Mouse

Me read the Navigator? I don't
I wanted to share with you a very happy evening we spent eating dinner at Alfredo's.

We first shared the antipasto which was very fresh and so tasty. There was 4 of us.. I had spaghetti with a meat sauce, I am sort of a purist Italian..my family had Arrosto di Agnello, which they said was quite tasty, and my son in law had some sort of pasta, I thought it was gnocchi, but I am not sure, he loved whatever he had..

This is where the happy part came in, not only was the food good, but we had entertainment. An accordian player comes out of the kitchen singing Volare and the whole place was singing. Then he sang Finiculi, Finicula, everyone was singing and twirling their napkins overhead and laughing.. the laughing was just too much. He went around to tables and took requests and was just so entertaining.

When he came to our table he asked my daughter if she was Italian....she answered a little, but my Mom really is. He asked is that you Mama....and she answered yes. About a half hour later, he was back at our table singing the Italian song "Mama" that would make any Mama cry. Thankfully he sang it faster than usual, as I would have been a weeping mess,....and one by way everytime the chorus rang out another waiter was at our table to sing Mama to me.. At one point, every waiter in the dining room was singing at our table.. I was laughing so hard I was crying....what a fun evening.

If you want good Italian food, and a fun floor show, try Alfredo's for dinner. We had one of the best times I have had in WDW at an Epcot restaurant in a while.

One more thing, you know you are old when they sing Mama to you... *sigh*

What an absolutely lovely review.

We have been trying to decide on an Epcot restaurant and I think we will be making an ADR for this one during one of our trips.

Thank you!

Great review, Marsha! I'm glad you had such a great time there. How fun!

I went back there in December after not eating there in 10 years and my Mother and I really enjoyed it. Was the spaghetti and meat sauce a special or was is something you requested? I dont remember seeing that on the menu (I would have gotten it, LOL). I'd like to try that when I got back again. :thumbsup2

We love Alfredos. I can't wait till August when we will be eating there. :banana:

Our meal there last August was good too. In addition to good food, we had a very handsome waiter (of course I don't remember his name), but I did have my picture taken with him. Every time he came around, my heart skipped a beat. My 1/2 Italian husband didn't even mind this 100% italian flirting with a man 20 years younger than her!! :goodvibes

Anna

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Did the people at the next table hit you in the head with all the napkin swinging? That's what happened to us at Alfredo's. The tables are much too close together and we will not go back.

Glad you enjoyed it! :)

I am laughing here.....no the people at the next table did not hit us swinging their napkins over their heads but my husband kept hitting my daughter in the head which made us laugh all the more..

As for the spaghetti meal, I asked for just spaghetti with sauce and they accommodated me and with no problem. Our waiter was a dynamo, I wish I could remember his name, but talked so fast and moved so fast, but we never felt rushed it was just his way.

We had cannolis for dessert and my sil and I had espresso served Italian style with the lemon rind....I think my husband and my daughter had just regular coffee....

It was a very pleasant, happy evening and actually a surprise to us as we had not been there in a while. When I was leaving I told the maitre d' that I was going to write a review of this restaurant and that I had had a wonderful evening and he thanked me. He was French....go figure!!!!!

I too loved alfredos when we went in dec. they were very accomindating with my alergy to onions. I wanted to order the shrimp pasta and the waiter said there were onions in the sauce the chef then came to our table and we decided together what he would make the sauce for me from scratch without the onions it was delicious and the wait was not long at al. My sons loved the napkin twirling and the muscians were wonderful, as was the waiter, also very cute. the tables were alittle close but who cares when yur getting great food.

We've always enjoyed Alfredo's, we've never had a bad meal or experience there. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it too! :thumbsup2

A great review for a place that we're having one of our ADRs at two weeks from tomorrow gets me even more excited about our trip.

DH and I do Alfredos every trip!

our last vacation we did it twice! i am a veggie and i wanted the gnocci- so they did a gnocci pomadoro for me-- can i tell you! it was awesome--- that is what led us to another dinner during the same stay-- i CRAVED the gnocci pomadoro and HAD to have it again! :banana:

i can still remember it-- cant wait until sept to get it again! :thumbsup2

We have adrs here for next trip. Thought about cancelling after seeing bad reviews but decided I liked the menu and the decor too much. Plus Italy is one of my favorite pavilions in Epcot. Thanks for review :)

Thanks for the wonderful review. I can from reading that you had a truly wonderful evening. We ate at Alfredo's for the first time in a long time this past December and really enjoyed the food and service . We are planning on eating there on our next trip also. :)

Let people say what they will about Alfredo's. Keeps them out of my way. ;)

We LOVE it! It's a must do for our family.

Glad you enjoyed!

Thanks for the review! We are trying Alfredo's for the first time in October.

Just wondering for people that responded and had a positive experience, what time of day where you eating? We have never seen a floor show, and would love a great experience here, as you all have written. We have eaten at alfredo's at least 5 or 6 times over the years, and sadly sometimes the food was ok, but the service was not all it could of been, or vice versa. We have already set up an adr for august, but we tend to eat early (for dinner), and wondering now if its a time thing? Maybe earlier in evening, they are more interested in turnover, and that is the rushing problem or the appearance that the wait staff are hurried, less friendly? Food precooked, and ready to serve, quickly?

Really would love a very positive experience here, any suggestions are welcome. I have read threads in the past, (less than positive) that suggested it was if you did not buy wine or appetizer, dessert, that might be what affected your experience.

Thanks for any suggestions, not trying to put down, Alfredo's, just wondering where we have went wrong. The building is truely lovely, like this type of food, doesn't bother us about close tables, try to be friendly, Help? mky princess:

I had a good time at Alfrados last week. It was my last ADR on the DDP. I was affraid I made a mistake but did'nt change the ADR being from NYC we have high standards of Italian food. Well.... we had a great time! Not the best meal of the week ( O! CANADA! ) but it was a good meal. Someone mentioned the tables being to close togetter... again, being from NYC i'm use to that! The wait staff could have been more attentive... i agree. I think they have to many tables and are dragged away to sing a lot.

My BF and I had the Alfrado. It was soooo good and sooo filling.
My BF ordered the calamari and it was OUT OF THIS WORLD.
I got the mozzarella w/ tomatoes and it was good but the calamari was amazing!
I always love good bread and olive oil dip ... i'm a sucker for bread.
Desert... my BF had the moose and had the canolie. The desert was good but not great. I was so full from the alfrado it did'nt matter.

It is interesting that this review is back up.

I posted previous to our visit that thanks to some nice reviews (which I thought balanced the negatives) we would make an ADR.

Well we did so unfortunately. It was the absolute worst meal that we have ever had on WDW property.

Truthfully if I only had the choice between Alfreodos and McDonalds the old golden arches would win out each and every time.

Moral of the story - choose wisely :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter