Madonna

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
Entire Tour postponed due to serious bacterial infection requiring intubation and
several days in ICU.

Sounds pretty serious especially at her age.

Entire Tour postponed due to serious bacterial infection requiring intubation and
several days in ICU.

Sounds pretty serious especially at her age.

Yes, ABC news said she was found in her apartment as non-responsive. That's when an ambulance was called, they intubated her, (putting in a tube down her throat for air,) and she was in ICU for four days.

She's out of ICU now. A full recovery is expected. But, we've all heard stories where these things at her age can suddenly go south again later. :( Hope she will be okay. 🙏

Last edited:
I understand why she needs to have plastic surgery at her age and to keep that youthful 20s look. I suspect a surgery complication. I do feel that somebody should’ve had a closer eye on her though. If it was a surgery complications, somebody should’ve been with her to make sure that nothing happened. I’m not saying I know she had surgery, but it really is the most likely deadly infection she acquired.

I understand why she needs to have plastic surgery at her age and to keep that youthful 20s look. I suspect a surgery complication. I do feel that somebody should’ve had a closer eye on her though. If it was a surgery complications, somebody should’ve been with her to make sure that nothing happened. I’m not saying I know she had surgery, but it really is the most likely deadly infection she acquired.

Right before her major tour you think she had plastic surgery?

Any type of infection can turn septic in a matter of hours. Sepsis can cause respiratory arrest.

She has reached that weird, awful stage of plastic surgery where she doesn't even look like herself. Not sure she "had" to do it but I hope she recovers.

Madonna reportedly had a hip replacement a couple years ago. An infection can settle in on the foreign body and become deadly. I don’t know if that’s what happened, but it’s possible.

My friend’s husband spent weeks in the icu on a ventilator when sepsis settled in where he had a knee replacement and a defibrillator. He’s lucky to be alive.

She has reached that weird, awful stage of plastic surgery where she doesn't even look like herself. Not sure she "had" to do it but I hope she recovers.
her face looks like it is about to explode from the fillers. Maybe she thinks it looks better but yuck.... give me wrinkles any day over that. She has had an amazing career, and I respect that women are under unrealistic pressure to not age normally.... but at some point the endless chase of youth just starts to become sad. Hope she recovers quickly

I really hope she is OK but my first thought was to consider if this could be a stunt to avoid the public embarrassment of a tour flop & the financial consequences of the flop.

I really hope she is OK but my first thought was to consider if this could be a stunt to avoid the public embarrassment of a tour flop & the financial consequences of the flop.
Considering venues are sold out, I’m not sure how it could be considered a flop, especially since it wasn’t supposed to kick off for a few more weeks.

I have tickets with several friends for a girls night out to see her in Philly in December. I have never seen her before, and only really like her 80s stuff, but was looking forward to a fun evening of nostalgia, friends and good entertainment. Hoping she recovers both for her, and selfishly for me.

Considering venues are sold out, I’m not sure how it could be considered a flop, especially since it wasn’t supposed to kick off for a few more weeks.

I have tickets with several friends for a girls night out to see her in Philly in December. I have never seen her before, and only really like her 80s stuff, but was looking forward to a fun evening of nostalgia, friends and good entertainment. Hoping she recovers both for her, and selfishly for me.

huh, that's odd and not what I was reading when the story broke. I am not the biggest fan so I wasn't buying. Seems lots of places say sold out and others say soft for top tier. Who knows what is true or not anymore. Odd, I can't even find the articles I read right after it happened, everything is recent now.

Suppose it will be easy enough to see when it is rescheduled.

Last edited:
Madonna reportedly had a hip replacement a couple years ago. An infection can settle in on the foreign body and become deadly. I don’t know if that’s what happened, but it’s possible.

My friend’s husband spent weeks in the icu on a ventilator when sepsis settled in where he had a knee replacement and a defibrillator. He’s lucky to be alive.
My BIL had both knees replaced several years back. One side was botched, they had to remove and re-do it. An infection set in, they couldn't beat it, now BIL has heart problems requiring surgery--that they couldn't do with a persistent infection in his leg. They amputated his leg in Jan. The heart surgery should take place this fall. But, it's been quite the journey.

Meanwhile, my brother died of sepsis in April, at age 61. He had a rough life, for sure--drug addict for decades, sometimes homeless.

But, both stories show--you just don't know how things are going to turn out. I hope for the best for Madonna (although I agree on the plastic surgery--you're in your 60's girl--OWN IT! Show your battle scars! We'll respect you all the more!)

My BIL had both knees replaced several years back. One side was botched, they had to remove and re-do it. An infection set in, they couldn't beat it, now BIL has heart problems requiring surgery--that they couldn't do with a persistent infection in his leg. They amputated his leg in Jan. The heart surgery should take place this fall. But, it's been quite the journey.

Meanwhile, my brother died of sepsis in April, at age 61. He had a rough life, for sure--drug addict for decades, sometimes homeless.

But, both stories show--you just don't know how things are going to turn out. I hope for the best for Madonna (although I agree on the plastic surgery--you're in your 60's girl--OWN IT! Show your battle scars! We'll respect you all the more!)
I’m so sorry! That’s all very sad.

I knew of a young woman who died from sepsis, who was a drug abuser. My sister, who is a nurse said this happens more than you might think with addiction.

Right before her major tour you think she had plastic surgery?

Any type of infection can turn septic in a matter of hours. Sepsis can cause respiratory arrest.
I guess I look at plastic surgery as a broad term for medical changes of one’s appearance. Like Botox and face fillers. It could take a few days maybe longer for inflammation and infection to show.
Still sorry she has to do all that. Talent is talent but sex sell’s. Most don’t dream of sex with females over 60.

Wow, with some of these replies. Sepsis can come from any type of infection, including some as mundane as a UTI.
I have had sepsis twice, two long hospital stays. I was tested for everything under the sun, no outside source was ever found.
They are now considering that a body can possibly create its own infection, with studies into conditions such as endometriosis being a culprit - which I have. Early research. And of course most comes from a specific outside source.

------------

Hopefully she recovers well.

I had a close family member get sepsis and end up in the ICU from a cat bite. This was someone who was healthy and in their early 40s. The only risk factor was that they were on a biologic medicine for psoriasis.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter