Magnets on Fantasy Concierge Doors

Kit Jackson

DIS Veteran
I have read/heard conflicting information online and was hoping someone here could clear something up for me. Are magnets permitted on Fantasy Concierge Doors or are they a banned item like over the door organizers? I know I would need stronger magnets to make it work, I just wanted to be sure that putting magnets on the door would not violate rules/DCL policy.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

I have read/heard conflicting information online and was hoping someone here could clear something up for me. Are magnets permitted on Fantasy Concierge Doors or are they a banned item like over the door organizers? I know I would need stronger magnets to make it work, I just wanted to be sure that putting magnets on the door would not violate rules/DCL policy.

Thanks to anyone who can help.
AFAIK, there's no ban as to magnets on the doors. It's just that the doors on the Concierge doors have a wood laminate on them causing "regular" fridge type magnets to not stick. You need stronger ones, like neodymium ones.

Also, be aware those stronger magnets could cause scratches. I've read that some people have put a fabric cover over the magnet before putting it on the door.

I've also read, as an alternative, you can hang a cookie sheet from the message holder outside the door to put your magnets on.

We had a few magnets on our concierge door on the Fantasy this past May. No problem. I use the strong neodymium ones you can find on Amazon. I place a piece of clear packing tape over the magnet so it will not scratch the door. They hold just fine. Not many put up magnets in concierge it seems. But we put up a few and we saw a few other doors with just a few decorated as well. Have fun!

A cast member posted something last month that said magnets were not allowed on concierge stateroom doors on the Fantasy and Dream. I've not seen it announced anywhere but there (yet?). You will need the stronger magnets if you want to put stuff on those doors.

A cast member posted something last month that said magnets were not allowed on concierge stateroom doors on the Fantasy and Dream. I've not seen it announced anywhere but there (yet?). You will need the stronger magnets if you want to put stuff on those doors.

I saw that too. To me, one random post by a cast member does not constitute official policy.

I don't want to come off as an entitled jerk who will do whatever they want regardless of official policy. If there was something on the DCL website or the PlanDisney website saying it was not allowed/not encouraged, I wouldn't think of bringing them.

I think I may order them, hang them up, and if someone official complains/tells me to take the them down, I will.

Are magnets on the door a DCL thing? I recently sailed Royal and did not see any. A friend just sailed Norwegian and said they didn’t see any. Just curious I see so much talk of magnets on these boards.

Are magnets on the door a DCL thing? I recently sailed Royal and did not see any. A friend just sailed Norwegian and said they didn’t see any. Just curious I see so much talk of magnets on these boards.
Yes, they are. As are hanging ”pockets” for gift exchanges. Those are called Fish Extenders, as they are placed to hang below the metal shaped notice holder by the cabin door.

I make an alternate Fish extender. No pockets. Just decorative. It would easily show off any magnet design, without the need for actual magnets. This was for a Southern Caribbean Cruise with lots of beachy ports.

.. IMG_7501.jpeg

Yes, they are. As are hanging ”pockets” for gift exchanges. Those are called Fish Extenders, as they are placed to hang below the metal shaped notice holder by the cabin door.

I make an alternate Fish extender. No pockets. Just decorative. It would easily show off any magnet design, without the need for actual magnets. This was for a Southern Caribbean Cruise with lots of beachy ports.

.. View attachment 832667
Your decorative door hanger is gorgeous!

.. View attachment 832667
This is adorable!

They are definitely a thing on DCL. On our recent disney cruise, I’d say more than two thirds of doors were decorated with magnets, many of them elaborate full door displays.

Some people on Royal decorate as well, though not as extensively as DCL.

This was our door on Odyssey of the Seas 2 weeks ago.
1707503418283.jpeg

We also usually decorate our concierge room door on DCL (using neodymium magnets).

This was our door on the Dream last year.
1707503554112.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter