Magic Key Renewals Start 8/18

"...you can renew into one of the passes available at that time." So my Dream Key expires in Nov. I'm just wondering if people will be allowed to "renew up (or down)," as in move to a higher/lower pass level than they currently have. I would be unhappy if I went to renew my pass in a month or so and found that the allotment for it was gone.

So is this renewal starting the 18th potentially going to affect crowds the last week of August? Coming from out of town and hoping there won't be a huge sudden crowd increase to max from Aug 29 to Sept 2. I know Disneyland is capping reservations but hoping they don't reach their maximum for those days.

To be honest this isn't bad. For our Believe, we get photo pass and some off genie. Only thing I actually wanted was that they increased the number of reservations you could hold to 8.

Mostly I don't mind the reservation system I mind the 1 pm thing.

Wonder if we will ever get that dedicated entrance?Alwasy seems like no brainer to me...

"...you can renew into one of the passes available at that time." So my Dream Key expires in Nov. I'm just wondering if people will be allowed to "renew up (or down)," as in move to a higher/lower pass level than they currently have. I would be unhappy if I went to renew my pass in a month or so and found that the allotment for it was gone.

I'm wondering the same thing, our Believe Keys expire at the end of October and we plan to renew at the same level. Are they saying it's possible that the pass we have won't be available to renew?

I'm bummed about the Xmas/NYE block on the Inspire pass. I always go for NYE and at least 1-2 other days during that time frame. Looks like I'll likely be buying a day park hopper for NYE.

Yeah. This is my issue. That's one of my longer trips. And I won't pay for a separate ticket for it especially paying more for a pass than I am now that doesn't cover the entirety of my trip.

Looks like I'm going to be tapping out when my Dream expires and I don't get my annual NYE trip this year 🙃

How soon can we renew if our pass hasn't expired yet? Is it +/- 30 days of expiration date or needs to be after expiration date?

I'm wondering the same thing, our Believe Keys expire at the end of October and we plan to renew at the same level. Are they saying it's possible that the pass we have won't be available to renew?
Yup that is what they are saying with the “available at that time”. There is other language that says pass available can vary at anytime

“Disney may limit the quantity or terminate the sale of Passes and Pass types, and Passes or a Pass type may not be available for purchase or renewal from time to time or at any given time. Please check for Pass and Pass type availability before attempting to purchase or renew”

I would assume that they’re only going to open up for pass renewals for a period of time. Hopefully Disney will clear this up for those that have passes running for the next few months. Personally I don’t see them opening up for everyone until the first of the new year.

Am I understanding this correctly - any current magic key holders starting August 18 will receive 20% off Genie+? Glad there wasn't too much of a price hike on the Enchant key. That's worked perfectly for me this year being from Washington.

This all seems pretty straightforward. Price increase is always expected. Nice to see that parking is still included in the top pass. And nice that they added some other perks.

With new block out dates to the top pass, it does seem like this is all about the lawsuit. I wish they would’ve chosen just a few days instead of the whole two weeks. Doesn’t affect me as I am usually not around then, but it definitely sucks for people who count on those days to visit.

I just hope that reservations continue to be fairly easy to get. I hope that they don’t heavily dial back MK reservations. There’s no way to know what they will do with reservation availability, so it’s kind of a gamble.

The irony is, I was kind of hoping for a bigger revamp of the program. This just seems like a price increase with some small tweaks, which is fine, but then what took them so long!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter