• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2020

Disney Springs has other exercise clothes options as well. 2 years ago we ended up at Columbia and got a neck protector (meant for preventing sunburns on boats but can also be used for warmth and wind protection) on clearance for $5 or close to that.

:(

Guess if my husband is in Group A and we drive to the 5K - maybe we could make it in time to park at HS grab our group and then head back to the room for him to clean up.

2020 Marathon Weekend DIS List v2019_12_27

Alright, attached you will find the current version of the 2020 Marathon Weekend DIS List! Please review your information for mistakes/errors. Also, please let me know if you have any follow-up questions. When I get more runners info, I'll update it again. Currently we have:

5k - 28 runners (19 yes/maybe to the pre-race meet!)
10k - 34 runners (25 yes/maybe to the pre-race meet!)
HM - 44 runners (35 yes/maybe to the pre-race meet!)
M - 54 runners (43 yes/maybe to the pre-race meet!)

Excited to share the race course with you all!

Attachments

• MW 2020 DIS List 2019_12_27.pdf
    7.8 MB · Views: 186

Alright, attached you will find the current version of the 2020 Marathon Weekend DIS List! Please review your information for mistakes/errors. Also, please let me know if you have any follow-up questions. When I get more runners info, I'll update it again. Currently we have:

This is absolutely incredible!! Amazing job and thank you!! Would you be willing to PM me the actual spreadsheet that’s has the calcs? I have a whole clan of non Dis folks coming down and doing various races. I would love to add them to this and share so they can cheer too. Thanks!!

This is absolutely incredible!! Amazing job and thank you!! Would you be willing to PM me the actual spreadsheet that’s has the calcs? I have a whole clan of non Dis folks coming down and doing various races. I would love to add them to this and share so they can cheer too. Thanks!!

I can share the Excel file, but can't send it through the DIS (doesn't allow excel attachments). It would have to be over email. Just PM me your email address. If not, it's not terribly hard to make.

Coded times are A3 through A21 with times in B3 through B21

Row 28
A=Name
B=DIS
C=Costume
D=Corral
E=Pre-Race
F=Lineup
G=Early/Late
H=Expected Pace

I = Expected Start Time = =IF($D28=$A$3,$B$3,IF($D28=$A$4,$B$4,IF($D28=$A$5,$B$5,IF($D28=$A$6,$B$6,IF($D28=$A$7,$B$7,IF($D28=$A$8,$B$8,IF($D28=$A$9,$B$9,IF($D28=$A$10,$B$10,IF($D28=$A$11,$B$11,IF($D28=$A$12,$B$12,IF($D28=$A$13,$B$13,IF($D28=$A$14,$B$14,IF($D28=$A$15,$B$15,IF($D28=$A$16,$B$16,IF($D28=$A$17,$B$17,IF($D28=$A$18,$B$18,IF($D28=$A$19,$B$19,IF($D28=$A$20,$B$20,IF($D28=$A$21,$B$21,"")))))))))))))))))))

J = First location =$I28+(J$26*$H28); where J26 equals the mile marker of location
K through infinity = all other locations

Then it's a matter of simple conditional formatting statements to specific times. Like TR opens at 7:30am, so highlight in blue all values > 7:30am in Column W.

This is amazing!!! The calculated times are so helpful!! Thanks!

:(

Guess if my husband is in Group A and we drive to the 5K - maybe we could make it in time to park at HS grab our group and then head back to the room for him to clean up.

Yeah I was thinking about doing the savannah our (thankfully didn’t book it like I had planned to last night) and this move just threw any plans I wanted to do for that day into a giant mess.

I get some people like the Boarding Groups. But having to structure and then restructure your day around one ride is a bit more then infuriating for me.

Don’t get me wrong this is a great ride. But the lack of standby and thus the inability to get a return time for DAS just keeps getting more and more frustrating if you want to have any semblance of plans.

@DopeyBadger... thank you for putting this together again!

Race - 5k
Name - Monica
Dis'er name - mrsg00fy
Clothing/ Costume - undecided on costume
Corral ??
Pre-race Meetup? - Yes
Early/ Late arriver - Early
Front, Middle or Back of Corral - Back
Expected pace - 14 minute mile

Race - 10k
Name - Monica
Dis'er name - mrsg00fy
Clothing/ Costume - Goofy
Corral ??
Pre-race Meetup? - Yes

Race - Half Marathon
Name - Monica
Dis'er name - mrsg00fy
Clothing/ Costume - Cinderella Theme
Corral - E
Pre-race Meetup? - Yes

Race - Full Marathon
Name - Monica
Dis'er name - mrsg00fy
Corral - E
Pre-race Meetup? - Yes
Expected pace - 13:10 minute mile

Race - 5k
Name - Jenn
Dis'er name - TeeterTots
Corral ??
Pre-race Meetup? - Yes
Early/ Late arriver - Late (ugh early)
Expected pace - Whatever my girls run

Race - 10k
Name - Jenn
Dis'er name - TeeterTots
Clothing/ Costume - Daisy
Corral ??
Pre-race Meetup? - Yes
Expected pace - Whatever the other fab4 run

Race - Half Marathon
Name - Jenn
Dis'er name - TeeterTots
Clothing/ Costume - Donald-ish
Corral - D but dropping to E with dis gals
Pre-race Meetup? - Yes
Expected pace - Not sure

Race - Full Marathon
Name - Jenn
Dis'er name - TeeterTots
Corral - D (likely E with gal pal)
Pre-race Meetup? - Yes
Early/ Late arriver - Early...no choice!
Expected pace - 10:27 or slower maybe run/walk

@DopeyBadger, thanks so much for doing this! Please update my pace to 14 min/ mile. I looked back at last year, and even after stopping for almost every picture, riding Everest, and having a rough last few miles, I was at a 14:07 pace. I think I can top that this year, even with the PF issues I’ve been having. I don’t intend to hurry, but my original estimate was probably a bit off.

This is super awesome! Thank you for taking the time to do this. Looks like I need to slow down my pace even more to hit EVEREST :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter