Magical Holidays Room Rates discount

Disney2NJ

Mouseketeer
i didnt see this posted yet. A new room discount was posted to my delight and surprise! Slim pickings for my dates but overjoyed to get something! Sorry if it's old news!

For me to use that "discount", I'd have to spend another 3 to 4 thousand dollars!!! :scared:

All that was available for my dates was suites and club level rooms. Yikes, guess I'm sticking with what I've got!

Only rooms showing availability for this discount are the suites in December. And I'm still experiencing the glitch of it showing me a package pricing once I click into it and not the actual room discount. Is this Disney's way of getting rid of their discounts?

I wanted to add another day last week, decided to wait for this sale. So mad that I did , I don't think I cna get one now. So looking at moving hotels for one night I guess. what a pain.

I'm starting to think Disney is only making a gesture here. There is no availability at any villas or deluxe. There hasn't been for a while now so it isn't all the sudden going to appear during a discount. I can find some availability at the moderates although I'm only seeing Pirate rooms available at CBR right now with the discount. I haven't even seen any AP discounts this year for the Fall. I'm glad I booked when I did. I'll have to remember this going forward because I can't see this discount getting any better going forward.

Last edited:
I agree! The offer was a big let down. There was hardly any availability. It does seem that Disney is severely cutting back on the discounts. I found that the discounts were so great for Dec 2011...each year after that, they seem to be getting much less. It first started with lower percentage discounts and now even less rooms are being set aside.

Last edited:
We might go to WDW several times a year, but late October thru early November is our "must do" trip for Epcot F&W. Last year and this year, we booked with a travel agent to stay at one of the Boardwalk resorts. I have grown tired of the waiting game and having to stalk for discounts. The bouncebacks for that time of the year have disappeared. And yes, I fully understand that Disney gives discounts to book rooms.

As soon as the travel agent comes out with their deals for next fall, if they have any, I will book.

My point is, that the pessimist in me, says our yearly trips to Disney are probably coming to an end. If we can't stay at a deluxe with a discount we won't go. I know there are worst things in the world and I am grateful that we have been able to go every year, it just makes me sad to think about it.

Not a TOTAL DUD folks! I just happened to go and check prices and I found CCV which I had already booked for MUCH less.:cloud9: So I booked it and cancelled my old reservation. I saved over :tink:$300! This was the Magical Holiday Room Only Offer. Keep trying! You may find something. For late October I found Beach Resort 1 BR CL for $706. Is that good or not? Not familiar with CL and Beach Club Villas 1 BR for $548. Ex: BRV Studio from 10/29-11/2 $349.60 & 1 BR $483.00/pn. If it wasn't for the fact that I have a Boardwalk view & F&W ,I would switch to BRV Studio in a heartbeat. Boardwalk Inn $338.40/pn 10/29-11/2.
Just saying I'm finding availability that I couldn't find yesterday.

Last edited:
I agree this promotion is a joke at best for late October. it excludes the weekends and if for suites. Get ready for crowds everyone for october lol I think this is our last october trip for awhile

I'm very happy since I saved over :tinker:$300!

Not a TOTAL DUD folks! I just happened to go and check prices and I found CCV which I had already booked for MUCH less.:cloud9: So I booked it and cancelled my old reservation. I saved over :tink:$300! This was the Magical Holiday Room Only Offer. Keep trying! You may find something. For late October I found Beach Resort 1 BR CL for $706. Is that good or not? Not familiar with CL and Beach Club Villas 1 BR for $548. Ex: BRV Studio from 10/29-11/2 $349.60 & 1 BR $483.00/pn. If it wasn't for the fact that I have a Boardwalk view & F&W ,I would switch to BRV Studio in a heartbeat. Boardwalk Inn $338.40/pn 10/29-11/2.
Just saying I'm finding availability that I couldn't find yesterday.

Wait a minute I thought Copper Creek was excluded! Did you book online or over the phone?

Yep dud for me too as I'm planning a weekend. I actually cancelled my previous reservation and decided to do a longer trip at a Value. It was less than my original Moderate reservation.

I think my plan to stay at all the resorts may be at an end. All I had left were a few Deluxes/all Villas but at $400/$500+ with a discount it's just not worth it to me to stay at that level. I just don't use the amenities enough to make that price acceptable. I may still do some eventually but for right now I'd rather spend my vacations dollars on something besides location.

Wait a minute I thought Copper Creek was excluded! Did you book online or over the phone?

I also booked CCV with the discount (for December). It is included. The website is glitchy with it, though. I could pull up discount availability but not actually book the room with the discount online. I had no problem doing it over the phone.

Just got the discount for a standard view at AKL from Nov. 17-25. About $220, better than nothing though!

I have been trying to book value for my trip in Nov/Dec. I finally did receive the discount but the difference in price was minimal. And that was after many phone calls, etc. because I could not access on line anything in values. I think the change in Free Dining has wiped out value resorts availability, along with Pop Warner, etc. So, I decided for the first time to book outside of the WDW resort. Both of the places I booked are smaller resorts but much larger rooms with kitchenettes and has everything I need and more. I rent a car and I am an annual passholder so I have free parking at the parks. I just don't like the waiting game. I have been going to WDW during November/December for years and this is the first year it's been almost impossible to find a value. Crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter