Magic Candle Company - candle Reviews

I actually have an order arriving today from MCC!

So far I've tried Polynesian (floral scent), Flying Over Orange Groves (smells like oranges!), Pineapple Whip (smells like a Dole Whip), Castaway Cruise (very light scent), Churro (just as you'd expect), PhilharMonic Champagne, Hunny Pot (honey and floral scent), Bakery (smells like cake!) and Pixie Dust (just smells good! :) ). I've enjoyed all of them, but my absolute favorite has been PhilharMonic Champagne. I'm not even sure how to describe it, but it smells so so so good!!

I will say I feel like the wax melts don't last very long, but that just gives me a chance to try a new one! I feel like the descriptions are pretty spot on.

Contemporary is my favorite. Followed by Polynesian and Wilderness. Banshee flight is pretty good as well. The scents are spot on in my opinion.

Love their scents but won't order from them any time soon again. Their cust svc is lacking. I ordered from them and loved their product. Then I order the favorites oil scent box since I was in lockdown during the rona scare and when I got the scents I noticed they were not thick like the oils I have they were watery. For the $$ I spent I wrote and said IDKY but they are watery and not strong like the others I have (had some of the exact same scents. I buy the oils for my diffusers) Their answer was short and said we didn't change anything. No offer to send it back NOTHING. So I looked to see if others complained about this but noticed their reviews on FB and everywhere else was turned off. I will stick with WISHES CANDLE CO. since their scents are just as good and they are customer service friendly. Sad b/c I want to support people here in FL but when you think you are too big to care about customer complaints....yeah thats a pass for me :-( makes me sad

Love their scents but won't order from them any time soon again. Their cust svc is lacking. I ordered from them and loved their product. Then I order the favorites oil scent box since I was in lockdown during the rona scare and when I got the scents I noticed they were not thick like the oils I have they were watery. For the $$ I spent I wrote and said IDKY but they are watery and not strong like the others I have (had some of the exact same scents. I buy the oils for my diffusers) Their answer was short and said we didn't change anything. No offer to send it back NOTHING. So I looked to see if others complained about this but noticed their reviews on FB and everywhere else was turned off. I will stick with WISHES CANDLE CO. since their scents are just as good and they are customer service friendly. Sad b/c I want to support people here in FL but when you think you are too big to care about customer complaints....yeah thats a pass for me :-( makes me sad
I liked the 2 candles I got, but the hand sanitizer was a joke. I got lucky and was charged the 8.95 per bottle and while waiting for the order the same stuff was selling for 6.95. The spray bottle that they came in doesnt pump/spray correctly and I am sure the 8.95 stuff is not any better than the cheaper bottles. Lesson learned, stick with a candle or 2 and leave the sanitizer to Purell.

What is the discount code @WebmasterPete always encourages us to use? Considering purchasing but want to first see how much shipping is to Canada.

It doesn't look like our September trip will be happening so since we can't go to Disney we're considering bringing some Disney to us!

UPDATED: Found the code, 'DISNEYINFO'

Sadly we'll have to wait until we return to Disney and have something shipped to the resort then. It was going to cost me around $100CDN for 2 small candles and a bar of soap once I paid for shipping and converted to CDN $. Cannot justify that. :(

Last edited:
Has anyone tried the hand sanitizer? If so, what scent(s) did you like/not like? I tried the orange-scented one but I don't care for the smell of it on my hands.

What is the discount code @WebmasterPete always encourages us to use? Considering purchasing but want to first see how much shipping is to Canada.

It doesn't look like our September trip will be happening so since we can't go to Disney we're considering bringing some Disney to us!

UPDATED: Found the code, 'DISNEYINFO'

Sadly we'll have to wait until we return to Disney and have something shipped to the resort then. It was going to cost me around $100CDN for 2 small candles and a bar of soap once I paid for shipping and converted to CDN $. Cannot justify that. :(
Yes its really expensive getting those Candles to Canada isn't it. I was kinda down in the middle of covid blues and pulled out the credit card last month. Three hundred dollars and three weeks to get 5 candles shipped. Yowch!! I will let you know if it was worth it.

I have Contemporary burning right now. It's so nice, a perfect way to tide me over. I looked at the website and there's so many more I want. Help!

I'm curious to see what people think of the new Splash scent.

We love the Tiki Terrace scent. It smells like a tropical getaway. Poly smells very authentic to me, just like the lobby. I wish they were not so expensive, but I do love them!

Part of the monthly club and just received Confectionery. It's just not for me so if anyone thinks they would like it, it's yours, no cost. I'll cover the shipping as well as long as it's in the US. First one to PM me gets it. Hate to see it go to waste.

Part of the monthly club and just received Confectionery. It's just not for me so if anyone thinks they would like it, it's yours, no cost. I'll cover the shipping as well as long as it's in the US. First one to PM me gets it. Hate to see it go to waste.
Thanks all, it's been claimed.

The Poly scent is spot on, and my kids love Flying Over Orange Groves and Churro.

I do like Rome Burning, and it does smell right, but it's a pretty strong scent that I don't want to use all the time. I find it's a good "I'm having a bad day" scent, kind of like playing the blues.

My current favorite is the one based on Castaway Cay. I was never conscious of a particular scent on CC, but I have to admit that every time I smell this I close my eyes and picture myself looking out at the big water slide structure from the beach. It definitely takes me away, which is just what I want.

I do want to mention one word of caution: we have gotten numerous candles that no matter how long we burn them, they won't burn all the way across the top on the first burn, so you end up getting a tunnel, which wastes a lot of scent. I've tried all the fixes they suggest on their website, and nothing worked. When I wrote to the company, instead of offering me replacements or a coupon or anything, they literally sent me a link to a wax melting appliance on Amazon. I don't think that's a very customer-service-focused solution.

The Poly scent is spot on, and my kids love Flying Over Orange Groves and Churro.

I do like Rome Burning, and it does smell right, but it's a pretty strong scent that I don't want to use all the time. I find it's a good "I'm having a bad day" scent, kind of like playing the blues.

My current favorite is the one based on Castaway Cay. I was never conscious of a particular scent on CC, but I have to admit that every time I smell this I close my eyes and picture myself looking out at the big water slide structure from the beach. It definitely takes me away, which is just what I want.

I do want to mention one word of caution: we have gotten numerous candles that no matter how long we burn them, they won't burn all the way across the top on the first burn, so you end up getting a tunnel, which wastes a lot of scent. I've tried all the fixes they suggest on their website, and nothing worked. When I wrote to the company, instead of offering me replacements or a coupon or anything, they literally sent me a link to a wax melting appliance on Amazon. I don't think that's a very customer-service-focused solution.
We took a piece of tinfoil made a little tent out of it and poked a hole in the center of the top. It doesn’t look pretty, but it works. We have to use it every time we burn them. MCC should develop or have someone develop a topper to do this and sell it on their site. It happens on most candles. We have many toppers for Yankee Candles so they burn better.

We took a piece of tinfoil made a little tent out of it and poked a hole in the center of the top. It doesn’t look pretty, but it works. We have to use it every time we burn them. MCC should develop or have someone develop a topper to do this and sell it on their site. It happens on most candles. We have many toppers for Yankee Candles so they burn better.

I didn't realize that the Yankee Candle toppers had a practical purpose! I thought they were just for decoration haha. So for the MCC candles, you basically make a tinfoil cone with a hole at the top?

i liked their candles. they smelled great. However, for the cost, they do not last very long at all. especially if you actually burn them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter