Magic Bands and "Late" Check In???

kristenrice

NOT just an ambulance driver
Here's the scenario: We are staying at AKV-J in November. I already did online check-in and customized our Magic Bands. Our flight is scheduled to land at MCO at 5:30pm so I am assuming that we should be at the resort via Magical Express by 7pm. I requested the "room ready" text message, knowing that I may be still at the airport or en route when it is sent. Here's my question...Since I am already checked in and, presumably, I will receive my room number via text message prior to my arrival at the resort, will I need to go to the front desk or will I be able to go straight to my room:confused3?

Here's the quote from the Terms and Conditions for Online Check-In service:

"I understand that the Online Check-In Service is a convenience to Guests at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and the check-in process shall become complete in Florida upon showing my photo identification, and receipt of a Key to the World card or by entering my room utilizing my authorized Magic Band"

It would be so cool if we could just get off the bus and head up to our room, but if we have to "check in" first, so be it;).

You need to go to the front desk.

There is a possibility that your room, your account, your bands may have problems. You may never receive the text, (we get them maybe every once out of every 5 check-ins). You should also know that late check-in have less of a chance of getting their room requests.

:earsboy: Bill

You need to go to the front desk.

There is a possibility that your room, your account, your bands may have problems. You may never receive the text, (we get them maybe every once out of every 5 check-ins). You should also know that late check-in have less of a chance of getting their room requests.

Thanks, Bill!

I figured as much. We're staying in a value studio so I know we have a small chance that we will land one of the two facing the parking lot. Naturally, I'd prefer a savanna view, but all of the value rooms are near the front of the resort and have some of the shortest walks so I will be OK with whatever we get:flower3:. It's just DH and I (no kids) and we're there for the race so the view doesn't really matter for this trip.

Thanks, Bill!

I figured as much. We're staying in a value studio so I know we have a small chance that we will land one of the two facing the parking lot. Naturally, I'd prefer a savanna view, but all of the value rooms are near the front of the resort and have some of the shortest walks so I will be OK with whatever we get:flower3:. It's just DH and I (no kids) and we're there for the race so the view doesn't really matter for this trip.

Have a great stay and good luck in the race. Even if you were to walk and come in last, you are still at WDW! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter