Magic Kingdom After Hours coming back (DAH); Reviews: Page 18 >>

When we walked up the staff asked us what Resort and directed us to a specific bus stop, so it was clear we went to the correct bus. Did they not do that for your bus? Should avoid the confusion to guests on if they got on the right bus or not

This whole setup sounds confusing if you've never left a park last but like angitn, I find it very organized and smooth. maybe not exactly how you want to get back to the resort but it's not a big inconvenience.. this is an after hours event and not a party with 40,000 friends.

The only nit I can come up with for the night is the crane awoke from its slumber at 11:40p .... just as we started working our way down all the PhotoPass stations from the hub to Town Square. Seriously guys... you couldn't wait 20 more minutes? Nothing that a minor touch of Photoshop can't fix, though.

We must have just barely missed the crane. We got pictures at 11:35 and walked up to catch Talking Mickey. When we came out from the meet, they'd just closed the doors and the Kiss Goodnight was just starting.

Looking forward to this Thursday! How does the Meet and Greet work? Are the characters Mickey/Princesses there the whole time?
Thanks!!

Looking forward to this Thursday! How does the Meet and Greet work? Are the characters Mickey/Princesses there the whole time?
Thanks!!
Mickey was there the whole time. Tink was not there.
I didn't notice the Princesses one way or another

We were also there Friday and had a fantastic time. There were a few people in walkways but we walked on all the rides we did. Between the 4 of us there we had lots of ice cream also. We got in 15 rides for the time we were there.

We left about 11:45 and when we walked out we were asked which resort (Boardwalk) and told which number to go to. The bus was there and we had no problems getting back. We stopped at the Dolphin and Yacht before our atop at the Boardwalk. Would do this again without hesitation. Worth every discounted dollar!!

When we walked up the staff asked us what Resort and directed us to a specific bus stop, so it was clear we went to the correct bus. Did they not do that for your bus? Should avoid the confusion to guests on if they got on the right bus or not

The fact that the bus will take a different route and hit a number of resorts is not communicated.

Given that it's late and that every other time you have gotten on a bus during your trip to go back to the resort it took a certain route I can see how it could be disconcerting after the 3rd unfamiliar stop.

I'd compare this situation to the runDisney shuttles that list which resorts you are going to in the front window.

We left about 11:45 and when we walked out we were asked which resort (Boardwalk) and told which number to go to. The bus was there and we had no problems getting back. We stopped at the Dolphin and Yacht before our atop at the Boardwalk. Would do this again without hesitation. Worth every discounted dollar!!

Bus 9 departing just after midnight?
That's the one we were on.

The fact that the bus will take a different route and hit a number of resorts is not communicated.
Ah, ok. I guess maybe if one wasn't giving it much thought. But when a CM asks what resort I'm going to and tells me a bus stop to get on I guess I just assume I got on the right bus and that bus is going where I need to be. Yeah, I know what assume means. I'm always accused of being too trusting
They do make it clear you do not head to your usual bus stop (unless it just happens to be the one for where you are going normally)
And our driver did announce all the stops they were making. Though it was clear he didn't know till it was loaded all the stops he'd be assigned to.
Signs like at Run Disney would be useful but then they'd have to know how many guests they have for a given resort in order to plan how to send them off. With so few guests I'm not sure they can operate them the same exact way. Maybe using wipe boards would work?

I just did the survey and there was no spot for suggestions. Guess I should have added it in the "like least" box.

Such a great read here

I will be going feb 2

Anyone experience using the all star sports busses for transportation back to the hotel late that night?

What group of ride stops has any one experienced in going back to sports?

Is the complementary popcorn just regular popcorn or do they also offer the flavors I heard about some Maple popcorn at MK that is intriguing!

Last spring, Guests who attended Disney After Hours events at Magic Kingdom Park told us they had excellent experiences and especially enjoyed the quicker access to attractions and character greetings. Back by popular demand, this special ticketed event will return next month.

Available to a limited number of Guests, Disney After Hours enables participants to maximize their time in the park with little to no wait at experiences. Ice cream novelties, popcorn and bottled beverages are also included with admission during the three-hour event.

Disney After Hours takes place once the park closes on select nights throughout January, February and March. Event Guests may enter the park as early as 7:00pm and remain in the park for three hours past the scheduled closing time on the following dates:

• January 20 and 27
  • February 2, 9 and 16
  • March 2 and 9
Pricing is $119 plus tax for both adults and children (ages 3-9). To purchase tickets, Guests may call 407-827-7185.

Pricing is $89 per Annual Passholder/Disney Vacation Club Member adult or child (tax not included).

FAQ
Why is Disney After Hours returning to Magic Kingdom Park? Last spring, Guests who attended our Disney After Hours events told us they had excellent experiences and especially enjoyed the quicker access to attractions and character greetings. We want to continue giving Guests the opportunity to experience this unique event.

What makes Disney After Hours unique? With an extremely limited number of tickets available for each event, Disney After Hours enables participates to maximize their time in the park with even quicker access to popular attractions and character greetings.

Is Disney After Hours replacing Extra Magic Hours / Is Extra Magic Hours going away? No. Walt Disney World Resort hotel Guests may continue to enjoy the benefit of Extra Magic Hours at all Walt Disney World Theme Parks.

Do Disney After Hours and evening Extra Magic Hours take place simultaneously at Magic Kingdom Park? No. Disney After Hours and evening Extra Magic Hours at Magic Kingdom Park are separate events and take place on different dates.

Are any other Walt Disney World theme parks offering a Disney After Hours event? At this time, Disney After Hours is only taking place at Magic Kingdom Park.

Do I need standard theme park admission in order to attend Disney After Hours? You do not need standard theme park admission, however, you must have a separate event ticket in order to attend Disney After Hours. Pricing is $119 plus tax for both adults and children (ages 3-9).

What time does the event start / what time can I check in for the event? The event takes place for three hours following park close, but you are welcome to check in for the event and enjoy the park as early as 7:00pm Please note that event-specific offerings, such as ice cream novelties, popcorn and bottled beverages, will only be available during the hours of the event.

What Food & Beverage offerings will be available during Disney After Hours? Ice cream novelties, popcorn and bottled beverages are included with event admission. The Main Street Bakery (Starbucks) will be open for purchases. Additional food offerings will be available for purchase throughout the duration of the event.

What Entertainment Offerings will be available during Disney After Hours? Mickey Mouse will greet Guests at Town Square Theater, and select princesses will greet Guests at Princess Fairytale Hall. Additionally, Guests may enter the park as early as 7:00pm to experience other nighttime offerings, such as Wishes, during standard park operating hours.

What attractions will be operating during Disney After Hours?
Attractions operating during Disney After Hours include:  Astro Orbiter  The Barnstormer  Big Thunder Mountain Railroad  Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin  Country Bear Jamboree  Dumbo the Flying Elephant  Haunted Mansion  ‘it’s a small world’  Jungle Cruise  Mad Tea Party  The Magic Carpets of Aladdin  The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh  Mickey’s PhilharMagic  Pirates of the Caribbean  Peter Pan’s Flight  Prince Charming Regal Carrousel  Princess Fairytale Hall (select princesses)  Seven Dwarfs Mine Train  Space Mountain  Splash Mountain  Swiss Family Treehouse  Tomorrowland Speedway  Town Square Theater (Mickey Mouse)  Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid  Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room
I am trying it for the first time February 16. I have heard good things about it. Free ice cream doesn't hurt!

Is the complementary popcorn just regular popcorn or do they also offer the flavors I heard about some Maple popcorn at MK that is intriguing!
Just regular, the freshly popped stuff at the stands. I've never seen flavored at MK. Not that isn't sold in a bag in the gift shops

Just regular, the freshly popped stuff at the stands. I've never seen flavored at MK. Not that isn't sold in a bag in the gift shops
According to several Disers there is Maple Popcorn at, I believe, Western Ho(???), in Frontierland. But I have no idea if that's available/open during DAH. My guess is no, but its just a guess.

Has anyone heard of same day discounts being offered for annual passes or DVC? I think they did this last year during the other test. I know we already get one, but I remember something same day since sales were lacking

According to several Disers there is Maple Popcorn at, I believe, Western Ho(???), in Frontierland. But I have no idea if that's available/open during DAH. My guess is no, but its just a guess.
I know that one was closed for certain. We went by as they were cleaning out the machine. We got popcorn on up the hill outside of Big Thunder instead.

I know that one was closed for certain. We went by as they were cleaning out the machine. We got popcorn on up the hill outside of Big Thunder instead.
Here!!was told monorail open only til 10:30 and boats too only until 10:30 then just buses ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter