Making ressies for meals on wish trip

jennydep

Mouseketeer
We don't have dates confirmed yet, but are hoping to go on dd's wish trip at the very end of April. So it's around 120 days away. How did you who have been on wish trips handle making ressies for meals? This is the first "real" trip to Disney for us so I am like a babe in the woods here. I welcome all suggestions and advice. I'm sure I'll be posting a lot more questions as the time draws near.

Thanks!!

We had the dates set and ressies made for our wish trip before our 90 day (at the time, way back in October!) window opened for ADRs. However, if you're pretty sure of your dates, just go ahead and make adrs, you don't have to be staying on site to make them, so you can just use your home phone number when you call and go through the phone tree system. (unless things have changed since oct!) I know the wish granters will try to accomodate the dates you wish, ours got us exactly the dates we picked.
You can always change or cancel ressies you won't be using if your dates or plans change. Even the ones that take a credit card for the ressie will refund your deposit if it is cancelled 48 hrs in advance.
Hope you have a great trip!

Hi! We went on my daughter's wish trip in October. It was incredible! Are you staying at Give Kids the World? If you haven't decided yet, don't miss out on the opportunity at staying at this incredible, one of a kind resort! You can have breakfast and dinner at GKTW if you choose for free. We originally did not plan on eating much there, but our plans changed once we were there. I did make several priority seatings, though. Especially for lunch. The one's we had for breakfast and dinner we ended up cancelling. The kids did enjoy the character meals we had (Crystal Palace, Garden Grill) I hope I answered your question. Feel free to ask all about wish trips and GKTW. There are a bunch of us here who have experienced them!

We do plan on staying at GKTW. It sounds too wonderful to miss and this will be the only chance we ever have to stay there. I've read a lot of wish reports but love to hear all about the trips. DD's secondary wish is to meet all the princesses. I think we will be able to make that happen!

With the help of some super CM's- we got ADR's for castle breakfast with less than a month. we had to move our trip up by 3 months, and the CM"S were wonderful!! one of the supervisors worked for 3 days, calling me and working it our for DD. castle breakfast is one if the hardest to get because the restaurant is so small. all 3 DD loved meeting all the princesses. I have heard that the one in Epcot is very good also- could not fit that one into the schedule also.
If you have questions, ask away.

jennydep said:
We don't have dates confirmed yet, but are hoping to go on dd's wish trip at the very end of April. So it's around 120 days away. How did you who have been on wish trips handle making ressies for meals? This is the first "real" trip to Disney for us so I am like a babe in the woods here. I welcome all suggestions and advice. I'm sure I'll be posting a lot more questions as the time draws near.

Thanks!!

Hi and welcome to the disABILITIES boards!

First, if you are making ressies for the charactrer meal that MAW(Make A-Wish) is paying for, your dd's wish coordinator usually makes the ressies for the character meal, so you should check with dd's wish granter or wish coordinator about the character meal.
You didn't mention if your dd's wish will be granted by MAW or another wish granting foundation.

If you are wanting to make ressies at the restuarants in the parks, that is usually done by you. There is a certain phone # to call to make ressies at WDW. Unfortuantely I don't have that # with me. You might want to double check with your dd's wish coordinator about who makes the ressies at the parks, if they do that or you do that, most likely the parents do that. What I did, was call about 3 weeks before we got there to make PS(priority seating). I guess it's called ADR now? Anyways, I called that 1-800 dining #
and told them I am a MAW family and wanted to make some PS's to the restaurants we wanted to eat at.

My dd had her wish granted in June 2004. And that was our first real trip to WDW also!

Any other questions, please feel free to ask us!
Have a great trip!

Rosemarie :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter