Marathon Weekend 2020

Finally got on RoTR at 3:00. We were approaching our hard cutoff for whether we’d get in or not. Camping out waiting for it to reopen kind of paid off. Made it to our 4:00 dinner reservation barely and still have to hit the expo after.

I liked the attraction. It’s a little oversold in my opinion. The process is the worst experience I’ve had with anything at Disney. I would’ve slept in and skipped it if I’d known how things would go.

i would not be surprised to see it on ebay soon.... mind you sometimes i find it available months later at even lower prices that at disney. they seemed ro have verrrrrrry verrrry few pins... i wonder if they will have more tomorrow.. ie they may be spacing them out, i hope

I did that last year for a hat I wanted too late. I just ordered a NYC marathon jacket for 70% off the expo price.

Finally got on RoTR at 3:00. We were approaching our hard cutoff for whether we’d get in or not. Camping out waiting for it to reopen kind of paid off. Made it to our 4:00 dinner reservation barely and still have to hit the expo after.

I liked the attraction. It’s a little oversold in my opinion. The process is the worst experience I’ve had with anything at Disney. I would’ve slept in and skipped it if I’d known how things would go.
When it breaks down, it’s frustrating. The restaurants are pretty flexible though. When I was here last month, I had a Candlelight Processional Package reservation at 1 pm for Via Napoli. When it was pretty obvious my boarding group was close to being called, I told them the situation and asked if I could be seated early and they got me in right away. I’d guess if you were late based on ROTR, especially when it has been breaking down, they’d be understanding.

Just got an email that DHS opens at 7am Sunday! Can’t wait.
Will be there that day for ROTR.
Argh, thanks for the heads up. That’s my DHS day, too. On one hand, that’s great because a lot of people probably won’t know they extended hours on such short notice. On the other hand, I’m bummed to have to miss out on plant-based Pop waffles because I’ll have to leave before the food court opens.

After a 5 hour wait I finally got my room. My day started at 3am and still going strong... Who am I kidding? I am ready to face-plant on my bed. Four more days of this??? The cliche is true the hardest part of Dopey is getting up so early for four straight days! Good luck to everyone running the 5K!

Is anyone there now and staying at one of the Epcot resorts? I’d like to see the official paper they hand out for marathon morning about the pathway to DHS and boats. I have asked here before and it seems like half of people saying the pathway is closed while others say it is open. Wondering if there is any official word yet as to walking to DHS from Boardwalk resort on Sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter