Magic bands - or ?

minnie56

DIS Veteran
It’s been 5 years since we visited WDW … what do most do ? Still get magic bands? Or?

We prefer MBs because they’re more convenient than using a ticket card that we have to take out and put away each time we enter a LL, etc. My DH has a MB+ but I’m using my old MB2 for now.

We used magic mobile on our phones and found it very easy. Only downfall was opening your hotel room door you had to go into the app and hit unlock door. So we got a key card for that. That’s what we will be doing in March also.

When we went to MNSSHP, we added our passes to our Apple wallet and used our watches. Very easy, worked great.

I use magicband+, much quicker and more convenient than whipping out my phone at the front of each ride. I was a big naysayer of mb+ initially, but am now a big fan. It doesnt seem like much but the additional lights/vibrations on rides/experiences are really fun.

We purchased MB+ before our trip in August, but they didn’t work well for us, which was disappointing. For our November trip we brought our older regular MBs (which worked well). While waiting for our room at the Riviera, we asked a CM to check the bands to ensure our passes would “work” with the bands and they checked out fine. We also requested a card key for our room entry just in case. We had no issues on that trip.

Last edited:

Yes, I didn't really like the MB+ when we went to DL, so we gave our kids those and we got the normal ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter