"Make up your mind already!" WDW Christmas Time Dining Review COMPLETED!!

first you guys are too cute! cant wait for the rest!! :goodvibes

second....thats what i'm afraid of, we did the DDDP last time and thought "all we did was eat" lol i think a big part of it was it rained and I mean rained, poured, cats, dogs, buckets all but 2 of the 10 days we were there! so everytime we were waiting to go eat it was raining! ANYHOO... i think our next trip with the regular DDP we will be disappointed? I will be glad to see how your trip played out :goodvibes

can;t wait to read more. like your rating system

Thank You! Beauty & The Beast is my all time favorite Disney movie. When I was younger, I had the sleeping bag, play tent and my Dad even surprised me for my birthday by taking me to Beauty & The Beast on ICE! :) Oh, the memories.

Great start to your reviews and looking forward to more:)

:cheer2: WELCOME! I hope you enjoy my next installment.

first you guys are too cute! cant wait for the rest!! :goodvibes

second....thats what i'm afraid of, we did the DDDP last time and thought "all we did was eat" lol i think a big part of it was it rained and I mean rained, poured, cats, dogs, buckets all but 2 of the 10 days we were there! so everytime we were waiting to go eat it was raining! ANYHOO... i think our next trip with the regular DDP we will be disappointed? I will be glad to see how your trip played out :goodvibes

Yay what a great start!!!

Thank You! I like to think we're cute, too! :thumbsup2 I promise our meals get better as the week goes on! Hope you stick around!

Also, I am having the same thoughts as you! We didn't do the DDP, which was a mistake. I would much rather not have to deal with "forking" out cash for every meal. But, as I have been making my ADR list for our next trip (which isn't even planned yet :lmao:) I am beginning to wonder if we should just go with the DxDP. I am really thinking they need a DP that includes 2 TS meals per day. Just sayin'. ;) Now, that would suit my needs perfectly. We enjoy starting our day with a good meal and ending it with a good meal.

END ZONE FOOD COURT

On this morning, I had chosen for us to eat at the food court, out of convienence and it allowed us to arrive early to the parks. (Something I learned is KEY in getting the popular attractions done with little to no wait time.)

This morning I had Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Sausage (I usually prefer bacon but their plastic bacon is not considered edible in my book.)

100_1531.jpg

The sausage ends were crunchy but other than that they were great. I dipped them in syrup (I love to do that with my sausage!) and that made it even better, I believe. The pancakes were warm (I JUST missed receiving fresh ones, I should have just asked, but oh well.) They didn’t need syrup as the chocolate chips added all the sweetness these pancakes needed. They could have used a little butter, as the chips were mostly in the middle, but I didn’t see any out (I’m guessing you have to ask for it.).

I rate this meal a “3”. My DMIL makes the most delicious pancakes I have ever eaten (she actually uses the “melt in your mouth” recipe on the back of the Bisquik box) so I am quite picky when it comes to pancakes. The meal was average, but something I would probably get again!
average.jpg

DH chose the French Toast with bacon. The bacon was paper thin and soggy but yet somehow still crunchy, YUCK. He really enjoyed the French Toast, he said it was “Flavorful”. I even tried a bite and it was very good!

100_1532.jpg

He rated this meal a “4”. I can be sure that he would rate it as a “5” if he would have had better bacon.
LOVEfood-1.jpg

WOULD WE EVER GET DELICIOUS BACON ON THIS TRIP? Hmm…

EARL OF SANDWICH​

I was SO excited to try this place and even more excited for DH to try it, as I had a feeling he was going to love it! Boy, when I read that the line is long here, nobody was kidding! We waited about 10 minutes in line, which wasn’t so bad but I was looking around and saw ZERO open seats. Once we paid for our meals, however, a table opened up inside (which was nice because it was quite humid outside).

I ordered the “HOLIDAY TURKEY” sandwich. I felt like I was actually eating Thanksgiving dinner! Even the way I felt after only eating half! (DH ate nearly the entire second half, as it was very rich for me!) I’m not sure I would order it again, only because of the richness. I did open the sandwich up and try each of the individual flavors and they were all delicious. My biggest complaint with this sandwich is that I wish it was actual turkey and not deli style turkey. I rate it as a “4”. Next time I go, I would like to try the BLT I think.
LOVEfood-1.jpg

The Holiday Turkey Sandwich- Turkey, Cranberry Sauce, Stuffing, Mayo (I may be missing something, but I cannot find the description online as it was a Holiday special.)
100_1543.jpg

DH ordered the “ORIGINAL” sandwich. I do not have any comments written down about his sandwich. Only a heart. DH loved this sandwich. I tried it and it wasn’t for me (I do not like horseradish.) but he continued to rave about the sandwich the entire trip and still brings it up from time to time!

The Original 1762 - Fresh Roasted Beef, Cheddar and Creamy Horseradish Sauce
100_1544.jpg

Obviously, DH rated this as a “5”! Our first outstanding rating of the trip, yay!
DanceAroundfood.jpg

Great start!!

I agree with you about the richness of the Holiday Special. I had it here in Texas recently and the gravy they put on it killed it for me. Way too salty. The more I ate of the sandwich, the worse it got, to the point that I only ate half. If I ordered it again, I think I'd ask for no gravy!

Can't wait for your next update! popcorn::

Great start!!

I agree with you about the richness of the Holiday Special. I had it here in Texas recently and the gravy they put on it killed it for me. Way too salty. The more I ate of the sandwich, the worse it got, to the point that I only ate half. If I ordered it again, I think I'd ask for no gravy!

Can't wait for your next update! popcorn::

That's the ingredient I was missing, the gravy! Thank You! :worship: I really wish I had tried something else but there's always next time! I hope you enjoy reading the rest of the reviews!

you married a very intelligent man!!

the original at EOS is favorite for me too...

i so wish i had one right now!!

Glad to see I am not the only one who dips breakfast sausage in the syrup. Makes it yummy!

I couldn't believe that holiday turkey sandwich! I didn't know they did something special during holiday time!

My family (ok, my mom and I) have made sandwiches kinda like that for years! We kinda mush cranberry sauce and mayonaise together, put it on bread or a roll, and add stuffing and turkey. We LOVE that after-Thanksgiving sandwich! I can only imagine how much better it must have been from the Earl! The way they toast those rolls just perfectly makes a sandwich so much better!

Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2

I couldn't believe that holiday turkey sandwich! I didn't know they did something special during holiday time!

My family (ok, my mom and I) have made sandwiches kinda like that for years! We kinda mush cranberry sauce and mayonaise together, put it on bread or a roll, and add stuffing and turkey. We LOVE that after-Thanksgiving sandwich! I can only imagine how much better it must have been from the Earl! The way they toast those rolls just perfectly makes a sandwich so much better!

Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2

It really did taste like Thanksgiving dinner! However, I'm thinking I may like your recipe better, I'd prefer actual turkey over deli-sliced turkey. It just isn't the same! I agree on the bread, though. It is simply delicious! Mmm...if only I could get my hands on an Earl Sandwich right about now. :cloud9:

Great report... love the dining reviews! Waiting to see the rest of your review and report! We are going in July....it's seems so far away (we were suppose to go in March). :goodvibes

I know what you mean about changing dining choices.....I made our ADRs and dont know how many I have changed them... Crazy!

SNACKS AT MAGIC KINGDOM

This was a day FULL of snacking! After seeing the many delicious snacks available in WDW that I did not know about until joining DIS-I had to try them ALL! (At least that’s what I told myself.)

MAIN STREET BAKERY:

Crumb Cake

100_1556-1.jpg

The cake was very moist. However, the topping was not very flavorful (I was expecting a sweet flavor but it was just buttery). Overall, I rate this as a 3. I am used to crumb cakes having more of a streusel topping.
average.jpg

CASEY'S CORNER:

Corn Dog Nuggets

100_1573-1.jpg

While waiting for the parade to begin I was getting very hungry and when I get hungry I get crabby and indecisive. DH sent me away for another snack so I wouldn’t bother him with my crankiness! He he. They were served nice and hot despite not being fresh (they kept them in an aluminum container to keep them hot). There was too much breading for my taste. They were the perfect texture on the outside-crispy but not too crispy, however, the breading was bordering too much as the inside was quite doughy. I rate these as a 3. Maybe I didn’t get the best batch but I’m sure I will be trying these again.
average.jpg

ALOHA ISLE:

Pineapple Float:
The beloved and sacred pineapple soft serve! I tried it (DH actually ordered it but I HAD to try it! I’ll admit I was skeptical as I am not the biggest fan of pineapple.

100_1547-1.jpg

I LOVED IT! Wow! The taste is just delicious, although I wouldn’t really say that it tastes like pineapple. The pineapple juice wasn’t the greatest and when we were back in MK later in the week, we each got a pineapple dole whip, no float! I am already looking forward to the next time I can have this wonderful and refreshing treat! Overall, the rating for the Pineapple Float is a 4. Without the juice, most definitely a 5!
LOVEfood-1.jpg

Orange Twist:

100_1548-1.jpg

This was bordering, at best, okay. I feel like if I would have (Is it even available?) gotten the orange soft serve by itself I would have liked it more. I was definitely expecting a more tart flavor. Overall, the rating is a 2. I would not get it again unless I can specifically get the orange whip.
nothappy.gif

CHEF MICKEYS DINNER

Our first ADR! :)

We both had the Ham, Potato & Chive Soup.

100_1616-1.jpg

This is my plate.

100_1621-1.jpg

This is my salad plate.

100_1622-1.jpg

This is DH’s plate.

100_1623-1.jpg

This is DH’s “salad” plate.

100_1624-1.jpg

I wrote down individual comments for each dish and I will give those followed by my overall rating. The Cucumber and Tomato salad was delicious. I ate around the onions. The Bow Tie Garbanzo Salad was not very flavorful at all. The Mickey Ravioli was delicious but the sauce was entirely too thin. It was watery! I loved the Ham, Potato, and Chive soup, it was piping hot and creamy. Great comfort food! The Roast Beef was cold (as was most of the food). The Macaroni & Cheese sauce was also too thin. The Orrechiette Pasta was bland. The Green Beans were rubbery. The Broccoli was average but the cheese sauce had NO flavor. The Garlic Mashed Potatoes were okay but you could tell they were boxed.

This is my dessert plate.

100_1625-1.jpg

This is DH’s dessert plate.

100_1626-1.jpg

I do have to say I was highly disappointed in their desserts. There was definitely a selection but the quality was not there. I had read on the DIS board that the dessert left much to be desired but I am a big believer that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Everyone’s palate is different!

The Cheesecake crust was a pie crust not a graham cracker crust. That definitely threw me off. The Key Lime Tart was actually quite good. The Oreo Mickey (which I was so excited to try) was okay but hard to eat the top and bottom together as the top was crunchy and the bottom was soggy. Yuck! I love my soggy Oreos after being dipped in milk (I shouldn’t have said that because now I want some-and I’m on a diet.) but this was definitely not milk soggy (if that makes sense). The bread pudding was SO dry. The best dessert would have to be their Chocolate Chip Cookies, DH’s eyes lit up when he bit into it.

Overall, this meal was a 3. Definitely NOT worth the nearly $100.00 we spent on it. We will not be coming back here for dinner until we have children and want it for the experience rather than the food. We had CM breakfast on our Honeymoon last June and it was way better and less expensive. If we return without kids, it will be for breakfast!
average.jpg

Great report... love the dining reviews! Waiting to see the rest of your review and report! We are going in July....it's seems so far away (we were suppose to go in March). :goodvibes

I know what you mean about changing dining choices.....I made our ADRs and dont know how many I have changed them... Crazy!

There are so many more I want to try! Ohana, Le Cellier, Tutto Italia, Sci-Fi, Mama Melrose's, Kona, California Grill, Crystal Palace Breakfast, Cinderella's Royal Table, Yak N Yeti...I am definitely planning our next trip around ADR's. We didn't do that this trip and it just was not as good!

Have fun on your trip! I'm not sure when we will go back. I am hoping this November but I am not sure, it may wait until next year. We are planning to go to the beach around our anniversary and that is our priority vacation this year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter