Marathon Weekend 2021

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

I haven’t had breakfast yet and I’m getting hungry, so let’s talk about food! For this week’s Sundays are for Disney, what are your five favorite things to eat at WDW? Any item, any restaurant, snacks, dessert, whatever. (Drinks don’t count @FFigawi!)

My top five:
1. Seafood Gumbo - Boma
2. Honey Coriander Wings - Ohana
3. Pot Roast - 50s Prime
4. Penne w/shrimp and vodka sauce - Mama Melrose
5. Mickey Pretzel

Have a great week, everyone!

My top five:

1) Orange Bourbon Cake at California Grill Brunch
2) Cheddar Cheese Popcorn from EPCOT popcorn stand
3) Steak from Takumi-Tei
4) Parker House Rolls from Boathouse
5) Ice Cream Macarons from France

at least that is what I’m currently craving - there is a lot of things I love there!

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

I haven’t had breakfast yet and I’m getting hungry, so let’s talk about food! For this week’s Sundays are for Disney, what are your five favorite things to eat at WDW? Any item, any restaurant, snacks, dessert, whatever. (Drinks don’t count @FFigawi!)

1. Japanese Wagyu beef add-on at Victoria & Albert's
2. Omakase at Takumi-Tei
3. Wild boar tenderloin at Jiko
4. Mickey pretzel
5. Caramel Fleur de Sel ice cream martini in France. It comes with a spoon, therefore it’s food.

SAFD: Wow some of the items you all are sharing sound good. I am feeling a little sheepish with mine...

1) Tacos de Barbacoa at La Cantina (Epcot) - with hot sauce!!!
2) Monte Cristo Sandwich at Blue Bayou (Disneyland)
3) Dole Whip Float (DL, MK & AK)
4) Chili-Cheese Footlong Hotdog at Casey’s Corner (Magic Kingdom)
5) Pepperoni & Black Olive Pizza at Via Napoli (Epcot)

Half of these I can’t have anymore due to a super mean doctor/dietary changes, but I have been known to partake in one or two anyway...

SAFD:

1. Bread Service at Sanaa-I love all of the sauces but a mix of the cucumber raita, coriander chutney and red chile sambal...hook it to my veins.
2. Anything from Les Halles-Special shout to the Palmier; but literally anything.
3. Green curry shrimp at Tusker House-This should probably be #1, but I’ll honor the order things popped into my head.
4. Soft-shell Crab Bao from Morimoto Asia-Had this for the first time in January. Won’t be the last
5. Tomato and Watermelon Salad at Polite Pig-Could have gone a million directions with this last one, but another first time try from January that I’m craving (and will likely make at home)

Left out so many good things, but this was where my head was at today.

Hey! I’m hoping to run the half next year. 2 quick questions for those of you who have run during marathon weekend:

1. Do you book your hotel ahead of registration or do you wait until packages release in the summer?

2. I was considering Gran Destino tower but just heard that that is where a lot of the charities put up their runners/employees. Does that have a big impact on room rates or busses?

thanks so much for any info!

Hey! I’m hoping to run the half next year. 2 quick questions for those of you who have run during marathon weekend:

1. Do you book your hotel ahead of registration or do you wait until packages release in the summer?

2. I was considering Gran Destino tower but just heard that that is where a lot of the charities put up their runners/employees. Does that have a big impact on room rates or busses?

thanks so much for any info!

1. I’ve always booked hotel after registration, but that might just be personal preference. I don’t think I’ve got a significantly better or worse deal and I’ve always felt good about what we’ve been able to book. Whatever works for you should be fine.

2. Can’t particularly comment on Gran Destino or its rates, but buses shouldn’t really be an issue for any resort if Disney is running them correctly. I’ve been at multiple resorts and all have been full of their share of runners. The only bus issues I’ve had were a result of poor planning/driver preparation on Disney’s part.

SAFD: In no particular order, here are my top 5:

• Boeuf Bourguignon at Les Chefs de France
  • Lamb shawarma platter at Tangierine Cafe
  • Tacos de Pescado at La Cantina de San Angel
  • Lobster roll at Columbia Harbour House
  • Shrimp and grits at POFQ food court

Mmm, top five foods is a tough one, but going off of what I actually ate most on this last trip, in no particular order:

1. Mickey pretzel with cheese
2. Endorian Fried Tip-Yip at Docking Bay 7 (with mac & cheese for the side)
3. Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar
4. The seafood stew at Skippers Canteen
5. Popcorn

I love this. I often remind myself at the beginning of any training plan when I'm struggling that I do not have to run the race distance miles today. Instead as I continue to keep at this, then I will be ready for the distance come race day. I believe that more than anything else, consistency leads to crossing the finish line. When I do not feel like going for a run, I try to pretend that it's race day and I'm actually at mile 22 if the plan calls for a 4 mile run and that helps me find the motivation to get out there.
This is something I'm trying to remind myself of frequently! When I'm still working my way up to running 3 to 5 miles on my "long" run, the idea of running 13.1 miles (let alone 26.2) seems ludicrous. But I always remind myself that each week I'm getting better and stronger, and that right now I don't need to worry myself about the distances I'll run in September or next January. I just need to worry about March's distances until April, and then I only need to worry about April's distances.

For this week’s Sundays are for Disney, what are your five favorite things to eat at WDW?
  1. Cheese empanadas at La Cantina
  2. Chile-spiced crispy fried tofu bowl at Sati’li Canteen
  3. Totchos with vegetarian chile at Woody’s Lunch Box
  4. Fresh-cut fries with garlic ranch dipping sauce at D-Luxe Burger
  5. Pecos Bill (any vegetarian option buried under goodies from the toppings bar)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter