@lahobbs4

This is a disease that hits close to home for me (my dad passed away of colon cancer when I was 7). One of my most vivid memories of my dad was my very first trip to Disneyland at age 4. I sometimes think that my love of Disney and Disney Parks stem from that particular trip, and how those memories with my Dad have stayed with me through the years.

Our thoughts are with you. The running community is an extremely supportive group of people - I have found running and racing to be more than just physical exercise for me... it has truly been something that has helped me manage not only my day-to-day life - but especially in surviving the tough times. Hopefully you feel that support from all of us. You got this!

I'm toying with the idea of breakfast at Kona Cafe after the 5K. What time would you recommend making a reservation for a "back of the pack" runner? Also, we are going to be driving to Epcot in the morning. Should we plan on driving to the Poly? Or is there any benefit to taking the monorail?

@lahobbs4 I'm so sorry; my heart goes out to you. When I lost my mom in the middle of my marathon training I kept telling myself that going on a long training run or running the marathon distance would not be the hardest thing I did this year. And it made the race a lot less scary. Running was a good "escape" from the actual "hard stuff" of life. PS: You won't lose all your fitness because of a week or two of taking it easier or off.

I'm toying with the idea of breakfast at Kona Cafe after the 5K. What time would you recommend making a reservation for a "back of the pack" runner? Also, we are going to be driving to Epcot in the morning. Should we plan on driving to the Poly? Or is there any benefit to taking the monorail?

I would not plan for the monorail after the 5k. Someone else can confirm, but it might be too early to take it back to the hotel.

I would not plan for the monorail after the 5k. Someone else can confirm, but it might be too early to take it back to the hotel.
Shouldn't be a problem to take the monorail. It should be running at that point. Runners are said to take the bus to the races from monorail resorts for the 5K though.

I would say it depends on what your plans are for after Kona.

Do you plan on going back to Epcot later? If not then I would just drive.

We are probably going to be headed back to the hotel afterward so it sounds like driving would be best. Plus, I am the queen of catastrophic Disney transportation failures so I always need to take that into consideration. I just wasn't sure if there was a logistical reason why the monorail would be better.

Any suggestions as to what time for a reservation?

We are probably going to be headed back to the hotel afterward so it sounds like driving would be best. Plus, I am the queen of catastrophic Disney transportation failures so I always need to take that into consideration. I just wasn't sure if there was a logistical reason why the monorail would be better.

8:30am

Yeah something around 8:30AM should be good.

:thanks::worship:I am SO glad that I asked then. I was thinking 9:30-10:00.
Race starts at 5:30AM everyone should be on course by 6:00-6:15AM or just a bit after. Then it's however long it take you to do the 5K.

You can now with something later if you want though.

Race starts at 5:30AM everyone should be on course by 6:00-6:15AM or just a bit after. Then it's however long it take you to do the 5K.

I guess I was struggling with the post-race activities and how long it would take us to get back to our car, out of the parking lot and over to the Poly. Plus I am slightly math and Disney distance challenged so yeah, it was a good idea to ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter