Here is the current weather forecast:

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 9.58.27 AM.png

5k (5am to 7:30am) - Feels like 39-40 F, possibly windy
10k (5am to 8:00am) - Feels like 41-43 F, possibly windy
HM (5am to 10:00am) - T+D of 103 to 123 (pace adjustment of +1.5%)
M (5am to 1:30pm) - T+D of 118 to 127 to 138 (pace adjustment of +2% to +3%), cloudy

The further out days the week after the race appear to be dropping in temps again, so maybe the marathon could come down as well? Still too early to say anything definitive. For those of you looking at a finish of 4:30 or slower in the marathon, be wary that the forecasted temps have continued to climb. So keep an eye on that as the race gets closer. It may be advisable that you slow the pace from an ideal situation.

As a side note, the quality of the clothing items (jackets and pullovers especially) just didn’t match the price. Everything is very thin and not that flattering. Again, I still spent plenty of money and this is just my opinion.

Agree. To me it seemed as if everything was running weight and designed to go over a tank. Not a true jacket or sweatshirt like last year. I bought much less this year (2 shirts, 2 pins) than last (2 shirts, 2 pins, a jacket and a sweatshirt).

As a side note, the quality of the clothing items (jackets and pullovers especially) just didn’t match the price. Everything is very thin and not that flattering. Again, I still spent plenty of money and this is just my opinion.

It’s true. Champion isn’t a premier brand (but for premier prices.) Marine Corps Marathon has nice Brooks stuff for the same amounts. Oh, well.

I goofed and thought my travel agent was booking my memory maker package so am just now looking at it, and I'm stuck with paying more for it to start now or the advance option not counting for three days. Does the 3 days start from when you buy it? I'm not entering a park until race time on Sunday, so do you think I still have time to do the advanced if I do it right this second? Are there official Disney photographers outside the parks, like at the expo?

So jealous and sad that I’m not going to Marathon Weekend this year. I am very excited to be doing Princess next month, but being at Marathon Weekend for the first time last year, there really is something special about it that’s better than the other race weekends I’ve done. Fingers crossed I can make it back for Marathon Weekend in 2020!

Have lots of fun everyone!!

I goofed and thought my travel agent was booking my memory maker package so am just now looking at it, and I'm stuck with paying more for it to start now or the advance option not counting for three days. Does the 3 days start from when you buy it? I'm not entering a park until race time on Sunday, so do you think I still have time to do the advanced if I do it right this second? Are there official Disney photographers outside the parks, like at the expo?
At wine and dine last year they had a photopass photographer at the expo with a lady and the tramp background (5K theme) at the 3 prior races I’ve done (W&D 16,17 and Star Wars in 18) all the photo ops I’d seen were done via volunteer or character handler at least ones I did at those

Has anyone questioned why most of the races did not sell out this year? The 5K did, but the others did not.
I am not running myself this year, but had run 4 of the previous 5 years, finishing the marathon 3 times.
My reasons had to do with overall cost and last year was the 25th anniversary, a milestone race.

What I find most interesting about this graphic is that with all the talk recently of "Dopey is the preferred challenge" and "why bother with Goofy" there are significantly more Goofy runners than Dopey. Perhaps the rumors of Goofy's demise have been overstated!

I don't buy the numbers for Goofy. Let's say Goofy and Dopey sold out. Would they then list 15,000 Goofy entries (7500 for each) and 14000 for the full and 7500 for Dopey? I agree that's probably how they're adding it up this year to make it look more impressive for Goofy, but there's no way they'd do this is both of the challenges were full. They really should show the actual number of runners entered in each one of the three and not muddle them up to make it look like all three are a sucess.

I don't buy the numbers for Goofy. Let's say Goofy and Dopey sold out. Would they then list 15,000 Goofy entries (7500 for each) and 14000 for the full and 7500 for Dopey? I agree that's probably how they're adding it up this year to make it look more impressive for Goofy, but there's no way they'd do this is both of the challenges were full. They really should show the actual number of runners entered in each one of the three and not muddle them up to make it look like all three are a sucess.

I agree and that's what had me confused for my initial post. As @rteetz pointed out, they seem to be reporting the subset of Goofy runners that are also running Dopey which makes the Goofy only runners somewhere in the 1,200 range.

Don’t rumors about Goofys and Dopeys demise circulate every year? It at least feels like it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter