do you all go nap after the marathon and then go eat? Or do you eat, nap, park?

Also, what compression socks do you all use? Are they all the same?
I use ProCompression because internet ads. I like them. They come in fun colors. They are probably all the same, just depends on what pattern/color you want.

I can't make our ADR's until Saturday or Sunday as we don't arrive until the 10th. I have it on my calendar as Sunday the 15th. Also, we are not registering until closer to the marathon. It's a $$ thing, too many other things I'm paying for right now to swing it (2 marathons to register for before WDW marathon, Family trip to Universal in November to finish paying for, new roof, etc.) I am believing that it will be open for registration for months! :)

ETA: We are running the marathon as a single race this year, no Dopey.
You should be able to make ADRs tomorrow.

ADR's made! Only two that we even kinda cared about this year, so that's nice. SUPER early dinner at O'hana before the full and celebration meal at Le Cellier.

Now if only I could find the motivation to run this week....this heat has got to GO, y'all.
ADR day is off to a bad start. As in the online system let me make and then decided to apologize for the "PAWS." Currently sitting on hold with the phone system. Getting frustrated when they tell me I can do this quicker online. I'd love to do it online, but your system won't let me!!!

From experience, talking about proof of time for corral placement can sometimes become a touchy subject, but hopefully I'll avoid that.

Based on last year's time boundaries, this may not matter, but here goes. I have a 3:45:47 marathon time and a 1:45:27 half marathon time that I can use (yes, I seem to have a 2 second per mile pacing problem :crazy2: ). Any thoughts on which to submit as POT for the marathon? I generally prefer to use a time from the exact distance, since there's no ambiguity on how it may be converted, but I think the HM time converts to roughly a 3:40 marathon. I'm planning to run for time this year (no Dopey or Goofy for me), so I'm paying more attention to POT.

From experience, talking about proof of time for corral placement can sometimes become a touchy subject, but hopefully I'll avoid that.

Based on last year's time boundaries, this may not matter, but here goes. I have a 3:45:47 marathon time and a 1:45:27 half marathon time that I can use (yes, I seem to have a 2 second per mile pacing problem :crazy2: ). Any thoughts on which to submit as POT for the marathon? I generally prefer to use a time from the exact distance, since there's no ambiguity on how it may be converted, but I think the HM time converts to roughly a 3:40 marathon. I'm planning to run for time this year (no Dopey or Goofy for me), so I'm paying more attention to POT.

I would email runDisney and ask them what your HM time converts to- they'll tell you, you just might not agree with their calculations. :)

I'll save my ADR details for SAFD, but I finally got them all made at about 4:30am Utah time (!) I did run into online issues with the punny "PAWS" Lady and the Tramp pop-up every time I tried to select a time... but eventually I got through after about 20 minutes of trying.

Last edited:
ADR day is off to a bad start. As in the online system let me make and then decided to apologize for the "PAWS." Currently sitting on hold with the phone system. Getting frustrated when they tell me I can do this quicker online. I'd love to do it online, but your system won't let me!!!
For the first time ever, I got every reservation I wanted on the days that I wanted them at close to ideal times. This scares me. Now of course I'm having second thoughts about one of them. Granted, I do this a lot in regards to Disney World. I say I want to try new places, but when it comes down to it, I choose the tried and true that I love. At least this time I have one new place and a place I haven't dined since 2012. The others are tried and true and in some cases are very similar to previous pre race meals. For marathon weekend, there's a strong argument for sticking with what worked great in the past. The celebratory meal is new, but I've noticed strong reviews recently and the food pics I found look not only good, but also sound great after a marathon. I hope.

I'll save my ADR details for SAFD, but I finally got them all made at about 4:30am Utah time (!) I did run into online issues with the punny "PAWS" Lady and the Tramp pop-up every time I tried to select a time... but eventually I got through after about 20 minutes of trying.
I tried intermittently every few minutes before finally deciding to call. The hold time was about 13 minutes, which I suppose isn't too bad. The CM I spoke to was extremely helpful.

I had issues this morning when trying to book ADRs on the app, but it worked well setting a few up online. I'll also save the info for SAFD, but I pretty much just booked the two possible high-demand locations that we have never tried before and wanted to give a shot. Our group like to try new places and we aren't particularly picky, so we've got time.

I got all of the ADRs I wanted, but one of them was on a day that I didn't want and one was a (still great) second choice for post Marathon/Dopey. I'll save the deets for Sunday. I forgot the time that they open so was on about 45 minutes later than I originally wanted to be.

I've been having intermittent Disney webpage issues this week too (although had NO issues this morning) which has made me nervous about registration day. I usually use Safari and when the website doesn't work in that browser I switch to Chrome and it works. :confused3 What I ended up doing was caching my login info incase there's any issues on Thursday.

I scored my desired ADRs just now.

Since we're staying at AKL, planning to cook at least a little bit. The plus side is that I can VERY CAREFULLY control what I'm eating for the pre-marathon supper, since stomach issues are a thing I have dealt with. Of course, there's still the post-half lunch for my sisters to celebrate finishing their first half, but I think we chose a spot that will let me be an intelligent adult and make wise decisions.

I'm filing away the info on Spice Road for possible marathon night dinner. We're playing that one completely by ear (family will be gone by that point and who knows how I'll be feeling).

OK another question for ya'll.

I'm debating on getting a Fantasmic! Dining Package for Saturday the 12th. I've never tried Mama Melrose's, but that's the most affordable option. Reviews online seem fine. We are running both the half and full, so a simple pasta lunch in the early afternoon sounded intriguing. This is the only day we're planning on DHS, so it would most likely be our only option to see Fantasmic! For those that have done it, do you feel the dining package is worth it? With one showing a night and Marathon crowds, I'm guessing we'd need to try and get to the theater 60-90 minutes early to get a semi-decent seat (without a FP+ or Dining Package), but I could be totally wrong. According to 2018 calendars it appears that the show was at 7pm, so that still gets us back to our hotel at a decent hour to get some rest before marathon morning. Thoughts?

My ADR day is Sunday and since I don't know exactly who I'm traveling with yet I am going to counter service and snack my way around disney. I do want to have an afternoon tea at the GF one day and so that's likely all I'm gonna reserve for now. I'm just not a big eater for race weekends. By the time FP window hits I can be super flexible about what park has the rides I want on whatever day.
I'm a type A with planning...so this is not my usual "style"
Also Epcot and Polynesian drinky drinky needs no adrs.

Anyone want to be a spy and see if afternoon tea on Saturday "half day" looks fairly open for a party of one? Or two?

OK another question for ya'll.

I'm debating on getting a Fantasmic! Dining Package for Saturday the 12th. I've never tried Mama Melrose's, but that's the most affordable option. Reviews online seem fine. We are running both the half and full, so a simple pasta lunch in the early afternoon sounded intriguing. This is the only day we're planning on DHS, so it would most likely be our only option to see Fantasmic! For those that have done it, do you feel the dining package is worth it? With one showing a night and Marathon crowds, I'm guessing we'd need to try and get to the theater 60-90 minutes early to get a semi-decent seat (without a FP+ or Dining Package), but I could be totally wrong. According to 2018 calendars it appears that the show was at 7pm, so that still gets us back to our hotel at a decent hour to get some rest before marathon morning. Thoughts?
If you have seen Fantasmic at Disneyland, I do not recommend investing the time and/or cost (dining) to see it at Disney World. The show is much better at Disneyland and I've heard some old reviews from many years ago that said the dining package for Fantasmic gave you worse seats than camping out. While that aspect may have changed, the show hasn't. The Imagineers designed the show for Disneyland and took full advantage of the Rivers of America and used the size of the sailing ship Columbia and the Mark Twain to add to the spectacle. When the show became iconic, they took it back east to DHS and chose to fit the show into a smaller space, thus giving up some of the spectacle. In my opinion, DHS Fantasmic stands as a prime reason why if you choose to never visit Disneyland because you've heard it's smaller and not as good, you are truly shortchanging your Disney fandom.

My ADR day is Sunday and since I don't know exactly who I'm traveling with yet I am going to counter service and snack my way around disney. I do want to have an afternoon tea at the GF one day and so that's likely all I'm gonna reserve for now. I'm just not a big eater for race weekends. By the time FP window hits I can be super flexible about what park has the rides I want on whatever day.

Anyone want to be a spy and see if afternoon tea on Saturday "half day" looks fairly open for a party of one? Or two?

BB6557F9-4C24-4F45-B73B-FCA364AEBFD6.png

Several times are open on 1/12/19 from 12:45 - 3:15, both 1 and 2.
ETA: And @Keels beat me to the punch....I mean tea.

I've done Dining Package, FP+ (most recently 8 days ago), and Standby. From what I've seen, it seems like they block off half the theater for Dining Package & FP+. Dining package is in the middle, and FP+ goes from the end of dining package to the end of the theater. Dining package were the best seats we had, but we've also had decent seats with FP+ when we arrive earlier. And we've never had trouble getting F! as a 4th FP+, even as late as an hour or two before the show (last week we saw the 9pm show, which was the first of two shows, and picked up the FP+ after getting on Alien Swirling Saucers at 6:something).
That said ... even with FP+, you have to arrive early for the better seats. With the dining package you're guaranteed to be closer to the middle no matter when you show up (you just might be all the way in the back).
I'd say if you're interested in a pasta lunch anyway, go for the dining package, but if you're interested in lunch elsewhere, you can get good seats with FP+ if you show up as soon as the window opens.
Just maybe don't show up for your FP+ 10 minutes before the show, because then you'll be all the way at the end ... although that's definitely just a guess and not something I did after a way longer than expected Rock n Roller Coaster line. (All the way at the end wasn't a terrible view, it just wasn't a great view)

If you have seen Fantasmic at Disneyland, I do not recommend investing the time and/or cost (dining) to see it at Disney World. The show is much better at Disneyland and I've heard some old reviews from many years ago that said the dining package for Fantasmic gave you worse seats than camping out. While that aspect may have changed, the show hasn't. The Imagineers designed the show for Disneyland and took full advantage of the Rivers of America and used the size of the sailing ship Columbia and the Mark Twain to add to the spectacle. When the show became iconic, they took it back east to DHS and chose to fit the show into a smaller space, thus giving up some of the spectacle. In my opinion, DHS Fantasmic stands as a prime reason why if you choose to never visit Disneyland because you've heard it's smaller and not as good, you are truly shortchanging your Disney fandom.

It's funny, I seem to be the only one who feels this way, but I prefer F! at WDW. When I saw it at DL it made no impression on me and when I saw it at WDW a few years later I didn't remember ever having seen it before (in fact, I was somewhat certain that I hadn't seen it at DL ... until I realized I had pictures).
Maybe it's because I saw F! at WDW after I saw World of Color (my favorite night show ever), and some of the water effects and projections reminded me a bit of WoC.
I know I'm in the minority here, but I do feel that it's worth seeing at WDW, even if you've seen it at DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter