• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magical Beginnings Question

Aristomommy

<font color=deeppink>We were in the “wild animals”
Disney announces the new Magical Beginnings program for the 5 and under age group. The info I got from AllEarsNet was this:

"From Aug. 13 to Sept. 30, these families can enjoy a new package that offers free dining for the entire family. Packages include a five-day, four-night stay at a value resort, "Magic Your Way" theme park tickets and free Disney Dining plan (one table-service meal, one snack and one quick-service meal per day). Packages begin at $950 for two adults and one child (ages 3-9), $173 per additional child."

Ok, as this says free dining for the ENTIRE family, will this finally include 3 and under kids? I am not trying to read too much into this. We will be there during this time period with a 18mo. old with a healthy appetite and we are not going to too many buffets. I am prepared to pay OOP, if needed, but is he now included in the plan with this annoucement?

Good question...I'm not sure of the answer, but I do know you will get a lot of food with the dining plan!! It might be enough for you between the appitizers and deserts that you won't need to order a seperate meal.

I highly doubt that's what they mean (although you can hope if you want to). I think (and a CM I called at WDW confirmed) that this free dining promotion is the exact same as the existing free dining - just marketed differently.

Children under 3 are free at WDW - not even really considered another person in your party. I personally don't complain about that! I'm psyched that we're going one last time in Sept just before dd turns 3 and she's totally FREE. You can't beat that if you ask me. And, if you want, it's your choice and your child could, too, eat free during your entire stay. You obviously don't want to do that many buffets though. For the fact that the under 3 crowd gets admission, shows, transportation, accomodations in the room - for nothing I wouldn't complain about an occasional $5.99 mac n cheese OOP.

brymolmom said:
I highly doubt that's what they mean (although you can hope if you want to). I think (and a CM I called at WDW confirmed) that this free dining promotion is the exact same as the existing free dining - just marketed differently.

Children under 3 are free at WDW - not even really considered another person in your party. I personally don't complain about that! I'm psyched that we're going one last time in Sept just before dd turns 3 and she's totally FREE. You can't beat that if you ask me. And, if you want, it's your choice and your child could, too, eat free during your entire stay. You obviously don't want to do that many buffets though. For the fact that the under 3 crowd gets admission, shows, transportation, accomodations in the room - for nothing I wouldn't complain about an occasional $5.99 mac n cheese OOP.

I'm not sure where in my post you got the idea that I was complaining. :confused3 I certainly am not. I was merely asking about if this Magical Beginning is something different than what the regular DDP is. Especially since Disney is focusing on the under 5 age group so heavily during this time. DS and DD have different tastes and I don't want to think about what DS could have off my plate when I order. That would eliminate spicy entrees for example. As I stated, I am perfectly fine with paying for OOP, I wouldn't care if I had to pay for a park ticket for him, if that was the rule at WDW. Our vacation isn't cheap no matter how you look at it, so a 5.99 mac and cheese isn't my greatest concern.

Thanks for your opinion, although it didn't even attempt to answer the original question.

Aristomommy said:
Thanks for your opinion, although it didn't even attempt to answer the original question.

Actually, I did include information of my conversation with a CM who explained that this is the exact same dining as the current free dining promotion. I thought that would answer your question since I thought you were asking if it was something new/different.

No harm - no foul. I know you wouldn't mind paying for the $5.99 mac n cheese - I just thought I'd point out all the other benefits of bringing the under 3's with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter