Major changes after January 9th? Any hints or ideas?

nuge67

Mouseketeer
I hear there will be some major changes after the 9th of January, so as not more reservations and so on. Does anyone know if teh park hours will change, other changes after the 9th?

Thanks

I hear there will be some major changes after the 9th of January, so as not more reservations and so on. Does anyone know if teh park hours will change, other changes after the 9th?

Thanks
See this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...-coming-on-january-9th.3933876/#post-65145102

While the park hours that have already been posted for January 9 and later could always change, that isn't anything new and has nothing to do with the announced January 9 changes.

P.S. I just realized you started the other thread. Are you just trying to see if you get different answers if you ask again?

Last edited:
I mean, we all are aware of the park reservations going away. And park hours aren't really set until a few months out and frequently change already.

Not sure what else you could be thinking of here.
G+ changes, although there's no indication that this will be ready on 1/9. I'm operating under the assumption that the only change that happens in January is the removal of reservations.

I mean, we all are aware of the park reservations going away. And park hours aren't really set until a few months out and frequently change already.

Jan 9th is a month away.......... Not sure what to think, thus, asking what major changes may be happening after the 9th.. Thanks for the input

G+ changes, although there's no indication that this will be ready on 1/9. I'm operating under the assumption that the only change that happens in January is the removal of reservations.
Got it, thanks... Still trying to figure of G+, LL and so on... There for 3 days bout park hopper for only 2 of those days

Thanks
I am hearing there is going to be changes. I have heard on a Facebook DVC group folks got a survey? I never got anything did anyone get this survey?
I heard some of the changes will be we will be able to book 11 months out even if it is not our home?

I am hearing there is going to be changes. I have heard on a Facebook DVC group folks got a survey? I never got anything did anyone get this survey?
I heard some of the changes will be we will be able to book 11 months out even if it is not our home?
That's unreal.

No, that is not even remotely true or possibly happening.

Not necessarily. They might do this by charging a large cash fee in addition to your points and using up their cash stays inventory.
What is being discussed based on the wording of the surveys, which is nothing but supposition around survey questions (and only in this specific iteration of this survey), is whether they could ever offer a DVC product that would act as a middle-ground between the 7 month and the 11 month window. Breakage inventory for cash stays can only be made available within 60 days.

Not for everybody. I’m voting for APH not needing to make park reservations. Haha not holding my breath there.

Do think we should get “a pass” on making reservations for the days we are using our points onsite.
I heard some of the changes will be able to book 11 months out even if it is not our home?
Sounds like some wishful thinking.

booking studios, have run into multiple walking situations for last few years wherein I can’t book where I own at even the 11 month mark. frustrating to resort to stalking website to hope the dates do backfill Or a waitlist comes through.

That’s related to possible formation of a DVC timeshare trust, which you would have to buy into. It would not affect 11 month booking rights for current owners. The best summary and analysis I’ve read is here: https://dvcnews.com/disney-news/fea...cation-club-registers-timeshare-trust-product. If you want lots of discussion, speculation, and confusion, this is the thread for you: https://www.disboards.com/threads/dvc-club-level-and-home-resort-survey.3935147/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter