I thought I would skip Marathon Weekend 2019 after going 4 of the last 5 years, but . . . now already thinking of non-Dopey options. It's such a fun race weekend! Maybe only the full, maybe Goofy, or maybe the 10k & full. Good thing registration doesn't open for 3 months! Hopefully by then I will have decided.

I thought I would skip Marathon Weekend 2019 after going 4 of the last 5 years, but . . . now already thinking of non-Dopey options. It's such a fun race weekend! Maybe only the full, maybe Goofy, or maybe the 10k & full. Good thing registration doesn't open for 3 months! Hopefully by then I will have decided.
Same for me. I just enjoy the weekend so much but not sure I will be able to do it next year to not.

Today's Sundays are for Disney question: how many times have you been to a Disney park and how many runDisney events have you done?
I've been going to Disney since 2002 almost every year sometimes more often for runDisney events. My first runDisney event was the 2013 Marathon Weekend 5K and I've done almost every race weekend, missed out on Tower of Terror and didn't get a chance to do Avengers and Disneyland Half weekends. I've mostly done the challenges and having just completed Dopey 2018 I think I'll just do the WDW marathon for 2019. LOL!

If I did 2019 it wouldn't be Dopey either Goofy or maybe just the marathon. I just really want to go to Disneyland too since I have never been. #FirstWorldProblems

You don't need the sorcerer pass for the D23 expo, a 3 day pass works just fine. The good neighbor hotels usually have some good deals that weekend and walks to both are easy peasy. Plus kids eat free after 4pm at the IHOP outside the DL gates. I think you can swing both:D

You don't need the sorcerer pass for the D23 expo, a 3 day pass works just fine. The good neighbor hotels usually have some good deals that weekend and walks to both are easy peasy. Plus kids eat free after 4pm at the IHOP outside the DL gates. I think you can swing both:D
I wasn’t going to go sorcerer if I go. I could probably still pass for a child due to my height too!

Hello all. I did the 5 and 10k this year (5k was Soooo cold), and have previously done the half at WDW and DL in 2016 for my Coast-to-Coast. I am really thinking that I am going to try for my first full in 2019. I didn't think that it would work out as we are on a NYE cruise that gets back on Jan 6th, but when I saw that the WDW 2019 weekend was pushed back a week, I took that as a sign...

Going to do the Tuscaloosa Half and possibly Mercedes (Birmingham) half for POT... Question, how recent does a POT need to be?

Hello all. I did the 5 and 10k this year (5k was Soooo cold), and have previously done the half at WDW and DL in 2016 for my Coast-to-Coast. I am really thinking that I am going to try for my first full in 2019. I didn't think that it would work out as we are on a NYE cruise that gets back on Jan 6th, but when I saw that the WDW 2019 weekend was pushed back a week, I took that as a sign...

Going to do the Tuscaloosa Half and possibly Mercedes (Birmingham) half for POT... Question, how recent does a POT need to be?

My recollection was it had to be in the last two years. @rteetz would know for sure.

My husband needs to run faster at Princess or Dark Side for a good proof of time. He lost his 51 minute 10K and 2:01 half now for future registrations.

Real talk on Resorts - the Fairfield Inn is my go-to for any Disneyland trip (running or not!).

Can’t beat watching the fireworks from the pool for 1/4 what on-site hotels cost!

19FB3C77-6A43-454C-B40C-17B8CFCEAC7D.jpeg

My husband needs to run faster at Princess or Dark Side for a good proof of time. He lost his 51 minute 10K and 2:01 half now for future registrations.

This is my secret second reason for no Marathon Weekend in 2019 ... my best PoT expired and it’s going to take until the end of this year for me to get back to the race that it was at (a fall 10-miler here in Orlando).

This year it was no earlier than Jan. 2016. Based on that next years proof of time would have to be no earlier than Jan. 2017.
OK, worst comes to worst and something happens weather-wise for this year's Tuscaloosa Half, I've got my 2017 Tuscaloosa Half time (though it was one of my worst ones...). Just realized I won't make the Mercedes because that's Mardi Gras weekend...

I just realized my half PR was in December of 2016 so will be a month too old to use for next year's marathon. I have a half scheduled in April but it's hilly from around miles 7 to 10. Hmm... I may have to see what else I can find in the Spring. I do have a question about POT though. I'm nowhere near the cut off where it states that the POT is required. My half PR is 2:50 which I think converts to a 5:57 marathon. I put in the POT anyway for the 2018 marathon because I wasn't sure if it was better to have it in there. So if you're not in the times range where the POT is required, do you really need to put it in?

Add me to the need a new PoT list. Heading to Cleveland in May to hopefully put something decent in the bank. Hopefully a new Half PR. I’ve got a lot of work to do to get there. Just started back into training even though I’m still sick from Marathon Weekend. My sinuses have never been my friend, but they’ve taken things to a new level this past month. Had it licked for about 4 days down in Florida and I think I’m in the homestretch again, but it’s been a long few weeks without much good sleep.

I just realized my half PR was in December of 2016 so will be a month too old to use for next year's marathon. I have a half scheduled in April but it's hilly from around miles 7 to 10. Hmm... I may have to see what else I can find in the Spring. I do have a question about POT though. I'm nowhere near the cut off where it states that the POT is required. My half PR is 2:50 which I think converts to a 5:57 marathon. I put in the POT anyway for the 2018 marathon because I wasn't sure if it was better to have it in there. So if you're not in the times range where the POT is required, do you really need to put it in?
As far as I know you don't need to put a POT in if it puts you over the cutoff. Many people just pick the first drop down that doesn't require a POT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter