Mandymouse's Magic & May Madness (Completed 16/6)

Corinna, there weren't any High Tea reservations when we booked this cruise as we booked quite late, I'm sure it was less than 90 days even, so you may have a chance at getting a ressie :wizard: I hope you do

That would explain it. I paid the balance yesterday so that I can make my reservations as soon as my window opens.

Corinna

Another great day Mandy - I don't think I'd cope well with that sea-sickness though :sick:

I'm loving watching you get more and more tanned each day :lmao: Everytime I see a new picture you've got even more colour!

another great update - I like looking at your wardrobe as much as anything! Will eagerly wait and see if you made it to the last night disco.

I so want to do a Disney cruise since reading your TR - broached the subject with DH and the children today - let's just say they're going to need working on....

Another relaxing day ..... I am impressed you had the stamina to stay up till 2am, I have never made it to the disco on the Magic !! Do they have a different menu on at Topsiders in the evening .... another thing we have never done. Would you recommend it ?

A relaxing day, kudos for your stamina (its amazing what alcohol can do:rotfl2:)

How do you become Gold, Platinum etc members? is by the amount of cruises?

Just read through your whole report :goodvibes

You look like your are both having a wonderful time :thumbsup2

I am loving your report Mandy, I sooo want to go on a cruise, im trying to convince Pete so fingers crossed :goodvibes

Just catching up again.....it all sounds fabulous!!!! Lovely cocktails, lovely dresses and lovely cones??? :confused3 :rotfl2: :lmao:

Yes, it goes by completed cruises. After your first completed cruise, you are Silver, after 5 completed cruises Gold and after 10 completed cruises Platinum.

Corinna

It sounds like a lovely day, I so need to eat at Topsiders one night, it looks so relaxed. The disco sounds like lots of fun - come on mrs what's with the cone lol

Oh Jules, it's a family joke, something I've done for years, I'm surprised I haven't found one on a Girly Weekend .... maybe next time ;):rotfl2::rotfl2:

Another relaxing day ..... I am impressed you had the stamina to stay up till 2am, I have never made it to the disco on the Magic !! Do they have a different menu on at Topsiders in the evening .... another thing we have never done. Would you recommend it ?

Yes it's a different menu in Topsiders Sarah, with only a few starters, mains etc. This is the second time we've done this, we're not fans of seafood and it's nice to eat a little earlier occassionally as we were on late dining

A relaxing day, kudos for your stamina (its amazing what alcohol can do:rotfl2:)

Yes, it goes by completed cruises. After your first completed cruise, you are Silver, after 5 completed cruises Gold and after 10 completed cruises Platinum.

Corinna

^^ As above (thanks Corrina) :)

Friday 13th May '11 ~ Castaway Cay

We woke around 9am with rather sore heads :rotfl: Paul had some fruit for breakfast, I just had some juice then we disembarked onto Disney's private island Castaway Cay

DSCN3248.jpg

DSCN3250.jpg

DSCN3251.jpg

DSCN3253.jpg

It was lovely, sunny and warm too, and thankfully not too hot. We walked past the first tram stop and past the family beach too, then caught a tram to Serenity Bay, the adult beach, then spent the next hour or two taking photos, reading and sunbathing. It was all very relaxing

DSCN3256.jpg

DSCN3261.jpg

DSCN3263.jpg

DSCN3266.jpg

Around 12ish we went to the CC Air BBQ where we had a delicious lunch of cheeseburgers, steak, salad and Lays chips

After lunch we grabbed a couple of drinks at the Castaway Air Bar, I had a Konk Kooler and Paul had a lager

DSCN3267.jpg

DSCN3268.jpg

DSCN3269.jpg

DSCN3271.jpg

DSCN3274.jpg

We spent another hour chilling on our loungers, then caught the tram back to the family beaches. Even though we'd had thick heads earlier, we had previously agreed that we wanted to try a drink at each of the bars on the island. So after looking around the little shop, we stopped off at the Sand Bar where I had a Bahama Mama and Paul had another lager

DSCN3275.jpg

DSCN3276.jpg

DSCN3278.jpg

DSCN3279.jpg

Next stop was the Heads Up bar where I tried an Islander (Mmm)

DSCN3286.jpg

DSCN3288.jpg

DSCN3293.jpg

DSCN3292.jpg

.. Cont'd

Our final stop was at the Conched Out bar where I had my final Bahama Mama of the cruise then we walked back to the ship, and I had a pic taken with Daisy

DSCN3295.jpg

DSCN3297.jpg

DSCN3302.jpg

DSCN3304.jpg

DSCN3303.jpg

DSCN3305.jpg

We had a lovely day on Castaway Cay, the weather was perfect, it never got too hot and we just relaxed

DSCN3306.jpg

DSCN3309.jpg

We watched from Deck 4 as the Magic left the island, then we got ready for our 6pm dinner reservation at Palo

DSCN3312.jpg

Once again Andrea from Brazil was our server. We ordered a bottle of Asti Martini then we chose a plateful of Italian meats/cheeses and vegetables from the trolley she brought to our table along with a basket of breads

DSCN3313.jpg

DSCN3315.jpg

DSCN3317.jpg

DSCN3318.jpg

DSCN3319.jpg

DSCN3320.jpg

DSCN3321.jpg

DSCN3322.jpg

Oops, forgot to take a pic, but as you can see I really enjoyed it

DSCN3323.jpg

DSCN3326.jpg

I started with Mozzarella & Plum Tomatoes and Paul had Tuna Carpaccio. Next I had Chianti Braised Beef Ravioli and Paul had Beef Tenderloin "Palo" with red wine sauce. In between course we were brought sorbets and drinks, and to finish off I had Tiramisu (not as fabulous as it used to be - sadly no shot of coffee to pour over it, but still very nice) and Paul had Panna Cotta

Once again we had a lovely meal in Palo. The atmosphere wasn't rushed and we were very relaxed, and Andrea was a great server

DSCN3324.jpg

DSCN3325.jpg

After dinner we went back to the room, got changed and got started on the packing. We put our cases outside our room (if they're put out before 11pm, you won't have to take them off the ship the next morning, they are waiting for you once you disembark), then we joined our tablemates at Parrot Cay. We sat chatting, exchanged email addresses and we even got talked into having a dessert (not that it took much persuading :rotfl:). We gave our servers their tip envelopes and said goodbye to them and our tablemates, then we went to the atrium to see the Farewell doo-dah where I got some pics with Minnie and Pirate Stitch, then it was off to bed

DSC_0476.jpg

DSCN3333.jpg

DSCN3331.jpg

I absolutely love your necklace that you were wearing at Palo.

I like the idea of the anti pasti trolley. I wonder if they are doing this on the Wonder as well now.

Corinna

all those drinks look yumy, fantastic day and fab piccies :thumbsup2

Mandy - another fab day with some really good photos.

I like the look of the Konk Kooler, hopefully will get to try one. I love CC it's a lovely relaxing place.

I really like your necklace too, I'm looking for something like that :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter