Magic band shipping

lnuss1988

Mouseketeer
When do they typically ship your magic bands? And how long does it normally take to arrive?

We are looking to surprise our kids with our trip and want to have the magic bands when we do it.

Can you order them separately? Or do they have to be ordered with your reservation?
You can do them separately. There’s a spot on your MDE page to click and you can pick them out there. There is a certain amount of time you have to order before your trip but it tells you that on the page. There’s also a discount for ordering ahead of time.

There’s also some for sale on shopdisney.

You can do them separately. There’s a spot on your MDE page to click and you can pick them out there. There is a certain amount of time you have to order before your trip but it tells you that on the page. There’s also a discount for ordering ahead of time.

There’s also some for sale on

There’s also some for sale on shopdisney.
The MDE app or the actual website?

The MDE app or the actual website?
I used the website. It looks like you can use the app too but that takes you to shopDisney, which appears to be different from where the website takes you? Not sure on that though. There were also more choices going through MDE.

So when you said separately are you meaning without having anything already booked? I already had my trip booked but just now ordered bands.

I ordered my MBs on April 19th, they shipped on the 26th, and they arrived today, May 1st. I'm in the Northeast US.

I used the website to order my bands.

I used the website. It looks like you can use the app too but that takes you to shopDisney, which appears to be different from where the website takes you? Not sure on that though. There were also more choices going through MDE.

So when you said separately are you meaning without having anything already booked? I already had my trip booked but just now ordered bands.
Yes, i thought you couldn’t buy them unless you had reservations

I ordered my MBs on April 19th, they shipped on the 26th, and they arrived today, May 1st. I'm in the Northeast US.

I used the website to order my bands.
Just to clarify--I do have a resort reservation. I ordered them in conjunction with our resort stay.

But anyone can purchase a MagicBand. It's just that if you have a resort stay, the price is discounted and they ship for free.

Just to clarify--I do have a resort reservation. I ordered them in conjunction with our resort stay.

But anyone can purchase a MagicBand. It's just that if you have a resort stay, the price is discounted and they ship for free.
Ohh that’s even better!!

Jumping on your thread here to avoid spamming up the forum with another question related to MagicBands.

Since I am residing outside of the US, and I am planning to spend the first night off-site next to Disney Springs, I was wondering if there's any shops that sell a nice variety of MagicBands (maybe the Disney 100 design, if that one's still available next year) at Disney Springs so I can pick it up before I move to my resort (DVC rental). Does anyone know?

Jumping on your thread here to avoid spamming up the forum with another question related to MagicBands.

Since I am residing outside of the US, and I am planning to spend the first night off-site next to Disney Springs, I was wondering if there's any shops that sell a nice variety of MagicBands (maybe the Disney 100 design, if that one's still available next year) at Disney Springs so I can pick it up before I move to my resort (DVC rental). Does anyone know?
I believe the Disney Pin Traders shop in the Marketplace section of Disney Springs will have the best section.

Yes, i thought you couldn’t buy them unless you had reservations
That is correct, you need to have a resort reservation to buy them at a discount under your MDE (on the actual Disney website). Also, you have to purchase all the MB's for your party at the same time. You can't order for one person, then go back later and order an additional one for a different person. They are about $10 less than what the normal cost would be. Anyone can buy MB's from ShopDisney.

That is correct, you need to have a resort reservation to buy them at a discount under your MDE (on the actual Disney website). Also, you have to purchase all the MB's for your party at the same time. You can't order for one person, then go back later and order an additional one for a different person. They are about $10 less than what the normal cost would be. Anyone can buy MB's from ShopDisney.
Just to clarify: Anyone can purchase a Magic Band. But in order to get the discount that's offered when you have a resort reservation, you need to have that resort reservation. And, yes, you have to order all the bands at the same time under those circumstances.

Just to clarify: Anyone can purchase a Magic Band. But in order to get the discount that's offered when you have a resort reservation, you need to have that resort reservation. And, yes, you have to order all the bands at the same time under those circumstances.
Guess I wasn't clear enough! 🤣

Guess I wasn't clear enough! 🤣
I think I wasn't, either!

We ordered some for a Disney cruise on 11/22/2023, shipped 11/24/2023. Last update was 12/03/2023 and they were in a city that is a 35 minute drive from our home. Two days have gone by and they say "moving through network, in transit to next facility, arriving late". Prior to that they were in a city that typically takes two days to get from their to our home, and that was way back on 11/28/2023.

I joked with my wife that the bands are having a longer vacation getting to our home than they will on the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter