Magic Key Program

We are going next week. I purchased our 4 day tickets and everything is under my account and I always scan everyone in from my phone. Wife uses same login on her phone but that’s mainly as a backup. Once we scan in can I then upgrade all four of us at once or is it one at a time? Haven’t seen anything with how that works for multiples.

We are going next week. I purchased our 4 day tickets and everything is under my account and I always scan everyone in from my phone. Wife uses same login on her phone but that’s mainly as a backup. Once we scan in can I then upgrade all four of us at once or is it one at a time? Haven’t seen anything with how that works for multiples.
All at once. Or at least that’s how it was on the 25th.

I hate the names for DLR and WDW because the name themselves give me zero indication of their level. Like I would have no idea if Dream is better than Believe or not just based on name, similarly I have no idea if pixie dust is better than pirate. These 'cutesy' names are sooooo meh. At least they give a decent entertainment value for jokes 😅

And they are all APs to me :D

Wondering if anyone has purchased discount tickets from an authorized reseller and upgraded to a Magic Key? I have done this in the past and both times had the full gate ticket price credited although I paid less for it. If this is still the case, I would purchase a five-day park hopper at a discount and upgrade to a Key so save a little money and also to apply more toward the deposit and have a lower monthly payment.

Related question: Could I in theory do the above and ALSO apply a gift card and Disney Chase rewards to the deposit?

Yes I bought my tickets from UT and got full price applied. As for your other question, there was not a way to use gift card or DC rewards on the app unless they added that since last Thursday. You will have to go to the Ticket booth and that has been hit or miss.

You can upgrade them all at once.

I hate the names for DLR and WDW because the name themselves give me zero indication of their level. Like I would have no idea if Dream is better than Believe or not just based on name, similarly I have no idea if pixie dust is better than pirate. These 'cutesy' names are sooooo meh. At least they give a decent entertainment value for jokes 😅

And they are all APs to me :D

Agree. Every park should name their AP levels the same way Hong Kong names the Magic Access levels: Silver, Gold and Platinum. Even Paris makes more sense with Discovery, Magic Flex, Magic Plus and Infinity.

Although you could also argue that Deluxe, Signature and Premier don't clearly indicate which is higher or lower. At least you can tell Signature Plus is better than Signature and Southern California would only be sold to Southern Californians.

Anyone know how AP discounts at sit down restaurants work?

In the olden days, you’d put your credit card and AP card into the booklet and the server would take it away to scan both.

Now that there’s no physical card, how does it work? Do you just show them your phone? How do they scan it without taking it away?

In the olden days, you’d put your credit card and AP card into the booklet and the server would take it away to scan both.

Now that there’s no physical card, how does it work? Do you just show them your phone? How do they scan it without taking it away?

I've already heard that you have to either hand over your phone or walk over to the server station where they process the check. I'm sure they will eventually get handheld scanners, like they have at WDW to scan magic bands.

Not very well thought out. Maybe they will relent and issue plastic cards again.

I've already heard that you have to either hand over your phone or walk over to the server station where they process the check. I'm sure they will eventually get handheld scanners, like they have at WDW to scan magic bands.

Not very well thought out. Maybe they will relent and issue plastic cards again.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Yeah, it does seem like an oversight.

I'm kinda thinking that your AP discount, or other applicable discount, would be automagically added to your reservation via the app's dining reservation process. Since the app knows your status ... it should pass it directly to the reservation ... which should carry directly to the dining experience and final bill?

Be warned.. chat took over 24 hours to answer my question. I'm going tomorrow and will report back of the Key graphic is added to my "Hello page" :)
Hi Jobo... Did you get the Key graphic to show up? This is happening to my sister, as well.

Hi Jobo... Did you get the Key graphic to show up? This is happening to my sister, as well.
or for those of us who never got the pretty key graphic on the welcome page. We bought ours on day 2, and still only see a colorful box for each of us containing our confirmation number and a bar code. No pretty balloons or anything to indicate its a believe key. But I know it works because we had no trouble making reservations. I hoped to take paper copies of our reservation confirmations but my computer had a fit over the QR codes and just leaves them out of the printed page o_O

I'm upgrading to the Magic Key on our first day of our trip in 2 weeks; will my 13 yo daughter (non-MK) be able to join me in the lounge or just me? I know in the past when they've had AP corners for different things she wasn't let in because only I had an AP.

I'm upgrading to the Magic Key on our first day of our trip in 2 weeks; will my 13 yo daughter (non-MK) be able to join me in the lounge or just me? I know in the past when they've had AP corners for different things she wasn't let in because only I had an AP.

Reports are saying they're scanning passes for everyone. So no, sounds like she won't be allowed in :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter