Making dining reservations online error?

motofox4

DIS Veteran
I’ve been trying to make dining reservations online since they opened this morning and when it comes to after when I enter the card information, it tells me “An error occurred while processing your order. Please try again later.” Is this happening to anyone else? It’s happening on the Disney World app and also their website (I have an iPhone 13). I did call to get the reservations but wanted to change one so when I just tried again, I’m getting the same error. This is super frustrating and I can’t figure out why it’s happening. I’ve even tried 3 different cards thinking that was it but still the same thing.

I was just able to book Skipper Canteen in MDE for my September trip. No issues.
Thank you for letting me know. I don’t know what’s happening for me. I was able to book a few yesterday without any issue but today, no matter what I do, I’m getting that error message. I ended up calling again. So frustrating.

They just updated the Dining Reservations . Perhaps that is the reason for your complications today.
It is being discussed in another thread also…
kinda caught me off guard today . It is different . And probably still being updated .

They just updated the Dining Reservations . Perhaps that is the reason for your complications today.
It is being discussed in another thread also…
kinda caught me off guard today . It is different . And probably still being updated .
Ohhh that would make sense! Thank you! I’m crossing my fingers that it works better tomorrow and I can do it online myself.. this is the first time ever that we’re staying off property (not by my choice .. lol) so I have to do them day by day and I don’t like this part about it already. Haha
thank you for letting me know!

I'm still having the issue :mad:
I am too! I guess whenever they did the update, it somehow made some people’s accounts have this glitch because I can’t do anything with making dining reservations on my account but my fiancés account works just fine. It’s annoying because when I called to make the dining reservations, they made them using my account and when i keep checking for better times, I can’t change anything because I keep getting the same error and since it’s under my account, I can’t use my fiancés account to make any modifications. 😣

I've been having this same issue. Today I even bought a gift card to try that, and I'm STILL getting the error. I tried to get help in chat, tried different browsers, clearing the cache, different computers, even! Have you resolved your issue? @FrannyFrogs ?

I also tried incognito mode.
I’m still having the same problem with no answer or help from Disney customer service. I pressed the number for technical service (or something like that) when you call Disney’s number and twice the people who helped had no answer of what’s wrong or how to fix it, just that I can call to make or change reservations or use my fiancé’s account. That doesn’t really fix my problem though! 😣 I don’t understand how or why this even happened .. I thought about deleting my account and making a new one but if I do that, we’ll lose the dining reservations made under my account. So now the only thing I can think to do but it won’t help for our upcoming trip in October, is to delete my account when we get back and create a new one then but it’s so annoying and frustrating that anyone would have to do that and I don’t know if it matters or not, but all of the info from previous trips will be gone and not associated with me if I make a new account.

Have you tried opening a private tab browsing window and booking from there? For some reason I was getting errors, but when I’d do the private browser, it would work.

I had that issue over the weekend with one reservation. I tried again immediately, but it didn’t show the availability anymore. I was disappointed. Then I tried again about 15 minutes later and the opening was back and I made the reservation just fine. It did take a while to get the email confirmation for that one though. The other reservation I made I received the email confirmation right away. I used the same device for both, so I am sure it’s a Disney glitch.

I tried a private browser on my iPhone, tried from my iPad, a private browser on my iPad and then just using the website on my laptop and I’m getting the same thing no matter what I try. It doesn’t make sense when one day it worked and the next, this all started.

After trying 3 different computers and the app without success, I finally called tonight. The wait wasn't long, and she offered me the same times that I saw on the site. I told her how difficult the process had been, and she apologized; said they knew about the glitch, but couldn't give me any idea how long it would take to fix. 🤷‍♀️

After trying 3 different computers and the app without success, I finally called tonight. The wait wasn't long, and she offered me the same times that I saw on the site. I told her how difficult the process had been, and she apologized; said they knew about the glitch, but couldn't give me any idea how long it would take to fix. 🤷‍♀️
It’s good that they know about it and all but it’d be even better if they could get it fixed. Lol I feel better knowing it isn’t just me but I’d also like to be able to do what we should be able to do on our accounts with making and changing reservations. 🫤

I am getting a similar error message! The exact message is “Sorry, but we are unable to complete your purchase online at this time. Please try again later.” I have tried different devices, the app, Safari, Chrome, and with private browsers. Even removed all the credit cards saved to my account and re added them. No luck! My theory is that it is tied to the new reservation system. My booking window opened before it switched over and I had no issues getting my reservations at that point. It switched over for me (not sure if it was done in stages?) and ever since I have had issues.

I am getting a similar error message! The exact message is “Sorry, but we are unable to complete your purchase online at this time. Please try again later.” I have tried different devices, the app, Safari, Chrome, and with private browsers. Even removed all the credit cards saved to my account and re added them. No luck! My theory is that it is tied to the new reservation system. My booking window opened before it switched over and I had no issues getting my reservations at that point. It switched over for me (not sure if it was done in stages?) and ever since I have had issues.
It’s beyond frustrating and if they know it’s a problem, I don’t get why they aren’t on top of it to fix it. Ugh. Im glad at least if I want to, I can make reservations using my fiancés account but it’d be nice to use my own.
And I did the same as you with trying all of the different and private browsers, different devices, app, website, laptop, and also deleted credit and debit card info and re-added. It’s strange how some of us have problems and some don’t. Like I’m curious as to what makes certain accounts have the glitch and others don’t.

I’ve had a heck of a time making reservations this week. My issue is either MDE logging me out and then not recognizing my face or password or the reservations for dining and experiences not showing me the dates available after 60 days even though I’m staying onsite. One morning the app worked better than the website and the next, the opposite worked. But now I couldn’t change anything if I tried since they both won’t let me see any days past 60. It’s really frustrating. I’ve tried logging out, restarting, etc…

I’ve had a heck of a time making reservations this week. My issue is either MDE logging me out and then not recognizing my face or password or the reservations for dining and experiences not showing me the dates available after 60 days even though I’m staying onsite. One morning the app worked better than the website and the next, the opposite worked. But now I couldn’t change anything if I tried since they both won’t let me see any days past 60. It’s really frustrating. I’ve tried logging out, restarting, etc…
I feel for ya .. I really wish there was someone or some department at Disney that cared about the issues we encounter and get them fixed 🫤

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter