Magical Express to end in 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually haven't dismissed that. I have said over and over that I feel bad and have empathy for those who utilized DME. But I also see both sides of things. I see the business decisions that Disney has to make. I understand that COVID was crushing to Disney's parks and resorts business. I am not going to crush Disney for getting rid of a declining service that was probably losing them money. Also, nothing is "free"...someone is paying for the services that appear to be "free".

I also think the story isn't over yet. Perks have always come and go. There will be more perks offered. I don't know what those will be yet, but Disney has always added and removed perks. People are just focusing on the ones that are removed because they are upset about them, which I 100% understand.

Perks will go away until removing them has an impact on their earnings. This new CEO seems to be a cost cutting one. Disney will become a better investment than a place to go.

I actually haven't dismissed that. I have said over and over that I feel bad and have empathy for those who utilized DME. But I also see both sides of things. I see the business decisions that Disney has to make. I understand that COVID was crushing to Disney's parks and resorts business. I am not going to crush Disney for getting rid of a declining service that was probably losing them money. Also, nothing is "free"...someone is paying for the services that appear to be "free".

I also think the story isn't over yet. Perks have always come and go. There will be more perks offered. I don't know what those will be yet, but Disney has always added and removed perks. People are just focusing on the ones that are removed because they are upset about them, which I 100% understand.

What leads you to think there will be more perks? They have been cutting perks on a regular basis.

What leads you to think there will be more perks? They have been cutting perks on a regular basis.
I don't have any "hard evidence" that leads me to believe Disney will add perks. I just think when COVID is eventually in the rear view mirror that they will balance things out by adding perks. It's just what I feel. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt because of the absolute beating the parks and resorts took during COVID.

I don't have any "hard evidence" that leads me to believe Disney will add perks. I just think when COVID is eventually in the rear view mirror that they will balance things out by adding perks. It's just what I feel. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt because of the absolute beating the parks and resorts took during COVID.

The perks were being removed and reduced before covid.

Yes, I know that. Things at Disney come and go. They always have. I'm willing to give Disney some benefit of the doubt that other perks will be offered. That's just me.

You also seem to think they are going to charge guests less now that magical express is gone :duck:

You also seem to think they are going to charge guests less now that magical express is gone :duck:
Wow, not sure why you are arguing over opinions. But, yes, I don't think Disney will continue charging guests for a service they no longer provide. Especially the DVC side of things where they have to account to the members for all of the budget costs. I don't think Disney is evil or trying to scam people. It seems you do, and that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Wow, not sure why you are arguing over opinions. But, yes, I don't think Disney will continue charging guests for a service they no longer provide. Especially the DVC side of things where they have to account to the members for all of the budget costs. I don't think Disney is evil or trying to scam people. It seems you do, and that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
I personally don't they are trying to scan anyone. I just think they are trying to squeeze as much money as they can out guests.

In the wake of 9/11 when travel came to a stand still, Disney offered some of its best discounts/perks EVER. It just makes sense that once COVID is in the rear view mirror, similar moves will be made to get people to travel again. No guarantee, but just going by past history.
I agree with this. Once they're able to remove all restrictions Disney will see what the demand looks like. If it's lower than they want, they'll introduce perks and discounts to get people to come back to the parks. There's just a ton of uncertainty right now and the parks are losing money so they're cutting things.

The perks were being removed and reduced before covid.

Covid gave Disney a golden opportunity to remove perks and cut staff to the bone what would have taken 5-7 years to accomplish took one year.

The perks and many of the cast off staff are not coming back for a long time if ever in my personal opinion

Visiting WDW under the post covid rules is going to be a very different experience from past trips to WDW

Just in case anyone was curious, the only thing I saw available to book this morning as far as ground transportation in 2022 was a rental car. And you have to book a package to rent the car through Disney, you can’t do room only. There was no offer to book a Mears bus.

so looks more and more like a poorly thought out cost saving measure. Because remember one of the drivers of the parking fee was to get people to stay in the bubble by making car rentals less desirable and expensive. Now the parking fee is just another price increase

2022 bookings just began...prices on rooms went up.

Just in case anyone was curious, the only thing I saw available to book this morning as far as ground transportation in 2022 was a rental car. And you have to book a package to rent the car through Disney, you can’t do room only. There was no offer to book a Mears bus.
I could be wrong but back several years when I used to use Mears I had to book it myself direct. There was no connection to my WDW reservation.

2022 bookings just began...prices on rooms went up.
What does that have to do with what we were discussing? You were stating before that you think they’re going to keep charging people for services that are no longer being offered. Not sure how the room rates going up has anything to do with that. Of course room rates are going to go up. They go up every year.

We are still a ways out from 2022. I just looked on FL Tours and they aren’t booking 2022 yet either, but they will be. We still have almost 10 months.

What does that have to do with what we were discussing? You were stating before that you think they’re going to keep charging people for services that are no longer being offered. Not sure how the room rates going up has anything to do with that. Of course room rates are going to go up. They go up every year.

Because the cost of ME was built into the ROOM cost. So by your logic, for Disney to "no longer charge us for a service they don't offer" they would have to reduce the cost of the room. Which they didn't. Ergo, yes, they WILL still charge us for the service they used to provide. Just like they have with every other thing they've removed in the past.

The issue with ubers and kids is car seats. A big perk to having the ME is not having to bring and install car seats for 2 30 minute rides. Luckily my kids have aged out of them, but it's a big blow to parents, especially ones with multiple kids.
Yep, about to be 4 kids 5 and under. All I'm a car seat or booster. We were thinking of coming 2022. Now seriously doubting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter