Maleficent

Ravenne

Queen is never late everyone else is simply early
I watched Sleeping Beauty a lot when I was a kid. It was one of my favorite Disney movies. Needless to say, I'm excited for Maleficent, who also happens to be one of my favorite villains. I'm watching the trailers for it and I noticed that Maleficent has pointy elven ears. I don't recall her having pointy ears in the animated Sleeping Beauty. I don't recall seeing her ears at all though. Did I miss something out of all those times I watched Sleeping Beauty? Does Maleficent have pointy ears?

In this version she does. I think they go well with her pointy horns & cheekbones!

I watched Sleeping Beauty a lot when I was a kid. It was one of my favorite Disney movies. Needless to say, I'm excited for Maleficent, who also happens to be one of my favorite villains. I'm watching the trailers for it and I noticed that Maleficent has pointy elven ears. I don't recall her having pointy ears in the animated Sleeping Beauty. I don't recall seeing her ears at all though. Did I miss something out of all those times I watched Sleeping Beauty? Does Maleficent have pointy ears?

Well a lot of movies currently continue to be adaptations of older books or even films that have been made in the past such as Disney's Sleeping Beauty in this case. So the creative teams continue to always adapt or change things to fit a creative new idea to what they feel will fit according to their new version. :)

Honestly, I never even thought about that! I just Googled it. She did not have pointy ears in the original animated movie

But now in the movie I'm sure I'll be focusing on her ears :rotfl:

Honestly, I never even thought about that! I just Googled it. She did not have pointy ears in the original animated movie

But now in the movie I'm sure I'll be focusing on her ears :rotfl:

Edit: I'm not sure why this double-posted. That's my old computer for ya ;)

Did they show her ears in the animated version? I only remember the wild pointy hat. When she is wearing it you don't see her ears.

I had to re-watch the trailer to see her pointy ears and there they were! I don't think they took anything away. They fit with the abnormal cheekbones.

I absolutely love Angelina Jolie as Maleficent. This was an absolute home run casting choice. Her voice and everything is perfect.

Sorry, Darth, but you'll have to take a back seat to the baddest of them all!

Not quite sure what to make of this one. I'm a huge villains fan so I'll definitely see it. Probably not in the theaters (I'll be visiting my little Chinese friend outside my dry cleaner) but I would be interested to see where they take this one. Maleficent is popular as a character, though as a fan of the villains, I'm tired of the same five characters being crammed down our throats.

Edit:
OK, just watched the trailer. The whole film was made in a computer, and there appear to be only four or five actual humans in the whole movie. The rest is just computer-generated rubbish, borrowed from those silly Lord of the Rings movies. Yep, this one is a $3 DVD viewing for sure.

Not quite sure what to make of this one. I'm a huge villains fan so I'll definitely see it. Probably not in the theaters (I'll be visiting my little Chinese friend outside my dry cleaner) but I would be interested to see where they take this one. Maleficent is popular as a character, though as a fan of the villains, I'm tired of the same five characters being crammed down our throats.

Edit:
OK, just watched the trailer. The whole film was made in a computer, and there appear to be only four or five actual humans in the whole movie. The rest is just computer-generated rubbish, borrowed from those silly Lord of the Rings movies. Yep, this one is a $3 DVD viewing for sure.

Oh my, I laughed out loud at this, supernova! You at least are consistent in all your posts!

Come on, it is a trailer! Trailers always use unfinished CGI, and I saw several dozen people. If you don't like CGI you'd better stick to the Indy films and you might love Saving Mr Banks. :rolleyes1

Have you ever made a completely positive upbeat post on these boards?

Oh my, I laughed out loud at this, supernova! You at least are consistent in all your posts!

Come on, it is a trailer! Trailers always use unfinished CGI, and I saw several dozen people. If you don't like CGI you'd better stick to the Indy films and you might love Saving Mr Banks. :rolleyes1

Have you ever made a completely positive upbeat post on these boards?

Like I said, I really want to like this movie. If it works well, hopefully they will expand into other villain characters. I haven't watched the silly Once Upon a Time show or whatever it was called because I'm, well, male. This one I am going to give an honest attempt at enjoying (albeit from the comforts of my couch). I just don't understand why even the forest shots were all CG. They couldn't find some woods to shoot in?

Glenn Close ruined Cruella DeVil for me. Dustin Hoffman ruined Captain Hook for me. I hope Jolie doesn't do the same for Maleficient.

Like I said, I really want to like this movie. If it works well, hopefully they will expand into other villain characters. I haven't watched the silly Once Upon a Time show or whatever it was called because I'm, well, male. This one I am going to give an honest attempt at enjoying (albeit from the comforts of my couch). I just don't understand why even the forest shots were all CG. They couldn't find some woods to shoot in?

Glenn Close ruined Cruella DeVil for me. Dustin Hoffman ruined Captain Hook for me. I hope Jolie doesn't do the same for Maleficient.

I was ambivalent about Glenn Close, I didn't think much of the movie because the original is one of my "first" Disney movies and a favorite. Now I thought Dustin Hoffman was fantastic as Captain Hook. I love the movie Hook (but that is because I never really cared for Peter Pan so I liked the twists.)

We both hope Maleficent is good, but I think Jolie is superb casting!! I love the teaser and the new trailer. Her voice is perfect and they are paying homage nicely to the original. We will know on the 30th.

I couldn't figure out what they were doing with Dalmations, either. Cruella in the animated version was well-drawn, well-voiced, and well-acted (if you can call it that). Back 'in the day', Disney was creating movies, not children-geared films. Today, it's all about 'can we stick this on Disney Jr?' Even Cpt Hook has been child-ized for Jake & the Neverland Pirates. So the over the top acting of Close sort of ruined the movie for me. I might have liked Hoffman more if he wasn't opposite Williams. There is a difference between an actor and a star. Seeing Robin Williams in the role didn't allow me to see Peter Pan, but Williams as Pan. At least Hoffman was hidden behind make-up.

Jolie has the right facial features and the make-up came off very well. So casting wise, they did a great job. And I'm not looking at the character thinking "oh look, it's Angelina Jolie" yet. So as long as I can go in with fresh eyes, there's a good chance I might enjoy this one. Though CGI has been the death of too many films for me lately. I was flipping through the channels the other day and happened to pass one of the Harry Potter films. He was battling a giant snake for some reason. Now, I realize you can't get a snake to act. But the fake snake was too fake, if that makes sense. Little things like that can take me out of a film.

Overall, fingers crossed for Maleficient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter