Marathon Weekend 2020

Curious as to what everyone’s smart watch shows as their mileage for the full marathon. My Apple Watch Nike+ shows I ran 26.7

For the first time I was under with 25.96. But have suspected my Apple Watch is smoothing too much resulting in reporting less than what I run since the November update. All four races for MW were under. Tried resetting but no luck. I run with my phone in a belt which is suppose to help with the accuracy.

I called the PhotoPass number the other day, since my Horace Horsecollar photo is missing from the half. Spoke with a very pleasant man who told me to fill out the online request form and they'd look for it. He told me that they took 1.35 million photographs during the 4 main races + the kids races. This does include the pre and post race photos, but not photos from the expo. I think he said they took 300,000 more photographs than ever before for MW.
Could be like getting information/rumors from a bus driver, but thought I'd post it here.

My Garmin said I did 26.44. I think I would have been less, but I started around corral E/F runners (I think) since I was stuck on a bus and missed the beginning. This caused me to do more early weaving than I would have liked. I was supposed to be in Corral A.

I ran 44.07 kilometres = 27.38 miles including 40 picture stops and over 12 bathroom breaks.

ETA: Counting them made me feel really good about my time as those stops can easily add two hours to a race!

Last edited:
I ran 44.07 kilometres = 27.38 miles including 40 picture stops and over 12 bathroom breaks.

ETA: Counting them made me feel really good about my time as those stops can easily add two hours to a race!
12 bathroom breaks? Now I don’t feel so bad about my ridiculous 6. I don’t usually need to stop for the restroom at all during races (half marathon or shorter). But, we all know this race was special.

12 bathroom breaks? Now I don’t feel so bad about my ridiculous 6. I don’t usually need to stop for the restroom at all during races (half marathon or shorter). But, we all know this race was special.

I don't know how anyone had anything liquid to evacuate from their bodies during the marathon, I drank 2 cups (1 water / 1 Powerade) at every station and was still dehydrated.

I don't know how anyone had anything liquid to evacuate from their bodies during the marathon, I drank 2 cups (1 water / 1 Powerade) at every station and was still dehydrated.

I had two cups of water and two cups of Powerade at every water station and stopped approximately 100 times to use a portopotty or tree. I had never gone to the bathroom before a race prior to this year's half and full, but they were also the two hottest half and full marathons I've ever run, by a decent margin.

It is totally unusual for me too... Was there a lot more water/electrolytes stations than planned? I was drinking both at everyone of them plus filling my bottle.

Stopping to use the port-o-potty was something I couldn't do since I was trying to hit a sub 3 for this run, so I erred on the side of caution...I mean dehydration :faint:

Last edited:
I had two cups of water and two cups of Powerade at every water station and stopped approximately 100 times to use a portopotty or tree. I had never gone to the bathroom before a race prior to this year's half and full, but they were also the two hottest half and full marathons I've ever run, by a decent margin.
I think I witnessed you coming back on course after a “nature break” right before AK somewhere during the marathon lol. I looked to see if there was a character stop back there because I was hot and a little slow on the uptake at that point.

I think I witnessed you coming back on course after a “nature break” right before AK somewhere during the marathon lol. I looked to see if there was a character stop back there because I was hot and a little slow on the uptake at that point.

That was a memorable stop! I ran through a ditch to get to the portopotty and the ditch had about four inches of what I hope was water. I had soaked and squeaky shoes for the rest of the race.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter