Marathon Weekend 2021

How do we go about getting a refund?

Our payment information has changed so I will need to contact them by Oct 7. Do they mean just the generic RunDisney contact email to contact them?
Today's email says another email will come tomorrow with the option to choose refund or not.

I was kind of underwhelmed with the medals. The Princess ones spoke more to me. But I guess that's ok since DH and I decided on a refund before the announcement. But honestly, if a medal spoke to me it could change my mind. I like Oswald and the medal better than the Dopey one to be honest.

I was kind of underwhelmed with the medals. The Princess ones spoke more to me. But I guess that's ok since DH and I decided on a refund before the announcement. But honestly, if a medal spoke to me it could change my mind. I like Oswald and the medal better than the Dopey one to be honest.
Yeah Dopey is... uh... interesting...

I'm putting the over/under on the Dopey sellout at five minutes. The demand is going to be massive.

I'm definitely going to try to get a TA bib.

As to how fast I think a lot still depends on where we are in terms of covid and how many slots are opened up. If there is a vaccine and let's say it is required to register and slots are back to normal quantity are enough people going to be ready to sign back up at the normal 20-25k number? Or is even 2022 initialy done at a lower capacity (say 50%) and maybe add from there?

So many questions but if registration numbers are back to normal next year I'm not so sure it sells out quickly.

Whelp, 2021 Marathon weekend and Princess Weekend are virtual, c'mon Star Wars weekend! Let's go live!

I'm not particularly surprised and I'm definitely less disappointed than others. I was disappointed when they cancelled 2020 star wars because that was sudden and last minute. This isn't last minute and now that I've seen the impact of the extended pandemic on my workplace, my local economy and society as a whole, it's hard to muster much of a reaction to a race being cancelled. I'll probably take the full refund (although I wish the virtual races were cheaper, as I really like the marathon shirt design) and have cancelled my DVC stay.

That said, this too shall pass and hopefully everyone interested will get the chance to run their chosen race(s) in 2022. :)

Whelp, 2021 Marathon weekend and Princess Weekend are virtual, c'mon Star Wars weekend! Let's go live!

I'm not particularly surprised and I'm definitely less disappointed than others. I was disappointed when they cancelled 2020 star wars because that was sudden and last minute.

I'm not so sure I'd call star wars 2020 last minute. Once they shut the parks down I was almost certain it wasn't happening. It took a while before it was official but that whole "shutdown till end of march" was never going to last just through march. If anything I wish they had made the announcement on star wars 2020 earlier then they did.

However may the force be with us that Star Wars is the return of in-person races... that is our "New Hope".

In all honesty I am in it for the Medals, for the bling, for the fun weekend (and for the awesome challenge Dopey is) and virtual is not the same, but I'll take it for now. But the second thing I look forward to is actually seeing many of you that I've met on these boards and have run with in the races and have become friends with. I'm an introvert, so I don't show it, but I like knowing that I will be at the race and I won't be alone (alone in the sense that I don't know anyone) - that I will be racing with my friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter