Marathon Weekend 2020

I started about halfway through C. Beast was a hard no. That was the longest line ive ever seen at a Disney event. It was about 4-5 people wide too. I can’t imagine it was only 25 minutes when I passed.

Is it a good, bad, or indifferent idea to overdress a little bit tomorrow for the 10k to use it as some additional last-minute heat training for sat & sun? Paging @DopeyBadger :)

Depends on how fast relative to your 10k fitness pace you run the race. Because there will be adaptations (pro) but if you run too hard then the recovery from the HAT run might bleed into the effort for the other days. Unless you take the run really easy, then I probably wouldn’t take the risk this close to the other events.

Depends on how fast relative to your 10k fitness pace you run the race. Because there will be adaptations (pro) but if you run too hard then the recovery from the HAT run might bleed into the effort for the other days. Unless you take the run really easy, then I probably wouldn’t take the risk this close to the other events.
I won’t risk it. Thank you!!

I was only expecting 4 characters for the 5k so I wasn’t disappointed. Wish Beasts line was shorter. Started in mid to back of C. Wow Epcot is gorgeous before sunrise! I enjoyed the course and kinda glad my first taste of Epcot was running through it.

My only (minor) gripe was that I wish they’d waited until after this weekend to stage all the tents and kiosks for the Festival of the Arts. It’s both a little unsightly and it constrains the course.

My only (minor) gripe was that I wish they’d waited until after this weekend to stage all the tents and kiosks for the Festival of the Arts. It’s both a little unsightly and it constrains the course.

Yeah, I came close a couple times to clipping a tent.

Not running related, but what time do buses start running to the parks, specifically DHS for a 7am open? We are at the poly. Be at the bus stop by 6?

I have read conflicting info, so I wasn't sure. We will get out there early. Good luck to everyone doing the 10k tomorrow!

DH and I arrived at MCO at 3:30, had jetway issues and had to change gates in order to deplane, waited on ME, arrived at BC at 5:40, dumped carry-on bags in room, took bus to expo, arrived at expo shortly after 6, picked up bibs and shirts, hit the official merchandise and left expo at 6:45, returned to BC, went to dinner at Epcot and made it back to our room before 9.

We plan to be near the BC entrance to cheer on the 10k runners in the AM! Good luck DIS Runners!

Not running related, but what time do buses start running to the parks, specifically DHS for a 7am open? We are at the poly. Be at the bus stop by 6?
At Saratoga, I was trying to be at the bus stop just before 6 in Wednesday. When I looked at the app, I noticed I had just missed a bus. I think the first one here must have been at 5:30/5:40ish at the first stop. Another bus did come just after 6. I made it into HS, before 7.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter