Magic drydock in fall? Is it true they are taking out the ESPN Skybox?

kmc33

DIS Veteran
I saw a comment on another thread that during the drydock this fall that Disney will be turning the ESPN Skybox into a teen club. Does anyone know if this is true?

A cast member told me last week on board the Magic. Indeed, the ESPN area is being converted for the teens, and the current Common Grounds will be made into a coffee bar....

Really? So will there still be an ESPN skybox anywhere on board? That's a shame, my hubby loves the skybox.

Where we going to watch football on our Nov. 29th Eastern??? Should I bring my old mug???LOL

My DH was wondering the same thing, he always catches at least part of the monday night football game up there.

bengals - Was it someone on the ship who said it was being moved to the third floor?

As accomadating as DCL usually is.....do you think I should request a large screen T.V. for my verandah if there is no longer going to be a sports bar??

Perhaps they will move ESPN to Promenade Lounge- that space is underutilized. Otherwise they could put it in offbeat.

We would LOVE a coffee bar! Can't wait to check it out in Feb. 2004 when we go on a 7 night Eastern. Of course this means we will have a bigger charge bill at the end of our stay! We don't buy many alcoholic drinks at all, so our tab is very small. But with a coffee bar, DH will be there every day! Maybe this isn't just a good thing afterall!
:confused:
DJ

Originally posted by KenP
Perhaps they will move ESPN to Promenade Lounge- that space is underutilized. Otherwise they could put it in offbeat.

Oh, I hope not. I love the Promenade Lounge just as it is. Perfect pre-dinner relaxation. Plus, wouldn't the noise from sports enthusiasts be too loud for the Internet Cafe?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter